1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

My Helper Application

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by LexKristen, Oct 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LexKristen

LexKristen Celebrity Meeper

In Game Name: LexKristen
    Teamspeak Username: LexKristen
    Mic use: Whenever it is necessary or when I am feeling sociable.
    Timezone: MST (-6)
    Hours online per weekday: 1-4 per day (fluctuates depending on when I have extensive amounts of schoolwork)
    Hours online per weekend: 3+ per day (fluctuates depending on what plans I have that weekend)
    Position Changes: Citizen (Supreme) to Helper

In advance I am apologizing for this rather lengthy application. I couldn’t simply get everything out in a short app. If you bare with me and read the entire application before leaving a response I will be very grateful!

Introduction:

Hello all!

I am assuming that most of you know me, but to those who don’t, I will take this time to introduce myself. My name is Alexandra, Lex, or LexKristen. Whatever you choose to call me is purely a matter of your preference. I am 14 years old, and I enjoy a plethora of activities. Although, my favorite thing to do in my free-time by far is to play guitar and bass guitar. I started playing when I was 12, and without music I would not be who I am today! As you can guess, another reason why I cherish my free-time is because that’s when I get to play Minecraft. I love the game and all, but I would definitely not be playing still if it weren’t for the MeepCraft community. You all make me very happy :). If I can remember correctly, my /res registration date was September 29th, 2012. This means that I have been playing MeepCraft for over a year, excluding some breaks that I took occasionally. Also, one of my guilty pleasures is watching anime. I always thought that it was quite weird, I never really had the urge to watch Japanese cartoons. Once I started watching it, my opinion was quickly changed I honestly could not get myself to stop. Currently I am really enjoying Clannad (thank you Erebus45 for the recommendation).

Why I should be Helper:

Now that you know a little more about me, I will move on to “why.” If you are an older player, you will recall the times when I was staff in early-mid 2013. I became trial-mod on February 22nd, and continued to be staff until sometime in late April, otherwise known as the Meep Revolution II. I worked up the ranks fairly quickly, and resigned 2 weeks after I had become a SuperMod. That was when “you-know-who” came into play, and I definitely was not willing to work with him any longer after a few weeks of seeing what he was all about.

As you can see, I have a great deal of experience in the field of moderating. I also am extremely familiar with towny commands, and information about the server. I had completed over 1000 modreqs in my staff term all to the best of my ability. Sure, I had a high number of modreqs completed. However, quantity is not as important as quality. When I claimed a one, I first made sure that I was capable of answering it. I also made sure that the player was 100% satisfied and did not have anymore questions! That was one of my top accomplishments as staff and the thing I prided myself at being one of the best at. Another quality that I believe makes me a great candidate for a member of the staff team is that I am very tolerant to all types of people. However, the “policy” that I go by is: if you are nice to me, I will be nice to you. Working well with somebody doesn’t only come from one person. Both people have to be willing and determined, and friendly with each other I might add. I am always willing to be friendly with you if you are willing to be friendly with me!

I am an extremely organized person as well. There has never been a time where I haven’t had ban proof when somebody appealed. I kept a folder on my computer with every single ban/tempban, and even sometimes kicks that I made. This helped me keep track of the players and how many times they had done something wrong under my watch so that I gave them the appropriate punishment. I don’t use bias when punishing players, because in my personal opinion everyone should be treated exactly the same.

Another thing to know about me is that I am a very straightforward and somewhat blunt person. If I see something happening that I do not agree with, I will speak up about it. This causes me to be very on top of the rules and strict about them.

Also, I am extremely easy to get a hold of on Skype. I accept mostly anybody that would like to add me, as long as you promise not to spam me. In my free-time I am usually available for calls. Regarding TS, it kind of weirds me out thinking about talking to people I’ve never talked to before. Whenever I do go on there though, I tend to listen instead of talk. My mic is perfectly functional, so I can talk whenever it is deemed necessary. I understand how TS works and all, so that is not a problem.

After I resigned in April was when I made some uncalled for and unacceptable decisions, which I will discuss next in the “weaknesses” category.

Weaknesses:

One of my weaknesses is that I tend to make hasty decisions without thinking about them very much. However, I have worked on this tremendously in the last few months. This is a perfect segue for the next thing I would like to talk about. My crime record is pretty small, but it is still existent. After I resigned from SuperMod, I still had creative mode. I decided to use it to my advantage for a couple days until I was caught and blacklisted from the server, along with a lot of my other friends. Let me clear a few things up before it becomes a deal breaker. Everybody makes mistakes, mine just happened to be a little bigger of a mistake than usual. I was not thinking very clearly at the time, which is where my “hasty decision making” weakness comes into play. Keep in mind that this happened over 6 months ago, and I have worked on this not-so-good quality about myself. The break that I took between August and the beginning of October definitely helped me remarkably as well. Also, think about the fact that I didn’t commit one crime prior to that, nor had the thought of breaking the rules ever crossed my mind. I was a “goody-two-shoes”, essentially. What I did was more of a “in the heat of the moment” type of deal. Which, don’t get me wrong, definitely doesn’t make what I did right. I understand that, but I also personally am asking for forgiveness, and want you to realize that it was one bad thing that I did in my months of being a helpful and harmless citizen of the community.

Conclusion:

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to read this application, I really appreciate it. I hope you can see the good qualities that I posses that will make me a valuable member of the Meep staff team. Also, if you are wondering why I applied this past July and was neither denied nor accepted, I decided that it was the time that I take a break. I respectively asked an admin to withdraw my application from the staff recruitment section. I needed to get ready for school and get my life “on track” per se. The break that I took was very much needed. A few people thought that I had been denied, and rage-quit, but that was not the case. There is nothing that bothers me more than when people get offended by others' honest opinions, and I am just not that type of person. I just thought I should clear that up! I am looking forward to reading your feedback.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2014
    A4TC, iiTzJDL, Dart_Knight and 7 others like this.
  2. Taha

Taha Well-Known Meeper

+1 Ive seen you ALOT in-game and on Forums, Extremely helpful and just generally a calm cool person!

LexKristen and Serphina91 like this.
  3. the_sexy_ninja

the_sexy_ninja Popular Meeper

tl;dr

+1

LexKristen likes this.
  4. ApplesFTW

ApplesFTW New Meeper

+1
    Has a lot of information/details.

LexKristen likes this.
  5. Coelho

Coelho Onis_Luck Elder

Awesome. +10

6. FluffbearRCT

FluffbearRCT Popular Meeper

You were an outstanding staff member before meepnetworks, and definitely could have handled even an administrator position if Cruelty had not kicked out the staff. You're really overqualified for helper. I don't see a reason why you wouldn't be accepted.

LexKristen and Serphina91 like this.
  7. Serphina91

Serphina91 Popular Meeper

Lexy baby, you really deserve staff :3 You're such an amazing person and you would be an amazing staff member! I wish you luck!

LexKristen likes this.
  8. chaos546

chaos546 Canadian Forums Stalker

+1, again, yoi have always been one of those people on this server that I have idolized. I would love to see.you on the staff team again.

LexKristen likes this.
  9. the_sexy_ninja

the_sexy_ninja Popular Meeper

Yet again I can tell you typed that from your phone xD

chaos546 likes this.
  10. BooBear1227

BooBear1227 Sunflower | Always

+1

+ Pointed out your weakness - which I see as not a weakness, but an improvement of your previous behavior.
    + Excellent mod and Super Mod in my early days. I think you answered about 5 of my moderator requests and answered them very well.
    + You are definitely over qualified for 'Helper.'
    + Not too long at all Lex; not too much, not too little, just perfect for you.
    + Very active in game.
    + Active on forums.

- I can't find a negative about you or your app Lex. Very well done.

11. james_Grimplin

james_Grimplin Popular Meeper

ermagerd!!! i loved you as a staff +100

LexKristen likes this.
  12. chirp1234

chirp1234 Celebrity Meeper

Gurl, please, get yo facts right! Yo should be applying for Admin! ://

Anyways, you are an outstanding player, you are a very qualified for this position, you are constantly helping people.

+1

13. LexKristen

LexKristen Celebrity Meeper

Thank you all so much for your feedback and kind words. I really appreciate it!

james_Grimplin likes this.
  14. Serphina91

Serphina91 Popular Meeper

How dare they not accept you yet! Pure torture ;-;

james_Grimplin likes this.
  15. XeStorm

XeStorm Popular Meeper

Yuuuuusssss, +1

16. Nager2012

Nager2012 Popular Meeper

HELL YEAH!
    +10

17. OrganicTurtles

OrganicTurtles Celebrity Meeper

18. DancingCactus

DancingCactus Legendary Meeper

[​IMG]

+0.95 (+0.05 if you shtap making fun on leagueeeeeeeeeee)

iiTzJDL, xxJ3R3MYxx, nhjed and 4 others like this.
  19. Mysteryperson13

Mysteryperson13 Popular Meeper

Pretty long application for one that is unnecessary to even read. +1

20. Yokosuka12

Yokosuka12 Popular Meeper

+1 experience
    -.5 lack of activity

LexKristen likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.