1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

OCTKlein15's Helper App

Discussion in 'Denied' started by OCTKlein15, Dec 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OCTKlein15

OCTKlein15 Meeper

In Game Name: OCTKlein15

Skype User-name: OC_TKlein_15

TeamSpeak User-name: OCTKLEIN15 – Tyler

Mic use: Yes I have a Mic

Timezone: Central

Hours online per weekday: 4-5 hours

Hours online per weekend: 6-7 hours

Position Changes: Citizen to Helper

Introduction:

Hello everyone my name is OCTKlein15 and I am here today to apply for the position of Helper! Okay so now a little bit about myself I was born and raised in Iowa. I am currently a sophomore at Iowa State University and my major is Computer Science with a minor in Sports Management. So now that you know me on an academic level I should probably tell you about some of the things I like to do in my free time. My absolutely favorite thing besides Minecraft is playing soccer. I coach three teams this year and I absolutely love it. I could go on for hours about how great it is but I don’t want to waste your time :p So now that you know a little bit about me I will now tell you why I think I should be Helper.

Why I should be Helper:

Okay so as many of you know I was in the staff already and got demoted because lack of activity and now I am back hoping that the great players of Meep and the Meep Staff are willing to give me another chance to help moderate this great community. There are a few reasons I feel why I would make a good helper and they are as follows.

Experience: So I know most people don't like when experience is put in your “why you should be” section of your application because they feel it has no beneficial purpose with being a staff member. But this is where I disagree with most people. I feel my past staff experiences has helped me a ton with being a good staff member. I have learned so many lessons from past experiences.

Maturity: So I feel maturity is a huge part of being a good staff member because if you aren't mature enough to walk away from a situation or know when you should stop talking then you are gonna get ripped apart by players because you aren't going to make everyone happy 100% of the time. I know this because in past experiences I wasn't smart enough to walk away or stop talking and my mouth got me in a lot trouble and those experiences have taught me a lot.

Weaknesses:

I feel my only weakness would have to be time management. I have two jobs plus I am a full time student and before when I was apart of staff I was really bad about managing my time. Since then I have made huge steps to dedicate time or make time for things I love to do. So I would say it is still a weakness but one that I am working hard to fix.

Conclusion:

So that's it I have told you all about myself and I look forward to keep playing Meep with all of you no matter what happens with this application. Thanks for taking the time to consider my application and as always.

Stay Classy Meep Type People - OCT

2. Jackl01

Jackl01 Celebrity Meeper

ALL of the experiences I have had with you were negative and work up the forum activity

Flamedemond, chaos546 and Nager2012 like this.
  3. chaos546

chaos546 Canadian Forums Stalker

Hi OCT, I remember when you became a Helper before, and I really didn't think you deserved it. I literally just read your former application by digging it up from way back when. I'm being brutally honest here; I don't think you should become a Helper again, at least not yet.

- I haven't ever once seen you in game, either before when you were a Helper, or now. When did you come back to Meep? A lot of things have changed since you were staff; I think you should take a little time to get to know the server. We are also only an hour apart, so I'm pretty sure I should've seen you at least once. Like mentioned above, get to know the server more, and the people. If you see someone ask a question in /shout, answer. If you see a conversation you are interested in, start talking. I would like to see you be more interactive with the community.

- Your forums activity is horrible. I'm sorry, but it's true. Your last post was on October 15th; over a month and a half ago. I'd like to see you post constructive replies to posts in Q&A, Report A Bug, Suggestions, and Staff Recruitment. Forums activity is important when it comes to getting to know the community on a deeper level and even just getting news and updates about the server. You didn't post much before and you haven't posted much now. It'd be nice to see you more often.

- The application was, although better than your former application, still very short and not very informative. I'll break down what I've come to expect in each section.

- Your introduction is okay; certainly better than many I've seen. You seem to grasp what an introduction really is supposed to be used for, which is a short summary of yourself so that the people who don't know you can get to know you. I only wish you'd put more about your actual personality.

- Your Why was extremely short and had basically nothing in it. Sure, you are experienced. What are you experienced in? What did you personally do while a Helper before? What did you learn? You left it on a kinda cliff. What lessons did you learn that make you a better candidate? You should also have at least 4 or 5 points, not just 2. Make sure to elaborate on each point and to make each at least a 5-8 sentence paragraph for each point.

- How are you working to fix your 'one weakness'? Also, do you have any other weaknesses? Wrack your mind for anything - anything - that could possibly effect your work as a Helper. Outline how it would effect it and what you are currently doing to prevent it from doing that.

Sorry, but for now, I stand at a -1. I haven't had any personal experiences with you so I can't be a judge of your personality itself, but I don't think you would make a good addition to the staff team at this time. Things have changed; I really think you should learn what has before applying again, if this is denied. From what I have seen of you, it's clear you haven't been back nearly long enough to find out what's been going on.

4. Deinen0

Deinen0 Guest

+1 Octklein, I know you did a good job, and I know you cared.

Taha, MeepStats and OCTKlein15 like this.
  5. Lady_Hestia

Lady_Hestia Retro, Dance, Freak

you were really great (as a noob when you were around I dont remember all that well) as far as I remember. Plus aren't you part of the Coelho group? (bias admins >:p) I just see you as an all around nice person +0 cuz of other people comments.

OCTKlein15 likes this.
  6. Coelho

Coelho Onis_Luck Elder

This app sucks. +1

Telinus, Klitch, mrli1 and 13 others like this.
  7. Treehugger_Bill

Treehugger_Bill Popular Meeper

I haven't ever seen you in-game.

8. MeGustaYou

MeGustaYou Popular Meeper

I remember most of your time at staff. I know you DID care and was a great staff, and you're my friend; but now I don't think you want it for the right reasons.
    I honestly think you want helper for some of the commands again, rather than helping the server. Most of my experiences with you were really fun and positive; but now, I'm just not sure you should be helper with the things I heard you say recently about some commands.

This app and your forum activity is a bit underpar... although you did great as staff before, I can't really +1 this knowing about the things that you said and the things that you wanted.
    I'd completely be a 100percent +1 if you did not say some of the things you did on teamspeak, sorry.

I stand at a -1. :(

Lady_Hestia and chaos546 like this.
  9. iiTzJDL

iiTzJDL Legendary Meeper

You've been inactive in game and on the forums for a month or two.

10. superbros1211

superbros1211 Most Popular Meeper

I would like to see you in game more but it is probably my time zone. +1.

OCTKlein15 likes this.
  11. DancingCactus

DancingCactus Legendary Meeper

You were fine as a staff member.

BUT you just came back to the community, to my understanding. I saw you online last night, and that's the only time I've seen you in the last couple months.

You can't come back here thinking that you will get staff only based on prior experiences.

+0

12. MrHollywoot

MrHollywoot Popular Meeper

TYLER!!!!

O man my army could grow 1 more

+1 you do great work you belong home...come home tyler come home

Lady_Hestia and OCTKlein15 like this.
  13. Darryn25

Darryn25 New Meeper

Yea this boi need's it good guy +1000

OCTKlein15 likes this.
  14. james_Grimplin

james_Grimplin Popular Meeper

hmm...+0.25 you were on ok staff member, But i have started seeing you less IG, and also your forum activity is bad.

15. UMADBRO?

UMADBRO? Well-Known Meeper

I do not see you in game nor forums.
    I can hardly see your why section It's so small

Things to work on:

/shout
    Forums
    Teamspeak with Mic ON!!!
    Helping other people

Your choice other people--

16. PuckMiner

PuckMiner Celebrity Meeper

I am a -0.5 because you forum activity is lacking. Try and post more in the Q/A section and bring the activity up. Also I am unsure whether your are inactive in game or you just don't shout a lot. I know shouting can be hard at times but try and start some conversation in it. Also I have never had a positive experience with you however, I have never had a negative experience with you either.

17. MrsMegan

MrsMegan Celebrity Meeper

-1 told me to go to bed!

In all seriousness I give you a +.5, from what I've heard you were good at what you did and cared for the server, the only questionable thing would be your activeness. I was unable to ever see you doing your job as a staff member because I left shortly after you were accepted, so this vote goes mainly off the your application and a bit from word of staff.

Flamedemond and james_Grimplin like this.
  18. Nager2012

Nager2012 Popular Meeper

Jackl01 and Flamedemond like this.
  19. Mainkreke

Mainkreke Popular Meeper

+/-0
    This app was okay-ish.
    Haven't see you online.
    Your forum activity needs work.
    I've been told you were an average staff member.

20. feewill

feewill Meeper

The thing that really caught my eye was your one weakness and how it was about your problem in time management. I quote from your application, "Hours online per weekday: 4-5 hours, hours online per weekend: 6-7 hours" which to me seems like a lot, and not a weakness. You also just returned from a 1-2 month absence, which will not at all aid you in your request. To me, this is invalid for no real weakness stated.

Tas8833 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.