1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

MeGustaYou's Helper Application

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by MeGustaYou, Jul 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmchugh2014

jmchugh2014 Popular Meeper

In conclusion, I am not saying she will never be staff, but someone who is mature and in high ranks on the staff team needs to train her in depth on how to handle situations, and be responsible with power. This means they need to test her in game without her knowing whats going on to see her initial responses. This should be a temporary deny, until she is trained and ready to handle whats going to come at her. She has never been staff before and doesn't know some of the situations that can arise. For example, if high staff members break rules, what she is supposed to do. These things need to be addressed to her before any promotion can occur.

00000 likes this.
  2. Deinen0

Deinen0 Guest

This is not a discussion thread, this is a young girl's application. I fail to see how this is a difficult concept. Please respect her and not spam up her application with discussions that could be somewhere else. And to be frank, MeGusta is one of the most considerate, thoughtful, and mature people in this game period. This is regardless of age. And she is the last person I ever expect to abuse any power given to her. Clearly we've seen people much older fail to handle this responsibility, and fail to respect the permissions given to them.

3. 00000

00000 Guest

*cough* Rosenow *cough*

4. matt391416

matt391416 Celebrity Meeper

I have seen here quite mature. Dont consider age as a factor, all because she is young means nothing. She doesn't know the consequences? No offense but, you shouldn't be talking. You listened to someone and did as told. Also I have never seen you help in /shout. Also Joey I am proving you wrong. She is quite mature and all because of age it means nothing. You want to compare ages? How old are you? You acted quite immature in meepnetworks. I feel like Megusta has real potential and may be a great mod. +1 I loved your app, you are quite active in teamspeak, and you are quite mature.

5. HotAsianBeans

HotAsianBeans Celebrity Meeper

I think you are very nice, you are very active, and had a nice application. The only doubt I have is your ability to handle emotional situations. This is the same doubt I have with anyone who has never had real life job experience. Good thing for you the Helper position is there to see how you will handle these situations. Prove my doubts wrong. +1

Last edited: Jul 30, 2013
    savvvy420 likes this.
  6. Mjr_Minor

Mjr_Minor Celebrity Meeper

/Nuke

I've talked to MeGustaYou several times on TS, she seems to have her head screwed on right. You wouldn't notice that she's 11 apart from her voice or if she told you. Mature beyond her years, calm and therefore I'd imagine not one to let emotions dictate her actions unnecessarily, all-in-all +1 for interview.

savvvy420 likes this.
  7. Ohyeah95207

Ohyeah95207 Popular Meeper

What jmc is stating, is what "Normal" people dont get~, Therefore what he says is 100% proven. Now I can go off on Jmc but I dont feel like it. But what jmc said I CAN<<< agree with. Am I saying -1? Idk myself...What YOU need to keep in mind is facts, therefore what im saying is jmc states the truth. Im NOT saying jmc is right...Im saying he has a point. Why not Take his point and reform it? Idk maybe your lazy. I lost my Mojo a long time ago, therefore: (No +1, +0 or -1)

8. the_sexy_ninja

the_sexy_ninja Popular Meeper

Mr. Nhjed... Do you have your reading glasses on? Can you not see the length of the "Why" part? In my opinion, it is very long, compared to most of the other Application, and due your many comments on other's apps on how it is short and lacking... I'd like to see you make a Staff App.

matt391416 likes this.
  9. dilly1992

dilly1992 Popular Meeper

Gusta is extremely active, on TS and in game. She's always helping someone she knows most or all of the rules of the ENTIRE server. That being said +1.

savvvy420 likes this.
  10. Cooleysworld

Cooleysworld Celebrity Meeper Elder

I loved your application, I think you’re in game and on TeamSpeak actions have earned you a chance at an interview. I also think the way you have handled the negative comments on your own application only show more clearly the maturity you have. +1 for interview
    When I became staff, I thought there should be a minimum age requirement. I was looking at age instead of maturity, and judging a book by its cover (age). MeGustayou was one of the players I have seen in game and on TeamSpeak that changed my thought process regarding age. Age is just a number and maturity cannot be judged on age! This has been proven many times over the past month or two with both players and staff members.
    There were many comments I have seen that I must comment on:
    “I do not believe someone so young should have powers that need responsibility”
    (If this were the case, would it be fair if current admins said the same regarding anyone under 18?) No it wouldn’t be!
    “She has never been staff before and doesn't know some of the situations that can arise. For example, if high staff members break rules, what she is supposed to do. These things need to be addressed to her before any promotion can occur.”
    (Is this not what the Helper (trial mod) position is for?)
    “She does not know the consequences that can result from poor choices made.”
    (Like when someone is giving OP to fix signs and instead of finishing the signs and de-oping as they should have, decide to try /nuke and kill over 200 players at once)
    I know mistakes are made, and if someone says they never made a mistake they are wrong. It is part of life. I just feel it is wrong to deny someone because you feel there age could cause a mistake.
    “Most haters are stuck in a poisonous mental prison of jealousy and self-doubt that blinds them to their own potentiality.”
    FYI: Fuzzlr was 14 years old when he created the #1 Minecraft server. (Enough said)

nhjed, savvvy420, Mjr_Minor and 2 others like this.
  11. SSSoul

SSSoul Celebrity Meeper

ign: MeGustaYou

Teamspeak: MeGustaYou

In game hours (weekday) A minimum of 10 right now, but school starts at August 15th which is quite near, and then it will change into 5 or more hours.

In game hours (weekend) 8 or more

Introduction: Hi, my name is Emily and I’m 11 years old. I’m a well-behaved, respectful, responsible person. I’m a good student in school; I have a lot of friends. I’ve been playing Minecraft since late 2011. I’ve been playing Meep since March 16th 2013, (I think, around there). I would add my hobbies and such, but I literally have no life, considering I’m often on for more than 8 hours at a time. Meepcraft is my only hobby, to be honest.

Why: I personally believe I deserve this promotion because ever since joining this server, I have always wanted to help it out in any way I could. I just don’t see this server as just a server; I see it as a constantly growing community. And I’d use my powers to improve the community by disciplining those who attempt to disrupt it, and I’d do my best to make the community an even friendlier place to be. I understand that this is a huge responsibility, and if I get it, I will excel expectations, as I always try to do.

Taking on that responsibility and addressing it shows that you know what's ahead of you.

I realize that becoming staff is so much more than just moderating chat, and kicking bad people, and doing /modreq’s; It’s about being a leader and a role model for the community to follow also, and I can handle these responsibilities with no issues. I would never disappoint the community, nor would I ever disappoint the people who trust me.

^

I believe that I am unique from other people because I constantly strive to make things and myself the best that they can be, and every day I try to wake up a better person than I was yesterday. I love learning new things, and I believe that there’s always room for improvement. Inactivity is not a problem with me, as I do not have much that goes on IRL besides school, but that’s a piece of cake for me right now.

Activity is important and I do see you on very often, just try to help more in /shout

I’d also like to address the partial stereotype (kind of) from my age. I’m not an annoying 11 year-old who whines, screams, or cries all the time. I know when it’s okay to goof around; and when it’s time to be firm. I am very mature and refined when time calls for it. There is no absolute question to my maturity, because I know that I have the self-control and intelligence to handle situations that may come up. Although it seems like I’m just a sweet little girl; I know how to be strict.

It's important to know how to have a sense of fun but also to be mature and strict when the time is right

Conclusion: In conclusion, I am a person who always strives to do my best and to make everything I do the best that it can be also. Although young; I would handle my responsibilities maturely, and I treat others with respect, and if I receive this, as promised above, I will exceed expectations. Thank you for reading my application.

The last sentence be better after the weaknesses or the last sentence period.

Weaknesses: I think one of my biggest weaknesses is the fact that I am kind of socially awkward, which can be a huge problem for me sometimes. I often not know how to respond to a certain part of a certain conversations, so often I literally look up what to do. (Google is my best friend)

I also often overthink things to a point where I basically try too hard to find a better route, which can be advantageous and inauspicious at times, because sometimes I end up just wasting time.

Anyways, GREAT app and good luck! (+1)

12. castroifyer

castroifyer :)

I love this application, and it's extremely hard to believe that you are just 11! Everything you've outlined captures the essence of what being a staff member is all about, and i'd love to see you join us.

savvvy420 likes this.
  13. Cooleysworld

Cooleysworld Celebrity Meeper Elder

Accepted for interview!

savvvy420 and nhjed like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.