1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

New MeepCraft Spawn

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Fuzzlr, Oct 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fuzzlr

Fuzzlr Owner Staff Member Owner

[​IMG]

Today we released the new MeepCraft spawn. One of the goals of the new spawn is to make traveling faster and more convenient for players. We prioritized the parts of the old spawn that we felt were most important to players. Central facilities are now located around a central area (centrum), and portals to each world are arranged around the main spawn point. Take a few moments to familiarize yourself the new setup.

The new spawn also makes it easier for new players to start playing the game. It is now easier to locate and play minigames with the new in-spawn lobby system. The minigame lobby automatically hides players near the panels in order to ensure that players have no difficulty joining and finding games. In order to bring attention to the economy part of the game, we positioned the Towns and Wilderness worlds as primary portals to the left and right of the spawn point.

The Centrum includes all the activities that revolve around the economy community. Around the it you will find the bank, parkour hub, and the Centrum arena. Underneath the Centrum there are special shops for both citizens and donators. There is also a hidden parkour course that wraps around the main spawn building, beginning at the parkour hub. The staff and donator lounges are positioned on both sides of the Centrum arena.

By constructing two central points in the spawn we are able to more efficiently serve the needs of a larger MeepCraft community. The spawn construction however, isn't done yet. We are still in the process of rebuilding the landscaping around the main spawn point, changing several features in the terrarium, improving the staff and donator lounges, and adding more functionality and features to the spawn. Thank you for supporting us in our ongoing effort to improve the gaming experience.

2. VKL_ReWinDzz

VKL_ReWinDzz Guest

#First

blackphantom2216 likes this.
  3. joe_schmoe_1216

joe_schmoe_1216 Celebrity Meeper

4. Coelho

Coelho Onis_Luck Elder

:)

Lady_Hestia likes this.
  5. joe_schmoe_1216

6. Highlanders3Ruth

Highlanders3Ruth Popular Meeper

Yes! A new spawn, everybody don't worry about it because its new. It is very nice and not that complicated. Congratz on the new spawn Fuzzlr! :D

7. RossCoombs

RossCoombs Popular Meeper

Noobs^

Yay new spawn, it's alright. We'll all get used to it, just like the old one. We all had our few days of hating it and not knowing what to do, it'll be awesome! :D
    Great job Mr. Architect.
    Although yeah it's a bit bland. Needs more colour!

snowleopard16 and HenAld like this.
  8. BlackJack

BlackJack Celebrity Meeper

Loving the new spawn.

NorthernLights17 likes this.
  9. _masterdude_

_masterdude_ Popular Meeper

10. joe_schmoe_1216

I LOVE the new spawn!!!

11. Nager2012

Nager2012 Popular Meeper

I'm just going to wait for HotAsianBeans to post complaining about Centrum.

*Dangles legs of wall*

12. Tom Donnelly (Tomrex1221)

Tom Donnelly (Tomrex1221) Guest

Arena is lacking. However that really wasn't the main priority and people like myself will always find a way to complain no matter what is fixed.

An issue I have to address though is spawn is semi hard to navigate, this may have to do with just being used to old things but I'm finding it harder to walk around spawn. Also it's a tad bland, however as I always say about cooking, "it doesn't matter how the final product looks long as it tastes good." Long as it functions well (prob have bugs to fix since pressure) I bet it'll be fine for the months to come.

13. fetch3000rules

fetch3000rules Popular Meeper

I do like it but agree the spawn is a bit bland

14. Grandblue

Grandblue Celebrity Meeper

Eh... needs portals like old one. Also, the towns and wild one need tweaks to look more like this one. No gravel D:<

chris_is_crazy likes this.
  15. Snuffles

Snuffles Well-Known Meeper

Lags like a lag machine surrounded by lag machines.... its bad I won't even go to the shop because of the lag... previous spawn didnt lag like this at all...

Draqq and chris_is_crazy like this.
  16. Grandblue

Also, you would think it lags more due to signs appearing late...

17. Snuffles

Snuffles Well-Known Meeper

Thats not the lag im talking about something is causing horrible FPS drop in spawn almost like theres a bunch of entities laying around somewhere. By bunch I mean >5000 as I learned yesterday that my computer is perfectly fine with 5000 non-stacking items laying on the ground

18. Grandblue

>5000 = Less than 5000

You mean <5000?

Also, trust me, it is the signs.

19. nasapc123

nasapc123 Popular Meeper

You're wrong.

Supershot1200 likes this.
  20. Grandblue

:( then what is it? Do not just say I am wrong.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.