1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Accepted Neonrain Unban Request

Discussion in 'Ban and Mute Appeals Archive' started by NeonRain, Mar 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NeonRain

NeonRain Well-Known Meeper

IGN (In-Game Name): NeonRain
    Date/Time: March 20, 2014 1:17 AM CST
    Reason: "ref"
    Ban Length: 7 Days
    Staff Member: TogsTheWolfGirl
    Why we should consider your appeal:

Immediately prior to my banning, a player had said in chat, "pussy." From that, a staff member on at the time kicked the individual for "ref," which I'm postulating is Sexual Reference. Please forgive me if this is incorrect; it's extremely difficult to decipher without further context.

Another player had mentioned that "ref" warranted a 7 day ban, not a kick. At this notion, I was quite surprised. Aiming to confirm the punishment set for this rule, I inquired, verbatim, "7 days for saying pussy?" At this, I was instantly kicked, then when I returned to the server, I was banned for "ref."

Now I'm quite uncertain as to the conditions of my ban, but I'm assuming that it has to do with the fact that "pussy" is a forbidden word on the server. I meant no malice or harm, and I was simply intending to clarify the rule in order to assure that my behavior was within guidelines. I am deeply sympathetic to the need to keep strict enforcement of the rules, and so I wholeheartedly understand the tendency of staff members to take action without discussion or inquiry. Having been an admin for Minecraft and many games, this sort of situation is very familiar to me.

That being said, I would like to apologize for my behavior. I was ignorant of the manner in which the rules are managed, and so I did not understand that I was not allowed to inquire about whether "pussy" warranted a 7 day ban or not. In the future, I will make every effort to follow the rules without recourse. I hope you will take my humble apology into consideration.

2. TogsTheWolfGirl

TogsTheWolfGirl Popular Meeper

Totally cool with this being reduced to one day. However the commands aren't working for me.

3. NeonRain

NeonRain Well-Known Meeper

Hi Togs,

Thanks for responding to my thread.

As far as I'm aware, there's no ban reduction command for Essentials bans.

Is it that your permissions don't include /unban?

4. TogsTheWolfGirl

My perms don't include /unban -_-

5. TogsTheWolfGirl

Ban reduced to one day thanks to Jwarian :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.