1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Best Posts in Thread: MeGustaYou's Helper Application

1. Cooleysworld

Cooleysworld Celebrity Meeper Elder

I loved your application, I think you’re in game and on TeamSpeak actions have earned you a chance at an interview. I also think the way you have handled the negative comments on your own application only show more clearly the maturity you have. +1 for interview
    When I became staff, I thought there should be a minimum age requirement. I was looking at age instead of maturity, and judging a book by its cover (age). MeGustayou was one of the players I have seen in game and on TeamSpeak that changed my thought process regarding age. Age is just a number and maturity cannot be judged on age! This has been proven many times over the past month or two with both players and staff members.
    There were many comments I have seen that I must comment on:
    “I do not believe someone so young should have powers that need responsibility”
    (If this were the case, would it be fair if current admins said the same regarding anyone under 18?) No it wouldn’t be!
    “She has never been staff before and doesn't know some of the situations that can arise. For example, if high staff members break rules, what she is supposed to do. These things need to be addressed to her before any promotion can occur.”
    (Is this not what the Helper (trial mod) position is for?)
    “She does not know the consequences that can result from poor choices made.”
    (Like when someone is giving OP to fix signs and instead of finishing the signs and de-oping as they should have, decide to try /nuke and kill over 200 players at once)
    I know mistakes are made, and if someone says they never made a mistake they are wrong. It is part of life. I just feel it is wrong to deny someone because you feel there age could cause a mistake.
    “Most haters are stuck in a poisonous mental prison of jealousy and self-doubt that blinds them to their own potentiality.”
    FYI: Fuzzlr was 14 years old when he created the #1 Minecraft server. (Enough said)

nhjed, savvvy420, Mjr_Minor and 2 others like this.
  2. Deinen0

Deinen0 Guest

This is not a discussion thread, this is a young girl's application. I fail to see how this is a difficult concept. Please respect her and not spam up her application with discussions that could be somewhere else. And to be frank, MeGusta is one of the most considerate, thoughtful, and mature people in this game period. This is regardless of age. And she is the last person I ever expect to abuse any power given to her. Clearly we've seen people much older fail to handle this responsibility, and fail to respect the permissions given to them.

3. IFartOnChilren

IFartOnChilren Celebrity Meeper Elder

+1 MeGusta is very responsible and kind to everyone on TS, and she is very active as well. Not to mention her application was very well written for someone her age. All these qualities are something you'd want in a staff member