1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Miner's Helper App

Discussion in 'Denied' started by nichola, Apr 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nichola

nichola New Meeper

in game name: mineralex140
    Skype use name: mineralex140.
    team speak user name: mineralex140.
    mic use: mineralex140
    timezone: auckland-wellton gmt:5:00
    hours online per weekday: 1 hour and a half.
    hours online per weekend: 6 hours.
    position changes: citizen to helper.
    introduction: hello i am mineralex140 and i am applying for helper i think this is a great server my faviote part about it is halo.
    why you should be helper/mod i should be helper i love to help other users and i want to really help the server and stop users that dont follow the rules.
    weaknesses: i dont have a weaknesses about being a staff.
    conclusion: i want to say this that i would love to help out the server because it is a great server i can make it better and i am a really kind guy. thanks

2. Sqreix

Sqreix Celebrity Meeper

-Who are you ?
    -Never seen you in game
    -Gratz on your 8th post !

KaiUsesThis likes this.
  3. Bob4444444

Bob4444444 Celebrity Meeper

•Not active on forums
    •Terrible app (sorry)
    •Never see you ingame or on ts
    •Young age
    Well good luck! ;)

4. Danrjik

Danrjik Active Meeper

I suggest you read the guide

5. Bob4444444

Bob4444444 Celebrity Meeper

6. Lysseal

Lysseal Popular Meeper

Don't be mean guys, he is just trying to be helpful to the community.

7. Lysseal

Lysseal Popular Meeper

I have OCD too, but I've learned to control who I aim it at. Aiming it at a 9 year old kid who may be a little over his/her head in what helper is, isn't good. No one is mad at you, just be a little bit nicer. Especially to new people who we want to stay in the meepcraft community. :)

Fangdragon1998 likes this.
  8. Fangdragon1998

Fangdragon1998 Queen of the Nubs, La Elite Dragoness, Kæri On!

Alright, I'll try to be nice @Lysseal ;)

Look, being a helper is a big responsibility. It means you have to moderate a very large number of people. You must be dedicated, hard-working, and helpful. I'm not saying that you aren't; however, you also need to prove it here, to this community.
    I don't know how to do bullet points, but I'll try something.
    Forum Activity:
    -Very low
    The forums are a big part of the community. Here we have polls, discussions, ban appeals and reports, Q and A's, suggestions, staff apps, and a lot of other across-timezone issues and discussions that the community talks about and decides on. By only having a few posts, it doesn't show us that you are up to date with what's going on in Meep, or a big part of the community.

Teamspeak Activity:
    -Unsure
    I can't say much about teamspeak; I'm not on it often myself. I suppose it's a place where people can hang out and chat in even if they aren't on meepcraft (in game). You can also hold skype-like calls there, or chat across servers without having to type out long messages. Either way, it's a great place to get to know more of the community. Try going on there if your parents will allow you.

In game activity:
    -Never seen you
    In game is obviously the most important part of the community - it's where we work, play, and have fun! I don't often see you on there or chatting much. Perhaps helping people in /shout or just participating in conversations more would help you become more integrated in the community.

Application:
    The application is one of the most important factors in determining a helper. I know someone who took almost two months to write their application, reviewing it every three days to find any mistakes in grammar, wording, or structure. They constantly tried to improve it not to make themselves sound better, but to display themselves more accurately.
    Your application was lacking, both in grammar (which, although I agree isn't necessary for a helper, is very good) and in content. It was very short, only a few sentences, meaning you really didn't take the time to look over this and really at least TRY. Saying you didn't have any weakness is also a lie. Nobody is perfect. Perhaps your age could be a weakness (not to be mistaken for immaturity, but if you are limited time-wise, or such), or maybe you are too immature, maybe cocky or you get upset easily, I don't really know, because you haven't really described yourself. You also have very generic reasons for becoming staff. I understand you want to help, but that does not make you a good candidate. You may not even know the commands (again, I don't know you, so I don't know if you do)!

All in all, if you really want to become helper, you should work toward becoming more active in the community, more helpful, and more dedicated.

KaiUsesThis likes this.
  9. KaiUsesThis

KaiUsesThis Celebrity Meeper

• Who are you?
    • App was bad
    • You need a weakness
    • Grammar?
    Work on those and you might become a better candidate for helper! :)

10. mrli1

mrli1 Popular Meeper

I'll try too to be nice @Lysseal
    So! Let's break down your Goodies and 'Baddies'.
    Good aspects:
    - You have made a slight appearance IG.
    (I can't say more because, well, look to the 'bad' section)
    Bad aspects:
    - Forums activity is very low.
    - I don't really know you from shout, because you don't shout too often.
    - App really needed to stand out from the others; This one was bland and short.

I'll have to go -1 for now. Please show me that you can become a very active member of the community on the forums, in shout, and on TS in order for me to raise my vote. Have a good day!

11. Lysseal

Lysseal Popular Meeper

I think you have potential, just not right now. But please, please don't give up. You are adorable. And don't EVER give up your loving for helping people, that is SUCH a wonderful thing to like. Meep on, friend. :)

12. MeepStats

MeepStats Legendary Member

Denied. Please review the constructive criticisms that the community has created above. If you choose to reapply, please wait two weeks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.