1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Best Posts in Thread: On a serious note; what is this staff?

1. 00000

00000 Guest

you're not the only one glad about that

2. Lady_Hestia

Lady_Hestia Retro, Dance, Freak

Guys I came to this server for two reasons one because it's a working economy and two I don't get harassment which I would get on other servers with a name that clearly shows I'm a female.
    I stuck around because of the family friendly aspect. Sure now that I am older yes, it does get in the way (actually wait, no it doesnt) which is why for it to be togglable would be an amazing suggestion

3. 00000

00000 Guest

We will never have a sexual content toggle, because it's literally impossible for a non-human to distinguish, because that in turn requires great cognitive function to put into context and weigh options.

Orion9, Billybob12, Snowboardtiger, god knows who else

And yes I will admit we have our fair share of just toxic people of any age. But little kids aren't worth catering to is my point

FunGUY, zsuzsu1, KaiUsesThis and 6 others like this.
  4. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

Ted Cruz is literally Satan.

FunGUY, epick8, cooey and 5 others like this.
  5. Viperfan

Viperfan Celebrity Meeper Staff Member Game Designer

This sever has basically turned into drama center. You know the staff team is bad when they just say "Oh dont say that again" when someone says "kys" to someone.. They dont even ban which is pathetic. I received a 24-hour ban earlier for calling Diamondtigertd "Saltytigertd" but I saw someone say "kys" to a citizen and staff acted like they didnt care. Then you got those "Mini-Staff" members who act like they do good when they are just as bad.. @legendcaleb is right on this one this server is not even close to a family friendly server. Its all about drama now basically. The only "good" staff right now that actually help out would be @KlutchDecals @Versus @Cooleysworld @Jess_4Ds @PainCakexx1997 and @Miku (Not counting helpers because they are still "new") Then you got those people like Blendycat who no one knew then just got accepted. I think the staff team needs to start banning for joking about stuff like suicide and stop freaking out when someone gets called salty or something.

6. SX1

SX1 Celebrity Meeper

I liked the idea of having a command where you can enable / disable the chat filter. Of course, there should still be a rule that still makes really offensive things / excessive swearing bannable. I can live without saying swearing in chat, but I couldn't care less if I saw some swearing in the chat.

7. Enron

Enron Celebrity Meeper

I got a 3-day forums ban for saying "regardless of wether or not you grow the weed yourself, it's still illegal to sell it most places"
    gg staff

FunGUY, BlackJack, Llamazon and 3 others like this.
  8. Telinus

Telinus Celebrity Meeper

teloinus for admin

9. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

I wasn't referring to you. There is blame on both sides, really.

You have children who push the limits just to push the limits, which triggers a harsher and harsher respond by the moderation team.

The solution is: Staff need to ease up and let the atmosphere be enjoyable, even if it's a little harsher for people to read. Kids need to stop thinking they have to be vulgar and curse. It doesn't matter if MeepCraft isn't a classroom, bible study, ..., ...

It's a business with customers, and one should try to let the customers have their way as much as reasonably possible. Is prohibiting someone talking about Greek Mythology (just an example) worth limiting your customer? Is stopping some brief history discussion worth hassling your customers over, especially if nobody gets hurt?

Quite frankly, though, it's their server and they can do what they wish with it, they do the work. However banning is literally the most destructive punitive action to use, because it removes customers.

FunGUY, HazTheMan99, cooey and 3 others like this.
  10. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

On a serious note;

Both sides are not correct.

There is no need for blatant and obtuse language/topics, however there is also no need for micro-moderating every small thing. Controversial shouldn't be the litmus test for inappropriateness. You really just need to utilize common sense, it's really that easy. I did it, so I really know, using simple common sense is super easy.

FunGUY, epick8, HazTheMan99 and 3 others like this.
  11. metr0n0me

metr0n0me Legendary Meeper

I'm not suggesting that we allow "ridiculously rude and inappropriate" comments on the server; stop using strawman fallacies.

However, the chat rules need to be relaxed to some degree. One can't even carry on ANY conversation with real-life significance in shout, whether that be politics, religion, current events, history, cultural awareness (yes, I was told by a staff member that this isn't the classroom, and Meep isn't the place to discuss ancient Greek mythology). Chat has become completely dead, and only a place to make trite comments (0mg 1 was m1n1ng and 1337 15 daimends) or ask questions. I seriously cannot see how players can have decent conversations in shout anymore.

Achmed, FunGUY, Pmx728 and 3 others like this.
  12. junelawnchaired

junelawnchaired neat-o!

nhjed if you want to be taken seriously then I suggest you make a private conversation with the person who banned you or a higher staff member. Obviously you're not going to get answers from the entire meep community, that's why it's getting "derailed". I've had people message me about bans in the past and we've had civil conversations and resolved the misunderstanding. hope that helps! :)

edit: burritoh snagged the words out of my fingers! sneaky..

FunGUY, BooBear1227, 2leah2 and 2 others like this.
  13. nhjed

nhjed Celebrity Meeper

@Jwarian @Fuzzlr

My question still hasn't been answered, and this isn't even half of the issue being explained.

Sometimes I wonder if you ever read what I said.

Why was I BANNED over the other person? Is it because I'm nhjed? Staff were on while this person said that, actively chatting in shout actually. But no, they didn't get banned.

I had no intentions of being innapropriate, and saying "I'll pop your mom" means nothing really.

The fact everybody is derailing this thread is dumb, and you should stop because none of you are getting the point

Last edited: Apr 19, 2016
  14. _MacintoshWave_

_MacintoshWave_ Celebrity Meeper

I love the server, but toxicity is a huge problem. sarcasm alone can be degrading and condescending. sarcasm is easy to detect when talking to someone in person, but it's hard to tell when it's text over the internet.

15. Fuzzlr

Fuzzlr Owner Staff Member Owner

That's a bit off topic, but I'll discuss it anyways. If someone is mature, they will be able to handle other people's strong beliefs without being offended or getting heated, but that's not the way it is for everyone because not everybody is mature. Some people are just out there to pick a fight and when that happens it ruins the fun for everybody. Some people might enjoy a heated discussion, but for the vast majority it can be stressful and not quite the kind of community environment they are looking for. We don't need that conversation to be broadcasted to the entire server and that's why we have a debate section on the forums so people can choose to participate in such discussions.

16. Skaros123

Skaros123 Otaku Wooden Hoe

We need more anime in politics.

17. Skaros123

Skaros123 Otaku Wooden Hoe

Nothing sexual about North Koreans. Tisk tisk.

18. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

That's sexual

I think?

FunGUY, HazTheMan99, Draqq and 2 others like this.
  19. Llamazon

Llamazon Celebrity Meeper

Sometimes, staff do overthink the things we say...
    Once I said that I was inhaling nail polish, sharpie fumes, and smoke at the same time. Staff told me in /msg to stop... they thought I was referencing suicide.
    I guess I understand the misinterpretation, but really? I told the staff what was really happening: I was painting my nails, and while they were drying, I was drawing a picture with a sharpie, and then I opened my window to let out the fumes, but the smoke of somebody else's burn pile came in through the window. The staff replied to my reasoning with "Yeah. Sure."
    10/10 trust