1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Best Posts in Thread: No Words.

1. KlutchDecals

KlutchDecals The Real Ironman Elder

Hello Meepcraft.

I really have no starting point so I may just jump right in.

A few days ago, our security was breached and we lost valuable information relating to the server. The entire database which keeps all the information about players was deleted. An (Unmamed) developers SSH key was found to have deleted them. After discussing the events with the developer, they claim it was not them that deleted the files, meaning it is a lie, or someone gained access to their information. Regardless of who it was, I have the displeasure of telling you that because of someones actions, we have to completely reset Meep.

With this news being as heart breaking as it is, we are going to need everyone to pull together. I know its not how we wanted to start 2017, but we are left no choice. We are taking this unfortunate circumstance to redo everything YOUR way. You have all asked us to go back to being EULA compliant, focus on towny, and re-balance the economy. With the re-opening of Meep, The long awaited jobs plugin will be released along with Mcmmo, and multiple updates to plugins we were afraid to touch before. This mean many bugs will no longer be an issue.

Along with these updates, The staff team is being redone as well. Many of the rules will be made clearer, many punishments will be lessened, and many of the ways we do things are being revamped. I want to meet with as many of you as possible to go over suggestions for community-staff relations. I may do another stream to talk to all of you more personally and get the ideas in the correct order.

Its easy to focus on the bad but I urge you all to look towards the future. We love you all.

All forms of negativity, discouragement, and toxicity will be removed from this thread.

Adrian, OKNEM, iKitten and 47 others like this.
  2. Fuzzlr

Fuzzlr Owner Staff Member Owner

Players will keep their ranks and in addition to this we are planning to restore many of the original perks that you paid for.

3. KlutchDecals

All towny information was deleted. We will be going to one town.

4. Sirrr_Pig

Sirrr_Pig Bacon

If you need help with anything Sirrr_Pig is around as well.

5. Fuzzlr

Fuzzlr Owner Staff Member Owner

As @Deljikho explained, the recent tech failure and the EULA issue are isolated and are not related in any way. The timing between both events is coincidental.

We do have backups of the system but the last backup was not recent enough for us to resume gameplay. We are going to make backups more frequent in the update. Thanks for your understanding!

6. KlutchDecals

When I made the title I thought "which one of these punks is gunna do it. . ."
    You win. Hahahaha

7. Kabixi

Kabixi Popular Meeper

IM BACK BABY!

8. Silver01

Silver01 Celebrity Meeper

Thread called "No Words"

Post has 318 words

I feel lied to

Ok back into hiding from forums

9. shains

shains never stop fighting

people really don't want to read this thread

tl;dr:
    • ranks are fine and staying
    • it is unclear what perks are staying
    • no one knows when the server will be ready
    • they are putting their focus towards towny and not minigames at the moment
    • there will only be one towns world
    • this has nothing to do with the recent blacklisting
    • klutch is going to be paying for backup plans out of his own pocket to ensure this never happens again
    • the server is not open to the public, that's why there are limited people online helping rebuild it
    • bans will be lifted with the reset
    • mcmmo/jobs, bug fixes, rule adjustments, less punishments, taking suggestions

Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
  10. KlutchDecals

Your donation is long gone. We have been negative for months. Please dont be rude and tell us how to spend donations. Techs cost a very large amount of money.

With that said, we will be having daily backups as ill pay for them myself. Please relax, and stay positive. Telling us were doing it wrong does not encourage anyone.

xXAdotXx, Khafra, Muunkee and 9 others like this.
  11. kyle_docherty7

kyle_docherty7 Popular Meeper

kdocherty7 could have stopped this.

EDIT: do another town hall plz I love those

Last edited: Jan 2, 2017
  12. shains

shains never stop fighting

I am hoping buycraft still has all the info, I'm fairly certain that's where all the info was stored.

I am excited for a new start, good luck to all the staff cleaning this up. If you need help, I'm around.

13. KlutchDecals

Someone deleting the files will NEVER. EVER. Happen again.

14. Courtneyyy

Courtneyyy Admin Princess Staff Member Helper Media Elder

I feel like this might be a blessing in disguise and although it sucks and they tried to harm us we will come out on top and be 100% better! I look forward to all the amazing things to come and we appreciate every single one of you old and new meepers! By the "few" comments on this post it's already bringing us closer the positivity and willingness to help us out is amazing so thank you. We wouldn't be able to move forward without you guys thanks for being so awesome and being a big ole family!

15. Khafra

Khafra Celebrity Meeper

Thanks for informing the community on what had happened.

I'll enjoy starting from an equal playing ground again, after not playing for 3 months, I'd really fallen behind. To everyone who's mad just realize this: it's MineCraft - get over it. Only thing I disagree with is this
    You've seen the amount of donations coming from donating from perks. That helps the server grow, one maybe two players not being able to log in, or too lazy to download SquidHQ won't hurt. Four people had either paid for ultimate or had someone buy it for them. That in itself is more donations than in the last two months alone.
    Can you explain how this will work please? I thought McMMO was jobs?

---
    My post had no intention of being toxic or negative, thanks for this thread.

Also, is alpha and beta gone or is it just Gamma?

FunGUY, cooey, MoonlitMadness and 8 others like this.
  16. BigDaddyJoseph

BigDaddyJoseph Celebrity Meeper

Hey Staff. Thanks for all you do for the server. I do hope that the full staff compliment will return and stay with us as staff. We have a group of excellent and dedicated "volunteers" who help run this show, and without them, there would be no Meep. Thank you again guys and looking forward to seeing you soon.....

17. BigDaddyJoseph

BigDaddyJoseph Celebrity Meeper

Well... bye bye to the past..... I am trying not to think of the work done to build.rebuild.and then rebuild /pwarp mc. and the cost involved, not to mention the thousand plus spawners I still had back in alpha, the 15 million saved in gold blocks.... and the 75 million we had in our town bank of shainville, the million I had here in Shroomville, etc.....

Ok, I have lost probably as much as anyone on here, but I will say that this is probably the best of all bad outcomes. The alpha and beta worlds were badly out of date. The gamma world was good, but started off inconsistent with the spawn shop, then no spawn shop, and so forth, allowing unbalances in the economy.

If this is handled correctly, this will turn out for the best. It would be helpful if the community will come together and work together to rebuild this great server.

Just my 2 cents.....

I look forward to breaking ground on my new town soon.....

See you there.

Joseph
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 2, 2017, Original Post Date: Jan 2, 2017 ---
    As an addendum to above, are we still going to have our ranks and perks? I was really getting used to having Fly again...

18. Lady_Hestia

Lady_Hestia Retro, Dance, Freak

This makes me so sad but i know that we can pull together. And if I can ever do anything to help you know where to find me. =)

iKitten, cooey, FunGUY and 7 others like this.
  19. Kling

Kling Break blocks not hearts

The staff team can never win. Even when we are outright truthful to players since we get the whole lip about transparency some still have their ideas on ''what's really going on.''

20. Natsu

Natsu Celebrity Meeper

I'm very glad to hear that we are having a reset! Screw my losses, who cares about your town, everyone lost it, if it won't happen again then we are cool.

Ranks will stay, one town world, one economy, one community.

Bring meep back to what it once was. Yes, we are going to do it! Jobs are back, perks are back, hopefully boosters too, everyone gets an equal start.

Meep is taking a giant step towards the future with this, and I'm sure we will be successful.

Since I am addicted to meep, it would be cool if you can bring back minigames asap for us to start making money again before towny :) I'm tired of other servers meep is my home there is nothing more friendlier than this server.

Thank you for the honesty Klutch

EDIT: Long live Natsu Choice! Long live Boabycorp! Long live all corporations we will not die with towny data

flabbadoodle, qazini, RetroJo and 6 others like this.