1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

New Spawn Grand Opening

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Fuzzlr, Dec 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpongeyStar

SpongeyStar Professor in Wumbology

Since I barely see anyone in spleef, you should add something more exciting than just layers to it. Maybe you could use rank multipliers there if not already, or make it so each time you win a spleef game you get more money each time you win the next game?

If you don't get it I can explain better
    I'm no good at explaining things
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 22, 2015, Original Post Date: Dec 22, 2015 ---
    It came yesterday or the day before, this is just a thread talking about it.

2. Klitch

Klitch

Awesome work Fuzzlr and to the rest of the team as well.

3. evilalec555

evilalec555 Celebrity Meeper

In my mind these are all very necessary components of spawn

CrazyYoungBro likes this.
  4. Acetricx

Acetricx Popular Meeper

#bringbackmeep2012spawn

Landonator419 likes this.
  5. n00bslayer_99

n00bslayer_99 i like kebab

You're telling me, that an already empty-most-of-the-time spleef, now has 3 arenas?

6. Dockson

Dockson Celebrity Meeper

Another issue I want to address is the Donator Lounge.

It is listed as a perk of donating. Now, don't get me wrong, an enchanting/crafting table, anvil and a confusing room does not seem 'that' bad, but the lack of any real features is a bit concerning for what it is supposed to be - a benefit for the donators.

I take it that the big circular room above the Lounge, which I don't have permissions to enter, will have a purpose in the future and possibly discard my concerns, nevertheless I would like to see more features in the donators hub.

Idea: Make a daily claimable reward in the Donator Lounge, bound to a player, determined by the player's rank.
    Of course a balance would have to be found between the reward being useless (read lame) and way too much (read OP).
    Example: A VIP player could claim a gold block once per day, a Premium player 10 iron blocks daily... whatever really. I am just presenting an idea not suggesting what 'should' be given as a reward.
    Not only would that give a purpose to the Lounge, it would be a neat psychological tool of making players want to return to the game on a daily basis.

7. KyloMeep

KyloMeep Mipha's Grace

Think of the lounge from a citizens point of view. They have just joined and they are looking to donate. The portals, ender chests and anvils is a big win for them as they wont have the resources for them or the money to buy them. It is a bonus point for the citizens who have just joined and are willing to donate. Also, if they have just joined and donated, we don't want to give them a massive advantage of a start over the others as that would really not be very fair to the citizens.

8. Dockson

Dockson Celebrity Meeper

First off, if someone just joined the server, they won't arrive at the Donator Lounge, obviously.
    Secondly, I doubt there is any sane person, who would join a new server and donate right away. It usually takes a few days/weeks, after which players most likely have the resources to make their own anvils and what not.
    Lastly, the whole point of donating is to get an advantage over the regular players, so I am not sure what your point is.

P.S.: I mentioned a balance between the rewards given out. Where are you coming from calling 1 gold block per day a "massive advantage"?

Splendy, metr0n0me and n00bslayer_99 like this.
  9. KyloMeep

KyloMeep Mipha's Grace

I'm on about not working for enchantments or working to get to the end/nether as there is no point building portals or finding them when they are just handed to you when you are a donator. Yes, it comes at a price but you don't exactly have to work for them. In a newbies eyes, that is a massive advantage to those who can't donate. So, just be happy with what you've got or go and buy some resources. You should be able to afford them.

10. LIAHKIM55

LIAHKIM55 Popular Meeper

What is the theme?

11. n00bslayer_99

Whether or not he can afford to "Go and buy resources" has nothing to do with the point y4cky is making; that he donated to this server expecting perks and a donator lounge, and while yes, it's there, it's useless.

metr0n0me and Dockson like this.
  12. Dockson

Dockson Celebrity Meeper

According to the builder "Hydraxus" - Futuristic.

(his Twitter: https://twitter.com/hydraxus )

LIAHKIM55 likes this.
  13. LIAHKIM55

LIAHKIM55 Popular Meeper

14. kwagscraft

kwagscraft Celebrity Meeper

The spawn isn't what causes low retainability of new players.

SpongeyStar likes this.
  15. Dockson

Dockson Celebrity Meeper

Of course it's not. It contributes to in a significant way.

SpongeyStar and metr0n0me like this.
  16. KyloMeep

KyloMeep Mipha's Grace

What do you suggest they put in it?

17. fasehed

fasehed Celebrity Meeper

I love the new spawn, other than the 2013 one this is probably the best one :D (the 2013 spawn that was used in the OFFICIAL trailer)

18. Robocodo

Robocodo Well-Known Meeper

No offence to Hydraxus, But the new spawn has too mush white. and lacks the ability to have some of the stuff the old spawn had.
    The details are nice though.

metr0n0me likes this.
  19. n00bslayer_99

^^

KyloMeep and Dockson like this.
  20. Bluapol

Bluapol Media Team Meeper

Really comfortable spawn imo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.