1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Metr0n0me's Helper Application

Discussion in 'Denied' started by metr0n0me, Nov 15, 2014.

1. metr0n0me

metr0n0me Legendary Meeper

In Game Name: Metr0n0me
    Skype (Yes/No): Yes/Metr0n0mes
    Teamspeak Username: Metr0n0me
    Mic use: Limited
    Timezone: UTC-8:00 (PST)
    Hours online per weekday: 3-5
    Hours online per weekend: 203
    Position Changes: Exclusive to Helper

Introduction:

Hello, I'm Mike, or as you know me, Metr0n0me. Before I begin, I'd like to tell you of my identity as a person. I've played the piano for 10 years, and I've been fortunate to win some competitions and such. I love to read, especially fantasy series such as Lord of the Rings, Eragon, and The Hunger Games. I also love learning about other cultures and peoples, and as a result have spent countless hours studying geography, particularly cultural geography. This interest has culminated in my placing in the top 10 in the Oregon State geography bee. I also love basketball and chess. My Meepcraft journey began one miserable day, when I was home with a fever. Completely bored, I googled "minecraft tf2 server" and stumbled upon MC-Halo, which Fuzzlr later acquired. On January 22nd, 2014, I joined my first town, and from there, I have had an amazing Meepcraft experience.

Why you should be Helper/Mod ?

Why should I be a helper?

Well, quite simply, I like to help. I love the sense of fulfillment helping gives--the thanks at the end of one's service can be particularly rewarding. Over this last summer, I was particularly fortunate in getting the opportunity to teach math to underprivileged high school students through my church. While at first a bit daunting (imagine teaching high-schoolers who are 3 years older than you!), I feel that I have grown and matured immensely from that experience. I've learned how to be patient with people, which, (for any of you who have /modreq'ed before) is a major part of being a staff here. I've also gained the ability to better teach people: I can now communicate and relate with them, and this is an enormous aid in teaching--another skill applicable to Meepcraft. The last, and perhaps most important thing this summer has taught me, is that helping in itself can be rewarding, even if one does not gain from it. There is nothing more satisfying than the appreciation someone shows you after you help them with something, or the moment when a lightbulb goes off in someone's head. I also have a strong work ethic, as evidenced by my 10 years of piano. When I put my mind to something, I will finish it: modreqs, projects, and such. This has translated over to school, where I get good grades in advanced classes. So far, I'm averaging a 4.0 while taking AP Calculus AB and other similar classes. While my work ethic doesn't always transfer to Meepcraft (after all, I play MC to relax), this remains one of my strong suits. I would also call myself dedicated to the server. While my dedication is not what anyone would call conventional. it's still dedication. I try to spend as much time on Meepcraft as possible (of course after I finish my other obligations) and I love interacting with the wonderful community this server has. I haven't donated any money to the server in the way that Cooleysworld or Scrubsilencer have, but I part with something else precious every time I log on: my time. However, the great community here makes it worth my time.

Weaknesses:

At times, I can be quite immature. Oftentimes, this occurs in shout, when people carry on debates. If I side with something, I'll defend it to the end, and this has caused some unfortunate flame-wars and messes. I also tend to curse/spam a lot, but I've tried to improve on this, and the spam filter helps a great deal. I also don't know if I can be totally fair when meting out punishments. While I can certainly ban someone, would I be able to ban my friends? This is certainly a question that I have to ask myself and work on; even though they are my friends, I must put that aside and do what is best for the server, even if that may entail the loss of a friend. Since I've never been staff on any server before, I have absolutely no knowledge of HE/Prism and staff commands, so I'll have to learn that from scratch. I don't think that it'll take me that long to pick up, but that is something of note. Due to my parents constantly being home and wanting me to study more, my TS/Skype activity is severely lacking. It's rather hard to hide an application with a microphone in the background, so that may be of concern. This will assuredly not interfere with my in-game duties, but on TS, I will be almost certainly inactive.

Conclusion: In conclusion, I think that I would make a great addition to the staff team mainly because of my willingness to help. I've always wanted to help players out--I've been hosting drop parties for as long as I can remember--and this will be a great way to start. Furthermore, I believe being staff would be a great way to interact with the community.

I appreciate your feedback! -Metr0n0me
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 15, 2014, Original Post Date: Nov 15, 2014 ---
    Ugh: I cannot edit this, but I just realized that it says I'm online for 203 hours per weekend. This is most obviously a typo; I meant 2-3 hours. Thanks!

2. SirCallow

SirCallow Legendary Meeper

first will edit :D (going hunting) will edit when i get back

EDIT:
    Metr0, I have to say, you are one of the greats. Dedicated, trustworthy, and honest. (with a little humor mixed in :D)

I first met you when I bought my mansion as a bday present to myself. You were assistant in Grandis, and Premium at that too. (at that point I was still a citizen) Shortly after, Shain got me VIP, and bby got me Premium. Then 7ace gave me grandis. I was so excited! But legokev was kinda inactive, and I wasn't sure what was happening with Crusher, so I named you Co-Mayor since you already knew the town. That started one of the greatest Meepfriendships ever. (on my side anyways, you probably hate me :D) Little did I know, you would be the most active person I could have possibly chosen. After we grew acquainted, we eventually set up a time when we could both play for a few hours. We went raiding towns, fixing up the town a bit, it was a blast. Recently, I was apprehended playing while I was supposed to be doing History homework. (;-; ) So, I gave Metr0 Grandis, (and Co in my beta town, and said farewell.

*takes deep breath*

Then came my fascination with mods. Bibliocraft, Admin Weapons, Statues, and Carpenters Blocks are just a few I have found interest in. This went on for awhile, and in the meantime I almost forgot about Meep. But not quite. I finally got on one day to find that Metr0 was handling Grandis well, made a nice pwarp, accumulated about 4-5 million, had a second town, and kept my beta town from falling! *brofist*

So as you can see, I am biased towards Metr0, but for legit reasons. I would point out Metr0 that TS is very important though. IK you can't be on much, but try your best m8. GL!

Last edited: Nov 16, 2014
    metr0n0me likes this.
  3. n00bslayer_99

n00bslayer_99 i like kebab

yes yes yes!
    Always fun to talk with, fair dinkum attitude, always up for a good and proper debate, plus much more good things!
    +1.

May the SkyShop/Grandis competition continue!!! >: D

metr0n0me likes this.
  4. metr0n0me

metr0n0me Legendary Meeper

May I ask what is a "dinkum?"

5. anikin ultimate

anikin ultimate Popular Meeper

+/- I see you on a lot, though the app is short and I don't see you helping anyone

Bluapol and metr0n0me like this.
  6. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

-1, I absolutely respect you as a player, and a person. Additionally me and you have been friends for quite a long time, but despite that, I'm not sure how well you would do as staff. The reason is because I don't think you understand what a helper's job entails, and I have doubts your personality would fit well within those confines.

7. Owen Powell

Owen Powell Popular Meeper

Metr0n0me, you seem to be a fairly intelligent player who strives to help Meep. The only thing I'm slightly nervous about is your TS activity and the "I'm not sure if I can ban my friends part", but I believe those are bumps in the road that could be overcome ;). Overall, I'm at a +.5. Ps. dinkum means genuine, it's an Austrian term.

metr0n0me and CyberneticToast like this.
  8. legendcaleb

legendcaleb Celebrity Meeper

From what I experience, you have a poor attitude and an ego, -1 for me until you can prove otherwise

metr0n0me likes this.
  9. CyberneticToast

CyberneticToast Celebrity Meeper

I agree with Owen about the TS activity and the banning situation. This could be a bit of a concern. But that aside, you are always talking and being friendly in shout every time I log on. Of what I've seen in you, you are mature and helpful. +.5

Darke_Amethyst and metr0n0me like this.
  10. UglyUnicorn

UglyUnicorn Celebrity Meeper

You are very smart, and helpful, and active, but your interaction with players is horrible. Thats is the most important thing as a helper is your interaction with players.
    Improve on becoming more nicer to players and not as rude when someone makes you angry.

metr0n0me likes this.
  11. BobJonCreeper

BobJonCreeper pie

Hi Metr0!
    You are very active in all 3 aspects! Which is great!
    But I have to agree with Deinen. I don't see you fully understanding how much work, time, and effort the title "Helper" entails. There is a lot more than doing modreqs and helping people. Which sounds silly, but it's true.
    -1 from me as of now.
    There is obviously huge potential here, but I feel as though you may need to show us what you've got altogether ;)
    Good Luck!

metr0n0me likes this.
  12. addyawesome01

addyawesome01 Popular Meeper

13. adlovesdogs

adlovesdogs ex-staff <3

-.5 you are nice and awesome man, but I never see you on TS or very often in game. (And that is not a time zone issue)

metr0n0me likes this.
  14. _MacintoshWave_

_MacintoshWave_ Celebrity Meeper

it's funny, because other people say they think you are awesome, and think you are nice(which you are) but then they say -1
    ex:
    you are a very nice person, you are online very often, -1
    IN MY OPINION, YOU ARE VERY NICE, YOU CARE ABOUT THE PEOPLE AROUND YOU AND I SEE YOU ONLINE AT LEAST ONCE A DAY FOR AN HOUR OR TWO. I RESPECT YOU AND I CAN TOTALLY SEE YOU BEING A STAFF MEMBER! =D +1! GL!

15. Draqq

Draqq beans on toast

I cant really say much from me being banned for a while but ill still say something.

Although your app wasn't really split in to sections, I think it's better for an application to be split in parts as it makes it easier for the reader. I still thought that you app was great.

You're active enough, but 2-3 hours on a weekday is a very small period of time to be monitoring a server.

Is 2 years younger and me and a lot smarter.

Is a pretty cool and chill guy, that likes to have fun and knows when the fun gets to far before becomes immature fun.

Is one of the very few players I'd like to see as a staff member.

You have my 'vote', +1

metr0n0me likes this.
  16. Bob4444444

Bob4444444 Celebrity Meeper

Hello Metr0,
    My vote is a +/-, mainly because of your potential Skype activity. Skype is our main form of communication, and if you can't be that active on it, you will be pretty lost during your time as staff. I do feel that you can be a good staff member, and that you do have potential if this gets denied.
    Good luck, Metr0!

Last edited: Nov 18, 2014
    metr0n0me and CyberneticToast like this.
  17. ShadowBlizzard

ShadowBlizzard Celebrity Meeper

That's how votes are supposed to be, they may be your friend but you're flat out telling them they'll be a terrible staff member
    ---
    Metr0, you're helpful + active, but something irks me about you being staff which leaves my vote at a +/-

metr0n0me likes this.
  18. Killdogx

Killdogx Celebrity Meeper

Almost there but not yet -1

metr0n0me likes this.
  19. Cookies713

Cookies713 Celebrity Meeper

Fair dinkum = True/fair/positive attitude (aussie slang) so a 'fair dinkum' attitude is a positive attitude

I'm at a +/-, you're active but not really helpful.

metr0n0me likes this.
  20. UglyUnicorn

UglyUnicorn Celebrity Meeper

Basically questions they ask you at your interview. gg lol