1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Best Posts in Thread: May 11, 2014: Meep Chat Update

1. Fuzzlr

Fuzzlr Owner Staff Member Owner

My message to staff describes how the chat system will work:

Over the past few days I have seen many chat infractions that have gone unnoticed. Maybe it is because people are not paying attention, or there are just so many infractions that they are becoming incessant waves of spam -- an ocean of incomprehensible text that gradually $@*%@ on itself throughout the day.

I am introducing several new features to the chat system which are designed to make your job easier, so you can focus on the things that matter. Messages submitted in chat will be automatically filtered according to their content. I have selected a completely preventative strategy that won't punish the player for infractions he/she doesn't even know about!

Advertisements - Automatically Filtered and the player is messaged when the infraction is committed

Repeated Messages - Automatically Filtered and the player is messaged when the infraction is committed

Messages sent multiple times in X seconds - Automatically Filtered and the player is messaged when the infraction is committed

"Watch your $%*#ing Language!" - Automatically Filtered and the player is messaged when the infraction is committed

For players that defy our fair laws and refuse to obey the State, there is a new preventative command. This command will deprive the user of speech, so that society will be rid of the social poison!

/mute - prevent a player from using any communication medium on MeepCraft

A Muted Player has the same responsibilities as a normal player and must listen to staff members! If a muted player refuses to remove the WAX from their ears then they will be eternally banished from society! (/ban) To get rid of a mute, a player can appeal on the website as instructed by the friendly informative message that follows their attempt to speak.

I hope that this will reduce the amount of bans that we have on MeepCraft! Players that make infractions and get banned are not likely to appeal (the ban hammer is very unappealing!) because they new to the server and therefore did not recognize the chat rules. Did you know that the majority of our bans are chat infraction related?