1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Minecraft Plugin Webinar?

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by LordInateur, Jul 21, 2017.

1. LordInateur

LordInateur Deus Ex Machina Staff Member Administrator

Hi everyone,

I'm thinking about possibly hosting some sort short webinar so that Meepers can learn how to code Minecraft plugins for Bukkit/Spigot. I think people would probably need a little experience in Java, but we'd be starting from the very beginning (so experience with Minecraft plugins wouldn't really be necessary). Anyone would be welcome. However, I really only want to do it if people are interested. So, if this is something that you'd be interested in, feel free to leave a comment below.

Shellcode and Natsu like this.
  2. PseudoGod

PseudoGod Celebrity Meeper

Are you doing this because you genuinely wish to do this, or because you're trying to get tech? Be honest.

3. LordInateur

LordInateur Deus Ex Machina Staff Member Administrator

Oh I'd probably do this anyways. I do this at my school all the time (but with other subjects like robotics, web development, and data science)... there's an organization called the Association for Computing Machinery that has student chapters, and I'm the chair of the student chapter at my university... so it's sort of what I do. Teach.

The problem is, there's not a whole lot of people at my university who like playing Minecraft, so it would be cool to teach some people who actually have a passion for it. But, this thread exists because I do not yet have a feel for the number of people who would like to code for it, as opposed to the number of people who just like to play the game.

I hope that answers your question.

4. SpongeyStar

SpongeyStar Professor in Wumbology

It would be cool to have this. I would be really interested because I could make better sense of what's actually possible for suggestions and how things actually work!

LordInateur likes this.
  5. Natsu

Natsu Celebrity Meeper

^ mee too :)

Just to note that Pseudo did his drop party to get a better chance of helper lmao I don't see a private in this at all. Inateur is already qualified for tech anyhow.

LordInateur likes this.