1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Best Posts in Thread: New Spawn Grand Opening

1. Fuzzlr

Fuzzlr Owner Staff Member Owner

slider.png

We are happy to announce the opening of a new spawn. We've designed the spawn with navigation and simplicity as core priorities.

Answering a Design Problem
    In our previous spawn, the main spawn point was located far away from main attractions. There was little to no attention given to the placement of each part of the spawn. The new world is designed with placement as the primary focus. Each venue: Spleef, Parkour, Airship, Bank, Shop and Library have been positioned with equal distances to the main spawn point. The new spawn is the new solid foundation we can use to build a vibrant community center for MeepCraft. For players getting used to the new setup, we've recently added a variety of different navigational indicators and messages.

Increased Viewing Distance
    We've decided to increase the viewing distance so that players will be able to have an optional greater view of spawn. To tweak these settings yourself, you can go to Minecraft settings and change the chunk rendering option. Because of the confusion with players that have not properly configured their viewing distance complaining about lag, we have not yet decided whether the increased viewing distance is temporary or permanent.

Contemporary Aesthetic
    One of the major characteristics of the new spawn is the new contemporary aesthetic. This design was chosen because it is more reminiscent of MeepCraft's original spawn style, and also introduces concepts of minimalism and simplicity to the design of spawn. We wanted to be underwhelming with detail so that both old and new players are not confused by intricacies, but at the same time have a distinct sense of style, wholeness, and minimalism.

We've heard your concern about the spawn lacking color and underdeveloped interior design. The spawn we've released is designed to be the minimum foundation for great aesthetic improvements that will develop over time. Interior design was not the primary focus, but it will be as the spawn matures and more decisions are made regarding the purpose of its individual parts.

New Amenities:
    • 1-Layer, 2-Layer and 3-Layer Spleef
    • Various jump pads to expedite travel, including an Airship jump pad (More coming soon)
    • Venues are now equidistant to spawn point
    • Rank info room (Under construction)
    • Separate staff/donator lounge building
    Some Proposed Amenities:
    This list includes just some of the features we are planning!
    • MeepClub
    • Waterpark
    • Improved navigation and removal of unnecessary alternate paths
    • Improved bank
    • Administrator Statues
    • Improved interior aesthetics, including the addition of accenting color to areas that are lacking
    We have worked very hard to deliver this new experience and we hope that you will take advantage of all the features the new spawn offer and will offer in the future. I am so excited and hyped to see how MeepCraft will develop with this new foundation and I hope you are too!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2015
  2. Fuzzlr

Fuzzlr Owner Staff Member Owner

3. Dockson

Dockson Celebrity Meeper

Excuse me being blunt here, but the biggest flaw in the new Spawn I personally see is the dullness of the main spawn Hub.

From the viewpoint of a newcomer, this Hub has little to offer to maintain atleast some retainability of new players. Not only is it a monotone area with a bunch of portals and text spread around in a circle, despite your intentions of making it a simple and easy to navigate spawn, it does not feel like one. Again, my personal opinion, I am open to discussion.

Nowadays, a lot of servers look alike, offer the same gamemodes, follow the same structures. If I were a player searching for a server to actively play on for a while, I would most likely not choose to settle on this one, due to the spawn Hub.

Why was the old Spawn's Hub better? Well that is an easy to answer Question. It had appealing aesthetics. Having a Castle with "Sandbox" written over it, a zombie with a sword with the text "Minigames", etc. is far more catching than a 1 box portal with a floating text.

Tl.dr.: The new Spawn Hub is not appealing and has in my opinion very low retainability of new players.

Muunkee, metr0n0me, cooey and 5 others like this.
  4. Dockson

Dockson Celebrity Meeper

Another issue I want to address is the Donator Lounge.

It is listed as a perk of donating. Now, don't get me wrong, an enchanting/crafting table, anvil and a confusing room does not seem 'that' bad, but the lack of any real features is a bit concerning for what it is supposed to be - a benefit for the donators.

I take it that the big circular room above the Lounge, which I don't have permissions to enter, will have a purpose in the future and possibly discard my concerns, nevertheless I would like to see more features in the donators hub.

Idea: Make a daily claimable reward in the Donator Lounge, bound to a player, determined by the player's rank.
    Of course a balance would have to be found between the reward being useless (read lame) and way too much (read OP).
    Example: A VIP player could claim a gold block once per day, a Premium player 10 iron blocks daily... whatever really. I am just presenting an idea not suggesting what 'should' be given as a reward.
    Not only would that give a purpose to the Lounge, it would be a neat psychological tool of making players want to return to the game on a daily basis.

5. n00bslayer_99

n00bslayer_99 i like kebab

You're telling me, that an already empty-most-of-the-time spleef, now has 3 arenas?

6. SpongeyStar

SpongeyStar Professor in Wumbology

My opinion is that this new 'hub' is starting to look like many other servers I've seen. Sure, it's good for change and it looks excellent, but the previous spawn stood out more as MEEPCRAFT the unique server, not all the other mainstream servers.

Still, great job!

7. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

This is good and well and all, but everything is still far away and gives new players 0 indication of where to go.
    It doesn't simple lack color. That's not the only problem. It's so white it hurts people's eyes. It's so plain anyone could make something similar, and maybe even of higher quality. It looks dumb.

I haven't seen more than 3-4 people playing spleef at one time unless it was being advertised that the winner would get a higher prize, or id an s-mod + advertised it.
    Was making 3 arenas really needed?

It's not good. It's sad.

Splendy, Hobbs509, metr0n0me and 2 others like this.
  8. XxNine_TailsxX

XxNine_TailsxX Legendary Meeper

Pretty sure everything is still far away

Splendy, Hobbs509, sicklynerd and 2 others like this.
  9. Llamazon

Llamazon Celebrity Meeper

Regarding everyone saying "It doesn't look like 'Meepcraft'":
    I don't like the futuristic theme either. It is still an amazing work of architecture and obviously took a lot of laboring to build. I appreciate that. But consider the following:
    Truth is, every time there's a new terrarium, or spawn, or hub, everyone will hate it. Then, when the next one comes back, everyone will say "OMG WHERE'S OLD SPAWN I HATE THIS ONE". It has happened with the past 3 spawns, and it will continue to happen.

10. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

It made perfect sense in the last one until you closed off the major areas where the portals were.

There was an area for minigames, an area for wild and stuff, and an area for towns. Then if you when behind spawn, there was a PvP arena, a bank, a club, and various other things. None of which were hard to find or get to.