1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Ohdraqq's Application

Discussion in 'Denied' started by Draqq, Aug 7, 2014.

1. TheRealWoohoocheese

TheRealWoohoocheese Celebrity Meeper

Doesn't matter, you shouldn't be doing it in the first place. Considering that that was a server video. Basically thats part of the server.

2. Nara_Visa

Nara_Visa Celebrity Meeper

Oh come on if staff can swear in staff chat why can't he on a damn YouTube comment section.

3. KariStar86

KariStar86 Heroine of Time

-1 from me, I'm sorry... reading this was kind of like reading VKL's app. I don't really know what to make of it. One of the first things I did was skim for something like this:

And sure enough, there it is. This makes me think it's a troll app. But in case it isn't, I'll take you seriously and give you some honest feedback, because I want to believe you can benefit from it. :)

Here's the good news. You know a lot about the server, and about Minecraft in general, and you could put that knowledge to great use on MeepCraft as a staff member. You're smart, resourceful, and persistent, and you're definitely not afraid to speak your mind - which I appreciate. I've seen you be kind and helpful, so I know those qualities of a Helper are in you.

But let's be real. You have a lengthy ban history, and while it is possible to move on from your past, it isn't really that far behind you. Just a few days ago, I had to say for the third or fourth time in a couple weeks, "ohDraqq wants to know why he's forum banned (again)." I don't mind doing that, but it's not a good sign for someone who wants to be a Helper. It was only a couple weeks ago that you were railing against staff and the server, insulting several staff members, and making no secret of the fact that you wanted to be banned and were going to quit. Your attitude and behavior toward other players and the server in general is going to have to change if you want to represent MeepCraft as a Helper. I'd like to see you address people's concerns (like the ones epick8 raised) with a little more self-awareness - even if you don't want to go into detail, and even if you believe you were justified in your actions.

But this is the thing... you weren't just complaining about nothing getting done (which would be very understandable). You were calling multiple staff members names and insulting them. :( I don't hold this against you personally, as we've talked enough for me to get where you're coming from. But if you want to be part of the staff team, you have to be willing to BE a team - to work together with people who you may not like, may not get along with, or may not think should be staff. The apology in your application is a start, but I think you'll need to do more to mend those fences.

Staff would welcome this information. :) Why not send me a Skype or a forums message, and I'll look into it or pass it to a higher staff member? We can keep it anonymous.

What I really hope to see is for you to make good on the things you're saying in your application, and then re-apply when you've taken more steps to change - or just to bring out the positive sides of yourself that I know are there. If that happens, I'd be glad to support you! Until then, I'm afraid I can't.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2014
    Imperfectly, nhjed, MeepStats and 6 others like this.
  4. Cooleysworld

Cooleysworld Celebrity Meeper Elder