1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

/playtime

Discussion in 'Denied' started by Peero, Aug 21, 2016.

1. Peero

Peero Celebrity Meeper

Many other servers have this, and I think it is not only a very cool command, but something that would work well on a server like Meep.

What is it? Basically this command would tell you how much total playtime you've had since the command was implemented. It would also give rewards for certain amounts of time reached. This could work in two ways:
    Example 1: After 1 hour, you would be paid 500 meebles. Then after 10, 1k and so on.
    Example 2: Every hour, you would be paid 100 meebles. Or maybe every 5 hours 500 meebles.
    Notice: I am not saying that these should be the final prices, that would be for staff to decide.

What's the point?
    It would be a way for meep to give back to the people who spent lots of time on their server, in a way that is not too OP but still a nice thing to have.

What if people AFK? It would work with the AFK plug in. Basically, if you are afk, the timer will stop counting until you are no longer AFK. Since AFK machines can outsmart our current AFK plug in, I say we either get a new plug in or upgrade our existing one. This is a lot of work but I think having our AFK plug in updated will benefit things other than this.

Is it necessary? I'll be honest, I don't think it is. But I DO think that it would be a nice feature to have, and something that many people will like. I'm not saying it should be implemented now. Just that once all the big, important additions are added, little things like this can be added. It is like a little side addition, not one that has to be finished quick.

How it works and commands:
    For Commands:

/playtime - Tells you your current playtime
    /playtime (player) - Tells the playtime of another player
    /playtime top (1,2,3 etc.) - Gives the top playtimes for all players. (Works like baltop)

How it works:
    I think that if the command is added, it should start tracking everyone's time from scratch. (I'm pretty sure this is the only way anyway). So, let's say I joined the server for the first time since it was added. I play for 3 hours straight, then log off. My playtime is now 3 hours. Next, I join 10 hours later. This time I play for 2 hours straight. Instead of my playtime being 15 hours, it is 5, since I was not online for those 10 hours. It would only count the time you have on the server, not how much time has passed since you joined.

Would is be hard to code? I'm not a coder, so I have very little idea. I'm not sure how hard timers are to code, and if it would be hard to connect with the AFK plug in. As I mentioned before, this would be a side addition, so I don't think this will be that much of a problem.

Will it cause Lag? I doubt it, but once again, I do not code so I also don't know what types of plug ins and codes cause Lag.

Some Examples:
    If I entered the command /playtime, this would come up:
    Your current playtime: 13 hours/16 minutes/36 seconds
    If I entered the command /playtime Fuzzlr, this would come up:
    Fuzzlr's current playtime: 3 days/14 hours/15 minutes/29 seconds
    (These are obviously made up and serve just for the purpose of example)

A few quick side notes
    -
    • If someone has not spent a day on Meep, then only hours, minutes and seconds will be shown, if they haven't spent an hour, only minutes and seconds, and etc.
    • I don't think there should be weeks or months or even years (doubt anyone will get a year) because I think having 15 days would look cooler than 2 weeks, 1 day. It also keeps the line smaller.
    • The rewards can be completely redone, or maybe not added at all. I wasn't too sure on the rewards so that can be for staff to decide.
    Thanks for reading, and please give your honest opinion below. And if you have any suggestions or questions, I will reply to them. Thanks!

Last edited: Aug 21, 2016
  2. Pmx728

Pmx728 Legendary Meeper

One problem. AFK machines

3. Peero

Peero Celebrity Meeper

I'm not 100% positive, and if anyone knows, please let me know, but I think the AFK plug in can outsmart AFK machines. I've never tested it, but if anyone knows please let me know.

TimothyJH likes this.
  4. Pmx728

Pmx728 Legendary Meeper

It can't

TimothyJH likes this.
  5. Peero

Peero Celebrity Meeper

Oh yea I think you're right. I'll edit it a little.

TimothyJH likes this.
  6. Mjs6000

Mjs6000 Popular Meeper

Great idea, but maybe should have been implemented earlier. But i love the kdea, rewarding players who play a lot etc.

Peero likes this.
  7. Bloopers

Bloopers Celebrity Meeper

it can probably outsmart afk machines by finding repetitive movements(like going around in circles in water, or bobbing up and down)

TimothyJH and Peero like this.
  8. TimothyJH

TimothyJH Popular Meeper

+1

Cool idea! :D

Peero likes this.
  9. X11

X11 Well-Known Meeper

And if it can't, I'm sure you could code something that alerts the staff when a player hasn't been afk for a long amount of time. Then they could check the player to see if they are using an afk machine.

Bloopers, Peero and TimothyJH like this.
  10. TimothyJH

TimothyJH Popular Meeper

Another idea for an anti-AFK machine plugin would be to only detect when the player moves by their own controls and NOT outside forces. This is possible.

11. Marshy_88

Marshy_88 Celebrity Meeper

+1 too bad it wasn't already implemented. I'd have hundreds of hours!

Peero and TimothyJH like this.
  12. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

Denied, if you want free money just /vote ;)