1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Best Posts in Thread: MeepStats' Helper → Mod Application

1. MeepStats

MeepStats Legendary Member

In Game Name: This space intentionally left blank.
    Skype Username: Meep Stats
    Teamspeak Username: Meep Stats
    Mic use: I lurk, but will always use it if necessary.
    Timezone: EST
    Hours online per weekday: 2-6 hours
    Hours online per weekend: 8-12 hours
    Position Changes: Helper → Mod

Introduction: Okay. I'm still "new." I get that. I realize in advance of posting this that (potentially) people are going to notice and feel that this somehow makes me unqualified. Here's a short timeline for you to use when you make those comments:

Helper Application posted: 9/28/13 (28 days)
    Helper Application accepted: 10/6/13 (20 days)
    Helper Interview accepted: 10/12/13 (14 days)

Continuing on, ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, zombies and skeletons: Hi - I'm MeepStats. If you don't know who I am ingame, you're silly. Silly's not bad, it's just... amusing. Anyway, I am here to present myself as a candidate for the position of Moderator. I've thoroughly enjoyed my position as Helper over the past few weeks, but I think it's definitely a good time to be giving this application a shot that, and people keep asking me to do this >.>.

Why you should be Mod?: I'm enormously productive ingame. I want to stress that I recognize quality as much more important that quantity, but... I really like numbers.

In two weeks, I've completed no less than 415 modreqs (suggested is at least 150). I've also had the pleasure of kicking players from the server on at least 300 occasions. Unfortunately with as large a server we have here, there's bound to be quite a few instances where people were naughty. I've had to use my banhammer on over 100 people in two weeks, which saddens me. That particular statistic is rather inflated due to a certain spampocalypse, but nevertheless, it causes a great deal of frowniness to MeGusta :(

tl;dr In terms of modreqs over the past week, you could replace the entire staff team with five of me and all the modreqs would still get answered.

Other than my statistical achievements, I have a variety of other feathers carefully tucked away in my cap. I managed to catch a set of rail dupers (nearly a mil's worth), and I've investigated numerous theft/grief cases. I've also developed my abilities with Hawkeye to where I'm at the point where I enjoy its simplicity and ease of use.

Being Moderator would also streamline many of the processes staff have to deal with. There'd be one less active Helper clogging up the Staff Ban Req queue, and there'd be one more Moderator to help take care of various forum duties, etc.

In short, I feel that I have successfully demonstrated my worth to the staff and the community as a Helper, and now realize that it would probably be a good idea to move on and pursue the process of becoming a Moderator.

Weaknesses: As I mentioned in my Helper application, I'm an enormously busy student. I may or may not have unexpected bouts of inactivity. If I see one coming, I'll be sure to let the appropriate people know, but sometimes there's not much I can do about it.

An additional weakness that I've uncovered after being Helper is that I have been (at times) tardily uploading Ban Reports. That's not to say I ignore the feature entirely (I always post what I should, but it might take a few hours), but I should certainly work on being more prompt. Regardless, I think this is rather minor and is easily resolved with minimal effort.

Conclusion
    : Overall, I trust that I have yet again presented my application in a solid, professional manner. I look forward to the opportunity of potentially serving the community in an even greater capacity. I'd also like to take a moment to thank all of my fellow staff members for helping me along the way - we're all new at some point :)

(written 10/26/2013)

2. MeepStats

MeepStats Legendary Member

According to my copy of the Little, Brown Handbook*, 11th Edition, page 453 clearly states that
    (bolded emphasis mine)

*950 page book on how to properly use the English language, widely used by College students for various English courses.

Gh05t, nhjed, chaos546 and 1 other person like this.