1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Best Posts in Thread: On a serious note; what is this staff?

1. Fuzzlr

Fuzzlr Owner Staff Member Owner

We have rules on the server to make it a safe place that everyone can enjoy. We shouldn't have to stop younger players from being able to enjoy the server because we made a choice to be inappropriate in a global chat channel for a cheap thrill. A lot of people support MeepCraft because we maintain a community that is friendly for both children and adults. And what kind of "children" are you talking about? The people that are consistently breaking the rules are the ones who seem more like children to me.

2. 00000

00000 Guest

By the way: PETITION to allow sexual references?

Kids aren't the ones building the community, helping it, or growing it at all. They never have anything worthwhile to say and constantly whine and overall just being toxic.

Yeah it's cute that you like your kids to play on the server but can't they just do /gtoggle ? I can tell you that kids never play for any sense of a community, and when they do, they are much better off /muted and not being able to see /gtoggle. I have lots of friends here and I like to joke around to anyone who finds my jokes funny; little kids aren't going to be scarred for life by me saying "I'm close to my sweet release", which I got a 2d ban for. My joke had no victims or anything like that; I'm just trying to have a laugh while here. With the strict guidelines imposed on us by staff, that's near impossible considering all jokes have to be "family friendly".

The little kids are such a small minority, too; I can tell you that 99.9% of players ever that have been here know about sex. I promise you that.

so, can we read my post and respond intelligently and thoughtfully to it? I'd like to turn this rant thread into an idea exchanging thread about sexual references as a whole.

Achmed, FunGUY, zsuzsu1 and 13 others like this.
  3. legendcaleb

legendcaleb Celebrity Meeper

This server is far too strict. It's gone past "family-friendly" into a point of "don't have fun"

I understand the points that swearing shouldn't be used for cheap humor, but the words that are allowed can be far worse.

Example : (actual example)

Person A : 420 blaze
    *3 hour ban*
    Person B : Kys <player>
    *Don't say that again*

HOW IN THE NAME OF HELL IS SAYING 420 BLAZE WORSE THAN TELLING A PERSON TO KILL THEMSELVES? I play on servers where swearing is allowed (to an extent) but saying kys is a perm ban with no chance to appeal. Get your act together, because that is totally not correct.

You're strict to the point where if one person says something wrong it turns into :

"omg screenied"
    "reporting"
    "Banned"
    "bye"

To be honest, isn't that more toxic than the original swear anyway? Ease up, though swearing profusely should not be allowed, can't we let mild sex references and drug references slip by? (use discretion) I remember in 2012 where that kind of humor was allowed and everyone was fine with it.

If we truly are family friendly, then why do we cater to the younger audience of said family? It is the older people that bring in donations, which is a necessity for the survival of the server. I don't understand why we don't cater to the audiences of 12-15 when they are the ones that benefit the server the most. I remember when I first joined minecraft, I didn't ever pay attention to chat or other players, and when I did, it was never someone as toxic as some of the people I see today who claim the alias of "supporter of the family friendly server"

I joined minecraft August 2012 (I was 11), and the 3rd server I joined was wear I saw the first swear. My dad warned me when I started minecraft that I would connect with other players who would use bad language, and he said that I could turn the chat off if it bothered me, and he showed me how. So for the majority of my time there I turned off the chat. Eventually I got a bit older and turned chat on again and I was responsible enough not to swear profusely as some of the people I saw.

I know this is pretty confusing because I keep making my argument unclear, but all I'm trying to say is loosen up. If swearing bothers people that much they should be responsible to know how to turn off chat. I understand words such as "F***" or "Sh*t" not being allowed, along with other sexual paraphernalia, but at ease up, and don't be so quick to the ban for mild sex references or drug references.

4. Fuzzlr

Think about it this way, using inappropriate language is a choice but being exposed to inappropriate language is not really a choice. Many more people would be turned away by the use of inappropriate language than by our policing of it. There are many mature things to discuss that don't require inappropriate language.

I 100% disagree with your business logic, @metr0n0me, allowing inappropriate language throughout the server would be extremely unprofessional and would definitely be unappealing for many people who wish to invest their time and money in the game.

If you wish to use inappropriate language you still can, in a private channel. There are many times in life when sexual language or swearing is appropriate, but not on global channels that broadcast to an entire community of players.

FunGUY, Lady_Hestia, 2leah2 and 12 others like this.
  5. Kazarkas

Kazarkas Legendary Meeper Elder

OMG, KAZARKAS' MIND FOREVER UNCLEAN!!!!!

6. Cooleysworld

Cooleysworld Celebrity Meeper Elder

I don't know you? What is this and who is this? nhjed?

FunGUY, zsuzsu1, ajlpikachu and 12 others like this.
  7. nhjed

nhjed Celebrity Meeper

image.png
    If you tl;dr'd basically I said "I'll pop your mom" and got banned

What are you guys really trying to cover up

I just want an explanation at some point. If you're going to sit there and just deny my request that is not going to solve this case and that's not going to make me like the staff team any further

Being 100% with your community is vital in being a good staff team and making the server better

Inb4 some of you say "nhjed it's 30 minutes get over yourself" that's not the point. I'm just trying to figure out why an unjust ban was given to me when nothing harmful was being said. That's like you getting kicked out of a house for breathing in it (don't judge my analogies)

Is it just because it's me? Is it just because I'm nhjed? I had an individual say those lines in shout and nothing happened to him. What makes me vulnerable to unjust bans?

I want a proper explanation

Achmed, FunGUY, zsuzsu1 and 11 others like this.
  8. PhoenixPuppy

PhoenixPuppy Celebrity Meeper

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. PhoenixPuppy

PhoenixPuppy Celebrity Meeper

Forum ban him for sexual ref please.

10. Klitch

Klitch

children are the toxic ones? yeah ok.

11. iMelXP

iMelXP bean team

@ admins please let me make 420 & 69 jokes thats my whole life you dont understand the emptiness i feel without it

12. metr0n0me

metr0n0me Legendary Meeper

Additionally, the "family friendly" policies are actively decreasing server revenue by driving an age group (13-16) away from the server.

What if we had a chat filter that players could toggle on/off, based on whether or not they want to hear cursing in their chat?

Achmed, FunGUY, zsuzsu1 and 9 others like this.
  13. 00000

00000 Guest

It's likely because of "popping the cherry", or just that the term was connected to some sort of reference.

Don't worry Jwar. You let little Timmy sleep safe at night knowing that this demon perpetrator is off the streets corrupting kids' minds with sexual references.

FunGUY, zsuzsu1, KyloMeep and 9 others like this.
  14. Skaros123

Skaros123 Otaku Wooden Hoe

15. legendcaleb

legendcaleb Celebrity Meeper

Let me ask : What is the point of catering to a younger audience when it is the older ones that benefit the server the most. Also, how come this "family friendly" idea has failed so much, driven so many people away and brought the player base to a peak of 80 on most week days
    [​IMG]

FunGUY, zsuzsu1, KaiUsesThis and 8 others like this.
  16. Fuzzlr

Group chats are already on the list of things to be developed.

FunGUY, HazTheMan99, Burritoh and 7 others like this.
  17. Kazarkas

Kazarkas Legendary Meeper Elder

"I'll pop your mom" can't be taken as a sex ref, if anything he's saying he will pop her off aka pop a cap in her aka "whack" her etc...

Assuming she is someone's mom and gave birth it is impossible to "pop" a mom.... So yeah... I don't really get this.

Achmed, FunGUY, KyloMeep and 7 others like this.
  18. 00000

00000 Guest

you're not the only one glad about that