1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Best Posts in Thread: On a serious note; what is this staff?

1. IGotBored

IGotBored Celebrity Meeper

This is so confusing, your beginning sentence was about how this server is to the point of not having fun. Then we go into drug references vs. suicide encouragement. Then we go back to the strictness of the server. Finally we end up on your own personal experiences and then conclude.

disclaimer: further usage of "you" refers to the general "you". There's always the one guy who thinks it's all about him and thinks I wrote specifically for him. I didn't.

Actual examples are generally backed up with evidence of a screenshot? There's context given as well? I fully agree that telling someone to kill themselves should be a permabannable offense. We don't live in that world, currently, so let's stick to how it is right now as that argument is fully different. If the player making a drug reference has a much longer ban history than the one committing the other offense, they're going to be punished more harshly whether the offense deserves it or not. Repeated infractions deserve harsher punishments until the point when they just say to heck with it and permaban you (see:VKL_Rewindzz, over 50 times).

Now, I can agree with you on the strictness part. This server is so much less tolerant than they were even just a year ago. I can totally agree that it's a good idea to change things, but I don't see why you can't accept that things aren't going to change and you aren't going to get your way. There are thousands of other servers and dozens of other media where you can make your drug reference. Why is this one the one you care so much about? Surely there's other humor that can be found in things that aren't against the rules? If your entire sense of humor results around breaking social taboos then the problem doesn't lie with the server.

To what end? Is your life going to be vastly impacted by getting to make a sex joke or a drug joke? Is this so paramount to your enjoyment of the game that the server is unplayable without it? I mean, if you can give me a solid reason why it would be beneficial to the server to do so then let me know because I'm genuinely interested to hear it. (No, you don't know that majority of the players would appreciate it, just the majority of the ones who shout the loudest).

tl;dr why

2. Epicdude141

Epicdude141 Celebrity Meeper

Gonna post this again because it was deleted on another thread...

Random Player on global: 69

Staff:
    [​IMG]

3. iiTzJDL

iiTzJDL Legendary Meeper

this thread kinda makes me glad i was demoted.

4. iMelXP

iMelXP bean team

things i think should be allowed in chat:
    1. references in relation to tomorrow's date on any day of the year
    2. sesenta y nueve
    ten year olds say it ANYWAY and I'm an immature pos so i want to as well cmon y'all let me live a little here

5. nhjed

nhjed Celebrity Meeper

>when the op gets completely ignored and your thread gets derailed

6. metr0n0me

metr0n0me Legendary Meeper

Sure, we don't want to discriminate against those who don't want to see vulgar language, but look at the effects of the family-friendly policies on the server. Player count has tanked, and multiple old community members have quit, citing declining community, among other concerns. Obviously something isn't working right here, whether that's the family-friendly policies, chronic mismanagement of money, or god-knows what. If we continue on this path, pretty soon nobody will be able to have fun.

FunGUY, zsuzsu1, Enron and 1 other person like this.