1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Denied Pengo801 Ban Appeal

Discussion in 'Ban and Mute Appeals Archive' started by pengo801, Jun 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pengo801

pengo801 Meeper

IGN (In-Game Name): Pengo801
    When you were banned: about 30 minutes ago
    Reason: Glitch exploitation
    Ban Length: 7d
    Staff Member: Quaddy
    Why we should consider your appeal: Well i was in the wild trying to go mining, but couldnt find a cave that wasn't already searched, so i did the redstone block on a fence trick to find one that hasn't been found. I don't really understand why its an unfair advantage for me whenever its available to everyone, and on single player. It gets really frustrating when everywhere you go has been stripped of everything and it really isn't a big deal to look for one with that trick. I dont really consider it a glitch because it has been around for since redstone blocks came out and they would've fixed it by now if they wanted too. A 7 day ban is kind of ridiculous for something which is very minimal and causes no unfair advantage if it is available to every vanilla player. Please consider my appeal seeing as a simple trick like this is not very harmful when all i was trying to do is look for an untouched cave.

2. chaos546

chaos546 Canadian Forums Stalker

Just because it is part of the game, and available to everyone, doesn't mean it should be legal. Xray mods and texture packs are available to everyone, and not removed by Mojang. Does that mean we should allow those as well? Glitch exploits are clearly stated in the rules as illegal;
    How does being able to see caves not be an unfair advantage? Despite the fact that it is accessible by everyone, it is still widely considered cheating and is against our rules. That should be enough for you to not do it. Do you have any other reason that you want to be unbanned, other than the fact that you don't think that xraying should be illegal?

Khafra likes this.
  3. pengo801

pengo801 Meeper

Although that the glitch is not major, i should have not been so stubborn to believe that it wouldn't be against the rules. I know that it was stupid of me to do it even though it was for a minor advantage. I know that it is i guess considered xraying and am sorry that i did it. I was just angry that every cave i went in has been stripped of everything, but now i know that exploiting that bug is not a viable option to get around the stress of getting nothing. I guess before i mine i must to venture a ways away from where i randomly get placed. All i am asking is to be forgiven and trust me that this will never happen again.

4. chaos546

chaos546 Canadian Forums Stalker

While we definitely appreciate you apologizing and saying you understand, I think it could help you to have this 7
    day ban so you can learn that even if you think a rule is stupid, you need to follow it.

Denied, but I'm looking forwards to seeing you again next week.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.