1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

No Words.

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by KlutchDecals, Jan 2, 2017.

1. Klitch

Klitch

The backups we have are so far back that everyone would still be screwed. A reset is more beneficial. Additionally, we have backups of some things, not all.

2. evilalec555

evilalec555 Celebrity Meeper

3. Klitch

Klitch

4. Captain_Twinkies

Captain_Twinkies Celebrity Meeper

If anyone cares about my opinion, I think we should revert to the last backup. People are tired of creating towns empires again and again. Our player count has been down at a record low. To have people rebuild their empires again would only severely hurt our already dwindling player base. If what I hear is true, that there is a recent backup, we should restore to it instead of resetting completely.

I've bought ranks for people and now I'm going to lose what I've donated for? It's pretty unfair, to say the least. The best thing to do is not to completely reset, but to revert to our most recent backup. It's unjust to simply wipe away the achievements and countless hours put into our empires. Disregarding any technical difficulties, we must restore from a recent backup at all costs. Whatever it takes. No excuses. Otherwise, we'll just pretend everything is going to be "alright" and just pretend that we will fix our dwindling player base by resetting.

Furthermore, why wasn't there a database backup at all? There has not been a backup since before the creation of Gamma. That's completely outrageous. Politely, I must state that there has been a huge lack of judgment not to backup, thus this situation happened. People entrust their achievements, hard work, and their IRL money to be well spent by good decisions and careful choices. People are very frustrated not because their hard work has been destroyed, countless hours absolutely wasted, achievements deleted, but because these lapses in judgment continue to happen. I must state again, the choice not to backup the server, which is not just a server for a couple of people, but for hundreds of people who put loyalty, time, and money into to enjoy was simply wiped away by a malicious character.

Although there is a huge stigmatizing culture here for criticizing the staff or calling out faults of our community in any way, I'm going to state that I am very disappointed. Many of my friends, myself including, spent countless hours and real money into building our own world and empires. This is totally unacceptable. This shouldn't be blamed on one person, but the judgment of administration in general.
    I apologize if I'm being harsh, but I feel it's needed to be said. I'm not perfect, no one is perfect. But this clearly was an extreme lack of judgment that affected hundreds of our players.

That's just my opinion.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
  5. Courtneyyy

Courtneyyy Admin Princess Staff Member Helper Media Elder

The one backup we have of spawn was before we even released it meaning nothing is done and things like the forest and meepclub are gone. We have to rebuild literally so imagine everything else. The eco is at where we were long before Gamma unfortunately we have no choice but to reset if there was any other way around it or anything else to be done trust us it would be done. Please trust us!

qazini, Natsu and Pmx728 like this.
  6. Bloopers

Bloopers Legendary Meeper

forest is gone?! that means time crimestoppers is gone nooooooooooooooooooooooooo

well i still have the google doc for it :^)

Natsu and Courtneyyy like this.
  7. Klitch

Klitch

Despite what you may think, resets actually encourage former and new players to join the server and build up new towns and their balances. The problem with reverting to last backup is it is from before gamma economy, meaning that it is completely inflated and impractical to go back to at this time. A reset will be our best option.

xXAdotXx, Kabixi, Melynarra and 3 others like this.
  8. Klitch

Klitch

If you could send that to me, that would be fantastic.

Courtneyyy likes this.
  9. Bloopers

Bloopers Legendary Meeper

i want to make some changes to it first!!!

10. Draqq

Draqq beans on toast

psuedogodjnr spreading false information

11. Captain_Twinkies

Sorry, but based on what evidence? I personally am very discouraged to rebuild my empire. From my personal experience on Meep, I've been a player for almost 2+ years. These things keep on happening and I'm more and more discouraged from spending time here. I love Meep. It's my home. But when these things keep happening, I am very saddened and frustrated that they happen in the first place. So what if a Developer goes rogue? We should have weekly, even daily backups in the first place. This is a business, not just a server. There should have been professional handling of server information.

I'm going to stop now, I'm done with my rant. If I go on further, people will just tell me to leave, which I won't.

If we want to prevent things like this from happening again, people really need to speak up. We have a very sensitive culture here about criticizing or pointing out faults in our community. If we don't want this to happen, we need to make some real changes on how we address these issues and how to prevent them.

12. Vexmae

Vexmae Royal-Tea Staff Member Mod Media

I honestly think a reset would be better than reverting back. let alone the fact we would have lost so much, so the doubt would be much greater than that of if we do reset. but it also provides new terrain for us to go on, and with it in the meantime are we getting 1.11 mobs and items too? cause I think that might boost people's hopes for the server as they have wanted the new items and mobs for quite a while, me especially wanted to see baby Vex's flying around

Melynarra, Natsu and Courtneyyy like this.
  13. buttfly29

buttfly29 Popular Meeper

Everything i loved is gone :(

Natsu likes this.
  14. Vexmae

everything we ALL loved is gone. but at least we still have each other. lets face it, we can rebuild our houses but if we argue about it our relationship with esch other would never be the same.

maxyman and Courtneyyy like this.
  15. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

Take a look at gamma.
    When the basically soft reset happened, player count was higher than it had been for MONTHS.
    player count was brought down again because no further development was made.
    If this reset happens and the staff can actually keep that momentum, I can see player count coming back.

16. Vexmae

yeah, i honestly think our main problem was growth in betting that jobs took our player countdown, but they were coming back so that was temporary, but as an example, gamma seemed to hardly get new improvements, so which it brought us down. but this new change means a fresh mind for this staff and clear up their plate, so they have a new canvas and a fresh brain to make the server better and more functional

17. Captain_Twinkies

I agree.
    Alright, I just hope for the best of Meep. These things happen but we seem to get back up anyway. I hope we recovery, hopefully better than ever!

Here's to a new year everyone.

18. Khafra

Khafra Celebrity Meeper

How should servers deal with users who have already spent hard currency on features that affect gameplay?
    Users may keep the perks they’ve paid for on the condition that the same perks are available to other players on the server (directly or purchasable using soft currency). It’s up to the server host to decide how to compensate users for previous transactions.

Let's talk server monetisation - the follow-up Q+A

FatIsNoob likes this.
  19. FatBrownMan

FatBrownMan Celebrity Meeper

As I said, I dont see why your upset reseting, we all get to be on the same level and start again, more player will come as everyone above me said. This reset is a huge PLUS

Natsu and Vexmae like this.
  20. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

The problem was that bugs were presented, fixes were promised, new things were promised, and from a player standpoint absolutely nothing was done. Granted, I am not saying jobs was not getting done and from being in staff chats and talking to klutch I know 100% jobs was being worked on. but as a PLAYER I'd call bull on how hard it was really worked on and I get why someone would think that.
    As I said... if there is momentum and stuff actually looks like it's being done... Meep will be alive and well for longer so.

Melynarra, qazini and Vexmae like this.