1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

No Words.

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by KlutchDecals, Jan 2, 2017.

1. FatBrownMan

FatBrownMan Celebrity Meeper

I personally think this is a good thing, meep needed a refresh. 2 questions though.
    Will we still have our ranks?
    When is it coming back up? :)

evilalec555 likes this.
  2. Courtneyyy

Courtneyyy Admin Princess Staff Member Helper Media Elder

This process is not going to be instant since we are having to build from the ground up we do appreciate your patience.

evilalec555, CyborgZeroX and Garde7 like this.
  3. Garde7

Garde7 Popular Meeper

Lol this is giving me time to catch up on stuff
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 3, 2017, Original Post Date: Jan 3, 2017 ---
    I am now a semi profitable human being

FatBrownMan and Courtneyyy like this.
  4. Melynarra

Melynarra Popular Meeper

So the biggest answer we are looking for is when Meep will be back up.

I will kinda like having only 1 town to worry about, as for how to do it? I'll do what I do best, collecting things, lol you just saved me from having to move a ton of chests. I can now do it one chest at a time.

Garde7 and FatBrownMan like this.
  5. Klitch

Klitch

Meep will be available to all as soon as we properly set up the server to support players old and new. (Soon)

BooBear1227 and xXAdotXx like this.
  6. FatBrownMan

FatBrownMan Celebrity Meeper

Don't the admins have an exact date or are you still figuring that out?

Garde7 likes this.
  7. Garde7

Garde7 Popular Meeper

yes same

BigDaddyJoseph likes this.
  8. andrewrobins

andrewrobins My views are my own.

Oh sheesh-kebab

L_E_, 2leah2, Draqq and 2 others like this.
  9. Natsu

Natsu Celebrity Meeper

I'm very glad to hear that we are having a reset! Screw my losses, who cares about your town, everyone lost it, if it won't happen again then we are cool.

Ranks will stay, one town world, one economy, one community.

Bring meep back to what it once was. Yes, we are going to do it! Jobs are back, perks are back, hopefully boosters too, everyone gets an equal start.

Meep is taking a giant step towards the future with this, and I'm sure we will be successful.

Since I am addicted to meep, it would be cool if you can bring back minigames asap for us to start making money again before towny :) I'm tired of other servers meep is my home there is nothing more friendlier than this server.

Thank you for the honesty Klutch

EDIT: Long live Natsu Choice! Long live Boabycorp! Long live all corporations we will not die with towny data

flabbadoodle, qazini, RetroJo and 6 others like this.
  10. Garde7

Garde7 Popular Meeper

This made me inspired

BigDaddyJoseph, Natsu and Klitch like this.
  11. Klitch

Klitch

Well we are all working extremely hard to make the server ready, but an unexpected loss of of data means an unexpected level of work. We cannot give you a date atm.

xXAdotXx and Garde7 like this.
  12. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

Thats not even true lol
    where are you getting your facts, you are all over the place

13. Themooner023

Themooner023 New Meeper

When Will the server be re-opend?

14. Klitch

Klitch

What are you even talking about? Why would dig ourselves a deeper hole and reset the server with backups? Clearly some of you could find out about this without us telling you, so don't you think you would find out about that? Please stop spreading rumors.

15. Natsu

Natsu Celebrity Meeper

Cant we just open mini games? Is that possible?

16. Perryjay2

Perryjay2 Popular Meeper

If you cba to read this, it is just my opinion on the situation and what i think should happen next.

Ngl i've been hoping for a reset for.. a very long time, even though the introduction of gamma and a new currency half interested me, it never had the same feeling as a reset. New fresh start is what I like to hear, and to those annoyed about losing their stuff - it's a game, don't get too attached.

I honestly think taking more time to get the server up but getting everything perfect the way the majority of the community would like it, as appose to rushing to get the server back up and leaving loose ends. Whether that be questions about /warp shop, plugins, which pre-EULA donation perks we get, whether or not spawners will be allowed, towny prices etc.. People who have been around for a while (like pre CreultyGaming - probably a long time before) should have more time to give their opinions as they have been here the longest and have seen what was a part of meep in it's best times, and worst time. (I'm certainly not counting myself as one of the oldest, but i've been around for coming up to a good 4 years, so have some sort of knowledge))
    Personally, I like the idea of focusing solely on being a towny/economy server. Not bothering about minigames and all that jazz. Towny, Wild, Spawn and possibly parkour are the only aspects I think should be considered at the current time. /Fly should be allowed, along with optional /feed, /heal, and other commands that I can't currently remember. Honestly, i've been enjoying the removal of /fix, and although it was a big elite perk, it's made the game more enjoyable; and having non mineable spawners has also made enchanting more of a challenge - I think this should remain, however maybe allowing buyable spawners from /warp shop is an option (for a significant price), so that it is something more desirable and special to posses. Speaking of /warp shop and prices, I think /warp shop definately should be a thing, however the prices should be monitored and changed to match how the economy is working. In terms of pricing, Towns should definately be more expensive, not just something that I can buy to have just me in. The question of something big to replace this, and whether or not mending will be enabled, is also something to think about. (Villager trading/breeding, which auto farms are nerfd / allowed are also things to consider. And of course dicing, as that is my favourite thing to do <3)

In some ways i'm annoyed that this will keep me playing, as I truly dislike minecraft as a game. But I've always enjoyed playing games where A: I can talk to people, and B: there is money involved (an economy). So I probably will be spending more time playing :)

Thanks for reading
    -Perryjay / Perrehjay

(p.s, this is longer than my staff apps were >.<. I also apologies for any grammatical errors)

17. the_sexy_ninja

the_sexy_ninja Popular Meeper

A reset was definitely needed, the server was all over the place with 3 towny worlds. A single towny world would not only be easier for existing players (2 currencies was hard to handle), but also for new players to understand. Not to mention, when Meep was reset in July 2013 ,post-crueltygaming era, many players started to play more as there was finally a challenge again, which I will be looking forward to. I haven't really played in over a year so this reset comes at a very good time for me :p

(lowkey sad tho bc i made 200k off a *suspected* duper the day before the server died)

BooBear1227, Perryjay2 and Klitch like this.
  18. evilalec555

evilalec555 Celebrity Meeper

Lol what a new years prank rip meep

19. 00000

00000 Guest

Duping won't be allowed in the new server either

Muunkee and Natsu like this.
  20. tornado307

tornado307 Popular Meeper

im not but fuzzlr said that theres backups but none of them are recent
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 3, 2017, Original Post Date: Jan 3, 2017 ---
    quoted