1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

On a serious note; what is this staff?

Discussion in 'Denied' started by nhjed, Apr 18, 2016.

?

Should we loosen the restrictions on chat? (e.g. swearing, sex refs, politics)

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

Skaros123 likes this.
  2. Lady_Hestia

Lady_Hestia Retro, Dance, Freak

Guys I came to this server for two reasons one because it's a working economy and two I don't get harassment which I would get on other servers with a name that clearly shows I'm a female.
    I stuck around because of the family friendly aspect. Sure now that I am older yes, it does get in the way (actually wait, no it doesnt) which is why for it to be togglable would be an amazing suggestion

3. metr0n0me

metr0n0me Legendary Meeper

I think you misunderstand my point. I'm not necessarily advocating that we allow players to have the most vulgar, toxic conversations--not at all. However, shout is a nice place to discuss issues: like I said earlier, even things like politics and religion are deemed taboo (heck, even "nazi" triggers the profanity filter; why)? The moderation team can easily shut down discussion if it becomes overly inappropriate, anyways.

FunGUY and HazTheMan99 like this.
  4. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

Ted Cruz is literally Satan.

FunGUY, epick8, cooey and 5 others like this.
  5. metr0n0me

@Klitch , can you explain to me why it's sensible to drive away 13-16 year-old players by promoting family-friendly rules when they're the people who spend the most money on the server?

We cannot cater to everyone--making the server all-inclusive and "catering to all ages" is a nice idea on paper, but ultimately it doesn't work, especially when you're trying to make money.

legendcaleb likes this.
  6. PhoenixPuppy

PhoenixPuppy Celebrity Meeper

On a "serious note".

There is no need for cussing, disrespectful, and or overly rude language.

However, there is also no set rules nor can there be to prevent that from happening. You give a bunch of 13 year olds power to kick and ban at their "discretion", of which they have limited experience doing; I'm not really sure what you expect.

7. Skaros123

Skaros123 Otaku Wooden Hoe

8. metr0n0me

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by this; can you elaborate?

FunGUY and PhoenixPuppy like this.
  9. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

That's sexual

I think?

FunGUY, HazTheMan99, Draqq and 2 others like this.
  10. Skaros123

Nothing sexual about North Koreans. Tisk tisk.

11. 00000

00000 Guest

What is rude about sexual humor?

Also, why can't you understand that humor is subjective? It's nobody's place to judge what is stupid and what is not. Are we supposed to enjoy ourselves by saying:

hi (name)-eh!! <3 ~~~
    haiiiii! omg bby<3 i built something cool xD
    kewl. xD lemme see it <3 ~~ !

Because that is the REAL immaturity? What's wrong with a few jokes bruh.
    Yes, thank you. I already mentioned it above in my post; mature players are leaving because of the sheer stupidity of what some people say in shout. I don't like to agree with hotasianbeans, but "Every player I liked has been replaced with an obnoxious 12 year old girl"

Thank you for replying, Fuzz. It makes me happy to see how much you're getting involved lately.

you yourself said that 300 players is a "hamlet" - and now we are at what, one hundred?

I am not saying that people should be swearing like sailors or making excessive sexual humor jokes; but please, let us have a bit of fun. I previously stated that these kids have fun by playing, not by talking with anyone. Older players are here for the community; little kids just play minigames and build wooden boxes with cobblestone floors in towny.

What is constituted by "adult friendly"? Constant digression from any topics, even politics? Why must we take it to forums? Why can't we simply talk about what we want, and if the mods think it's REALLY excessive or bad on an adult's standards.

FunGUY, HazTheMan99 and metr0n0me like this.
  12. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

On a serious note;

Both sides are not correct.

There is no need for blatant and obtuse language/topics, however there is also no need for micro-moderating every small thing. Controversial shouldn't be the litmus test for inappropriateness. You really just need to utilize common sense, it's really that easy. I did it, so I really know, using simple common sense is super easy.

FunGUY, epick8, HazTheMan99 and 3 others like this.
  13. nhjed

nhjed Celebrity Meeper

oh god what is this thread

CreeperCristi, FunGUY and Courtneyyy like this.
  14. 00000

00000 Guest

I have to agree. That is in no way what I'm talking about however.

Want to make a joke? Okay, puppeh! xD <3 ily ~~~

15. metr0n0me

I disagree, I think sexual humour is inappropriate and shouldn't necessarily be allowed. However, I would like to see more moderator discretion before banning for language or shutting down conversations, as opposed to hard and flat punishments.
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 18, 2016, Original Post Date: Apr 18, 2016 ---
    I reiterate that I'm not advocating for the legality of "blatant and obtuse language/topics." Read the above post.

CluelessKlutz likes this.
  16. Toostenheimer

Toostenheimer Legendary Meeper

I don't know if it's just me, but I always cringe at threads like these.

Now, I'm not specifically targeting you nhjed, but there's people who purposely try to go around in sexual humor. Staff catch on and punish those who do. The ones who receive the punishment get upset over it because they're punished over going around a rule.

Chill, it was only 30 minutes. That's enough time for you to go play something else. Go socialize. This is the Internet. Grow up.

metr0n0me likes this.
  17. interdesirename

interdesirename Celebrity Meeper

I believe if we all stop using sex refs we would all be better people. I for one need to do this.

FunGUY and CluelessKlutz like this.
  18. 00000

00000 Guest

What if it is inappropriate? The community has a few mature, older players left; let them make jokes about what they want.

Or, wait I have it.

How about a group /msg so we can tell each other what saucy stuff we want to???????

We don't need it in shout, I just want to tell about 7+ of my friends a joke; I'm not gonna message them all?

FunGUY likes this.
  19. PhoenixPuppy

PhoenixPuppy Celebrity Meeper

The servers way to address vulgar language and or minor infractions not listed in the rules is to leave it up to the Moderators "discretion". Which mean it can very from mod to mod. One Mod may have seen the "i'm going to pop your mom" post and thought nothing of it. While another 13 year old mod that has no idea what he meant by it decides he's just going to ban him assuming the context of the post was sexual or slander. (Not pointing out any mods or anything, just making a statement) One moderator may find something more offensive than the players themselves. Leaving things like that up to their "discretion" is only asking for troubles.

Verbal warnings should have been issued, and or kicks, before any kind of temp-ban was placed (in my opinion). Personally I would have issued a verbal warning followed by a kick if what I believed to be sexual content did not stop after the verbal warning. A 30minute ban would have been issued if the player continued to ignore the warnings given.

FunGUY likes this.
  20. Skaros123

We need more anime in politics.