1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

N00b's Building Tips!

Discussion in 'Unofficial Guides' started by n00bslayer_99, Jun 7, 2014.

1. n00bslayer_99

n00bslayer_99 i like kebab

Hello, I have a little secret that most don't know. I am a builder on mc! Yep, while on meep I only build for my own towns, and occasionally do small job here and there. I am ranked 'designer' on 1 server and 'builder' on 2 servers. One day I will show my work to Fuzz and hope for architect! yay! Anyway, below I have made some tips for people who are not particularly strong at building. enjoy!

General Tips

-Texture Packs to your liking can improve the way things look a lot!
    -Remember, you don't have to go for realism, let your imagination run wild onto Minecraft.
    -There aren't any physics in Minecraft, so don't hold back when building your creations!
    -Planning out your build makes it really easy and well put together in the end.
    -Symmetry can help make your creations look more neat and tidy but not everything has to be symmetrical.
    -It's easier if you know how or what you want to build so try and choose a theme to build around, like Defense, Luxury, Modern, Futuristic, Medieval, etc.
    -Before you start building know which blocks you will use, create a palette of blocks to build with as an artist chooses the paint they paint with. You should generally use about 3-5 blocks for the majority of the design.
    -Despite Minecraft being a game of blocks, you can also build many different shapes.
    -Location adds atmosphere, a wooden lodge just doesn't fit in a desert.
    -If you make structures more than 1 block thick you can make a different interior material and also use a different exterior.
    -You can use anything to build! Crafting benches, furnaces, especially even cake!
    -Use blocks in any way possible, slabs can create windows, stairs can make chairs.
    -Max out your space, bigger is better.
    -Remember, your structure looks smaller from the inside.
    -Exterior lighting is just as important as interior lighting.
    -Diagonal builds and curves contrast the blockiness of Minecraft, its a neat effect!
    -Switch up your materials!
    -Add in little details like flowers or trees, touch things up a bit.
    -Put glowstone behind your paintings. They are translucent and appear much brighter and more vivid with glowstone behind them.
    -Add frames around your windows. For example, if your walls are made of Planks, use raw wood to outline the windows.
    -Use different materials to make patterns!

Hope these quick tips help! I am currently working on something special in creative, and when I am unbanned would be more then glad to help out with some builds! ty for reading! :D

2. kevman967

kevman967 Popular Meeper

Real cool guide! Helped me a lot while building my mansion today.

n00bslayer_99 likes this.
  3. Ninja_of_Tempest

Ninja_of_Tempest Celebrity Meeper

-make sure to add dirt huts by your builds to make them look better

Queen Elsa likes this.
  4. Darke_Amethyst

Darke_Amethyst Legendary Meeper

I actually do most of these and i am just a budding builder, i have not had two block thick walls though.

Cherrykit likes this.
  5. Thee Boss

Thee Boss Celebrity Meeper

6. superbros1211

superbros1211 Most Popular Meeper

That's a cool guide!!

7. Queen Elsa

Queen Elsa Active Meeper

XD :D

8. blackphantom2216

blackphantom2216 Well-Known Meeper

make sure to make the whole thing ICE
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 27, 2014, Original Post Date: Jun 27, 2014 ---
    i made this how is this any tips? 2014-06-27_11.18.04.png

9. n00bslayer_99

n00bslayer_99 i like kebab

My first big tip would be to add stone brick stairs under the top, to make it look realistic and as if the stairs are actually supporting it. My next one would be to expand on it and make it much bigger, maybe a whole castle? My final tip would be colours. Add more.

10. blackphantom2216

blackphantom2216 Well-Known Meeper

it wasn't finished :)