1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Nice one staff! (RANT)

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Iatemyfriends, Jan 2, 2016.

1. Iatemyfriends

Iatemyfriends Supreme Leader

VERY VERY LONG RANT IF YOU DON'T WANT TO READ MY REALLY SLOPPY POINTS JUST READ THE TL;DR!

Have any of you ever applied? If yes you would know the feeling of waiting a long time for your appeal to get
    accepted or denied. Same with ban appeals, but ban appeals aren't as bad. You wait like 1-2 weeks for your staff app to get accepted or denied, right? Imagine waiting 3-4 weeks, wouldn't that suck? But what really sucks is waiting 10 weeks. 10 whole weeks for staff to ACCEPT OR DENY it. I can't get over the fact that THERE ARE MEDIA APPLICATIONS THAT HAVE BEEN UP FOR 10 WEEKS! This is absolutely ridiculous. You don't need 10 weeks to accept or deny someone for any reason. Chances are these people don't even play now, 10 weeks is an incredibly long time to wait for someone to say "We want to interview you". I don't even understand HOW you could keep an application up for 10 weeks without accepting or denying, like I just don't get it. Maybe the staff isn't on to do it? Then get some active staff who are willing to look at something after 7-21 days. 21 days is a long time even. But there's a media app that has been up for 70+ days.

TL;DR: Staff you need to look at media applications and not leave them up for 70+ days. Thanks.

P.S: I'm very sorry for the really long paragraph, I could have broke it down into a few paragraphs but I'm very lazy, but at least I don't leave applications up for 70 days right?
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 2, 2016, Original Post Date: Jan 2, 2016 ---
    [​IMG]

White Mamba, 417Luigi, cooey and 6 others like this.
  2. Dockson

Dockson Celebrity Meeper

One does not need to have a "Media" title in front of his name to produce content for Meepcraft.
    One does need a "Helper" title to do moderation work on Meepcraft properly.

That's why media applications are not a priority.

EDIT: If you want further argumentation, search no more:

Let's say I am interested in becoming a Media guy for Meepcraft. That should mean I enjoy working with media related stuff - creating videos mostly. Do I need to get a title of acknowledgment to do my hobby? To contribute to Meepcraft? Not really, it gives me no additional tools. The thing that looks bad is not the applications itself sitting a long time in a queue, it's the applicants doing nothing in the meanwhile. Why don't the people ask around, whether there is something they can do?

On the other hand, a helper without Prism is as good as non existent. He needs permissions to do what he applied to do.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2016
  3. Iatemyfriends

That's not an excuse to not reply to it and leave it up for 70 days at all... if that's the case just get rid of the media position all together.

LionWaffles likes this.
  4. Dockson

Dockson Celebrity Meeper

5. Iatemyfriends

My comments are in RED.

We always leave staff applications open and you can apply for staff at any time! This however does not mean that we are always looking
    to add to the current team. This does make sense, but all you need to do is say "we're not looking for new staff members at this time, sorry! We'll let you know when we are in need."
    The staff team can’t be an unlimited size which means we are not always able to decide on open applications as soon as they arrive, it also means that once your application is approved and moved to the interview thread that it will not always be scheduled for interview right away. It's understandable that they can't decide on the application right away, but 70+ days is way too long. They haven't even gotten a response from staff explaining why it's taking so long.
    We still want you to apply if you feel you are ready and able to join the staff team as this gives the server a list of possible staff if the need arises. People are always welcome to apply which is great, but if the staff team is full, they should just deny the people and tell them that they should apply when they need new staff members.
    I am only writing this so if your application has sat awhile in either application stage or interview stage you do not get discouraged that it has not been completed yet and so you don't ask daily for the interview to be done. This part is good.
    We value your application and your drive to join the staff team and us having the applications open year round gives us a list of applicants for when the time comes that we need to add staff to the team so we are not forced to make last minute decisions. There's one person in media that I know of (Bluapol), so media shouldn't be full. If they only need one they could have denied it, perhaps 2 months back when they were fresh but then let them know when they need more for media.
    Most of you know that as with any staff there is a turn over and very often we are in need of adding great new members to the team. Makes sense, but don't leave them sitting without a response for 70 days.
    This post does not mean that we are not currently looking to add to the team I just wanted to put this out there so players with applications in or players in interview status do not get disappointed at the wait.
    Done.

cooey and Pmx728 like this.
  6. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

tbh even just locking the apps and moving them to a 'pending' area would be nice.

The pending area would be for apps that would normally be accepted, but are not currently required.

Like if I applied (god forbid) and got accepted, but the staff team is currently too full to fully accept me, so they stick my app in pending until some people are demoted or resign, then the interview process and stuff happens.

7. LadyCassandra

LadyCassandra Rebel Angel Warrior | Sweet Baby Child

I'm sure staff are pondering about some things for the media team. How many do we need? What are they going to advertise? Will their videos ACTUALLY get people to join the server? What if we make a mistake? What perks do they get? There's probably not a whole ton yet set up for the media team, as it does not seem like it's a big issue for the server now. I agree, these shouldn't be left so long unattended, but I'm sure staff have their reasons. You can ask staff why it's taking so long, but there really isn't a point to go on a full to rant being angry at them if you don't know all the details.

That sounds good.

Honestly this isn't a really long paragraph. I know you're saying that because it took a really long time to type it (probably) but I've typed stuff much longer than that to know that typing for a long time doesn't mean that your paragraph comes out big. Then again, I guess it varies from person to person on how much the type on average.

Cherrykit, evilalec555 and Pmx728 like this.
  8. CyborgZeroX

CyborgZeroX -=Retired Staff Member=- Elder

Media rank apps are done by the admins and only by them, We are aware they are still up.

9. Toostenheimer

Toostenheimer Legendary Meeper

^ and you're aware that there's only three admins in the staff team?

smk, LadyCassandra, 417Luigi and 3 others like this.
  10. CyborgZeroX

CyborgZeroX -=Retired Staff Member=- Elder

I am aware that are 3.

11. Toostenheimer

(that was to iate)

LadyCassandra likes this.
  12. IGotBored

IGotBored Celebrity Meeper

13. Miku

Miku One Hell of a Miku Staff Member Mod

Smh, blames the whole staff team for not looking at media applications. We don't need medias right now, therefore they aren't going to be reviewed. They can wait, it's quite simple actually. Yeah its been in there for nearly 3 months, ok? We're not going to deny someone just because we don't need them right now, the application will stay there until we need another media, Same goes for accepting, we aren't accepting someone just because there app has been there along time. THEN we will skim over them and look to see if they can handle the position.

14. triscope

triscope Celebrity Meeper

maybe some good ol scatman john will cheer ye up
    v

Dockson likes this.
  15. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

What about something like this? That way they are still 'accepted' in a sense, and they are out of the way.

junelawnchaired likes this.
  16. shains

shains never stop fighting

Thanks for your concern and suggestions. The issue inherently with the media applications is that we failed to define the position when we began and were overwhelmed with what criteria we needed. They were never a priority for this reason. With the acceptance of Bluapol and generated content by Bluapol we were able to start to define the position as well as set standards. Coincidentally, we have discussed each applicant between yesterday and today and should be done with the current ones within the next few days.

LadyCassandra likes this.
  17. Toostenheimer

did you draw that, it looks so beautiful

18. IGotBored

IGotBored Celebrity Meeper

i did not