1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Multiple Party Chat Channels

Discussion in 'Denied' started by LordInateur, Oct 2, 2017.

?

Should it be possible to be a member of more than one Party Chat at a time?

1. Yes.

2. No.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. LordInateur

LordInateur Deus Ex Machina Staff Member Administrator

I put this suggestion here because I find it to be low-priority, and I'd like to get the opinions of the community. So, due to the work of @Vamp1re_Man we've rolled out the party chat plugin--essentially, you can create a "party" of people and have a private group chat. This is controlled with the commands /party and /pc. However, it is only possible at this point in time to have one chat at a time.

I think it'd be really cool to have multiple private group channels implemented. For instance, you could have one for your own group of PVP players, one for close friends on the server, one for your company (if you've built a company in MeepCraft), etc.

What do you all think of this?

2. TheTastyNacho

TheTastyNacho Celebrity Meeper

I have a question. Do parties delete after the party leader gets off for a certain amount of time?

3. LordInateur

LordInateur Deus Ex Machina Staff Member Administrator

I believe that parties currently permanent until the party leader explicitly deletes the party. Individuals can leave a party too.

SuperDyl likes this.
  4. TheTastyNacho

TheTastyNacho Celebrity Meeper

In that case, +1

SuperDyl likes this.
  5. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

so long as you set a limit on how many you can be in at one time. leader or otherwise. 3 channels would be busy but any more would be too much tbh

6. minepose98

minepose98 Celebrity Meeper

I don't see why not

SuperDyl likes this.
  7. Vamp1re_Man

Vamp1re_Man Celebrity Meeper

12 votes yes, you guys just giving me more work to do :p

8. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

Couldn't a person choose how many they want to participate in depending on how spammy they think the chat becomes?

SuperDyl and qazini like this.
  9. alex77034

alex77034 Hey baby, I hear the blues a-callin'

Honestly, I think this is a great addition for those who also want to talk about controversial topics or want to discuss group things.

SuperDyl and onceuponajano like this.
  10. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

Im more thinking about the mistakes that'll happen
    Cursing or sex refs or advertising or whatever in the wrong channel is gonna happen, limits on joining will minimize that issue

11. Courtneyyy

Courtneyyy Admin Princess Staff Member Helper Media Elder

I also think parties should expire after the creator logs off I don’t think they should be a perm thing. Every other game I’ve played on you create your party before hand.

onceuponajano likes this.
  12. alex77034

alex77034 Hey baby, I hear the blues a-callin'

The thing is though, those are mostly minigame servers. Usually, you make parties to play a game together for a bit and call it quits. A party here would make sense if permenant because it’s not a get together to do a temporary thing. Towns, skyblock, and creative are technically never ending gamemodes where you play for however long you want with your friends. Minigame servers are fast paced and fun centered where as servers like meepcraft are meant for a long lasting stay and community. Minigame servers are not necessarily for socializing.