1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Best Posts in Thread: MeepStatistician -> Helper MeepStatistician

1. Alien_Venom

Alien_Venom Popular Meeper Elder

Congratulations MeepStats you annoyed me enough I sat here and did the code, you've earnt yourself a +1 from Alien

2. MeepStats

MeepStats Legendary Member

You know what decimal means, right? It's the number system we use 99.9% of the time. Another term for this is base 10. This means that there are 10 digits in the system, 0-9.

Additionally, the base of the system affects the place-value of a digit. For example, the "3" in "532" represents a 30, because it is in the second spot - sometimes known as the tenths place.

The math behind that is for the nth spot in the number, the digit has a value of (number*(base^(n-1))). So, in our example, we're in the 2nd spot (counting from right to left), with a base of 10. Our number is 3, so we have (3*(10^(2-1))) = 3*(10^1) = 30.

In binary ("bi" means two), we only work with two digits, 0 and 1 - so we're in base two. It's also what computers run on. So, for example, 110 in binary is 1*2^2 for the first digit, 1*2^1 for the second, and 0*2^0 for the third. Add it all up and you get 6.

Does that answer your question?

3. DevilSpawn112

DevilSpawn112 The Sass Master

Trying to understand this decoding stuff is making my brain hurt so bad lol