1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Owengpowell14 Staff Application

Discussion in 'Denied' started by Owen Powell, Jun 11, 2014.

1. Owen Powell

Owen Powell Popular Meeper

In Game Name: owengpowell14
    Skype (Yes/No): owen.powell55

Teamspeak Username: owen.powell

Mic use: I don't have one yet, but my brother, who also plays meepcraft, does, and he lets me use it often.

Timezone: Eastern Time Zone

Hours online per weekday: 2-8

Hours online per weekend: 2-8

Position Changes: (ex. Citizen to Helper, Helper to Mod)
    Premium- Helper

Introduction:
    I am Owen Powell, known as owengpowell14 on Meepcraft. I am a 13 year old boy who loves music, is a talented writer, and enjoys helping people. I reside in Atlanta, Georgia, attend Brandon Hall School. Some of the ventures I occupy my free time with is writing, social activities and Minecraft. I first started playing this great game in mid- 2012, during 1.2.5. My first encounter with Meepcraft was in October 2012, on another account. I had a great experience with this server in the beginning of my time here. I took a break from Minecraft until I got my new account, owengpowell14. I re-registered for Meepcraft in early 2014, and it was the best choice I've ever made in my gaming career. I've spent countless hours of my leisure hours on here ever since, and it has been a superb time.

Why you should be Helper/Mod ?
    I should be a staff member because, first and foremost, I have a great passion for improving everything. And, I could make Meepcraft an even safer, happier, and more enjoyable than it already is. I love amazing opportunities, and helping enhance this fabulous server would be very rewarding
    -Dedication
    My dedication to something I love is one of my best qualities. When I see something that I can make better, I will, no matter what the cost. Meepcraft is my #1 priority in my gaming life, and I would do almost anything for it.
    -Involvement
    I play meep for many hours a day. I am active in chat and give a player help if asked. As a staff member, I would do the same. I promise to respond to every modreq that I get and will assist any player that needs it.
    -Maturity
    I'm very mature on Meepcraft. I try my best to be a role model for the new players.
    -Clean Record
    I'm quite proud to say that I've never been banned, or even kicked! I'm a great rule- follower and a well behaved player.
    -A new view: I have a different viewpoint and opinion than many server staff members, which can be beneficial in times of quandary and quarrel.
    Weaknesses:
    -Temper
    If someone makes me mad, I will be likely make a quick and unreasonable decision that I will soon regret. My rage overcomes my common sense at times, which can be very damaging.
    -Over Thinking
    Conclusion:
    I promise to be a responsible, joyful, and helpful member of the meepcraft staff community. I strive to help make meepcraft the best server it can be.

scoowby likes this.
  2. Bob4444444

Bob4444444 Celebrity Meeper

•I liked the app
    •I've started to see you online and in /shout, but it needs a little more work
    •Never seen you on Teamspeak
    •Never see you helping
    •New to forums
    •Following the Meep Instagram
    •You seem very nice
    •You have a lot of potential
    Good luck! ;)

SirCallow, NotRyqn and hippapajo like this.
  3. Owen Powell

Thanks for the feedback, Bob. I just got teamspeak, so I'm still learning to use it. Most of the people I help are in my town (Voskita). And I'm just starting to bloom in the land of the forums! So, thank you very much (again) for the helpful reply Bob!

chaos546 and Bob4444444 like this.
  4. nhjed

nhjed Celebrity Meeper

I think you need a bit more exposure.

I admire that you've put your thought into this application, though.

I'm a -1, however, if you decide to apply again I could possibly I could up my vote in the near future.

FluffbearRCT likes this.
  5. Owen Powell

I agree with you on the more exposure part, which I'm working on now. Thanks for the feedback though!

6. Bob4444444

Bob4444444 Celebrity Meeper

I know this is only the second response, but don't reply to every post that comes. It makes you seem desperate. Just a heads up ;)

SirCallow likes this.
  7. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

Not a bad app, but not a great one either. I'd work on that, as well as activity on all aspects of the server. I'm at a -1, good luck!

8. Cascade1324

Cascade1324 Celebrity Meeper

^
    good luck

9. Jaruv

Jaruv Popular Meeper

-1 You are too new to the forums. To be active on the forums is an important part of being a staff member, so try to be active on the forums for a month+ and get to know the community (on the forums) untill you re-apply. But good luck in the future.

10. Flamedemond2

Flamedemond2 Highly flammable

Hello Owen! I'm always exited to see people like you apply for the helper position. The reason I'm exited, is because I know that you have interest in helping the server and making it a better place. Right now, I see huge amounts of untapped potential for you to be an amazing staff member, and in future, I'm sure I won't fail to notice you shine. Right now though, you seem too new to some key aspects of the game, for instance teamspeak and forums. I have seen you once or twice in game, and I would like to see you become more involved with people other than just in your town. Participating in /shout discussion is the best way to become noticed and well know throughout the community. As for the app, I genuinely enjoyed reading it. One suggestion that I would like to see you do, is expand on each point that you made in your why section.

Overall, I'm a -1, but I would really like to see you apply again. Good luck! :)

SirCallow and lionblaze25 like this.
  11. NotRyqn

NotRyqn Celebrity Meeper

Work on all aspects on the server, New to forums, Never seen you in-game, nor helping in-game, Not to mention the fact I have never seen you in teamspeak.

12. Lady_Hestia

Lady_Hestia Retro, Dance, Freak

Hmm the application could have been more organized and contain more information.
    You are pretty friendly and active in the community (by which I mean getting to know us outside of the game aka instagram)
    Seems like you have a good amount of experience.
    Never seen you on ts
    Tbh there is nothing about this application that screams helper material.

13. lionblaze25

lionblaze25 Active Meeper

Reasons Above
    Good Luck

14. RaidByNightOnly

RaidByNightOnly Celebrity Meeper

-1 reasons stated above BUT good luck anyways :D

15. lfpnub

lfpnub Popular Meeper

GL Owen may brother. Literally. I'm his irl brother and he is very mature. But he has a temper. +1

smeef likes this.
  16. smeef

smeef Popular Meeper

+1 if and only if you enjoy chicken dinners, after you are declared the "winner winner".

SirCallow and lfpnub like this.
  17. Skaros123

Skaros123 Otaku Wooden Hoe

Well the application was well, I will have to -1 this application. One of the key parts of upholding a helper position is to become active with the community and to interact and do your best to help out even in shout. I can suggest you wait some time before submitting an application, and do work on your activity. :)

18. abbythrowsstuff

abbythrowsstuff Celebrity Meeper

I don't trust this account and you're new to the forums.

19. Tobster911

Tobster911 Popular Meeper

-1 there are ENOUGH helpers on meepcraft, we don't need any more!

SirCallow likes this.
  20. damiencw

damiencw Well-Known Meeper

Pls dont tell us where you go to school there are weirdos
    Edit- if u rage u shouldnt be a helper 10 dollars says i can make u rage without breaking a rule