1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Marshallmafer's Helper Application.

Discussion in 'Denied' started by marshallmafers, May 11, 2014.

1. abbythrowsstuff

abbythrowsstuff Celebrity Meeper

+1
    rather see you banning people as a helper than an architect tbh

2. _Chef_Carrott_

_Chef_Carrott_ Popular Meeper

Not to be disrespectful but do you just want to be helper so people don't get mad at you for banning people since you are an Architect

I don't have a problem with you being a helper, work on your maturity though.
    +.5

TimtheFireLord likes this.
  3. PuckMiner

PuckMiner Celebrity Meeper

-1 I feel you aren't fit for staff. I have several reasons and don't want to discuss them all here. Anyway I have never ever seen you on TeamSpeak. You are very immature and as chaos stated, I feel you being staff would do more harm than good.

4. Grandblue

Grandblue Celebrity Meeper

+.5 you are already op in spawn

5. KariStar86

KariStar86 Heroine of Time

You know what? +1 for this reason, and also that you went through the trouble to actually make this application. I'll leave it up to the staff team to decide whether you're fit to be a Helper, since this whole forum section is apparently a bunch of lies anyway. :p

6. Bob4444444

Bob4444444 Celebrity Meeper

+/-
    •Very active ingame and on forums
    •I see you helping ingame
    •Don't see you helping on forums a lot
    •I don't see you on ts a lot, but when you are on you're never talking
    •You do ban/kick people when they do something wrong
    VERY immature sometimes
    Good luck! ;)

7. DancingCactus

DancingCactus Legendary Meeper

The fact that you listed this as a weakness...

[​IMG]

this is more of a "thing you should do so I don't look like an idiot"

eh, I don't really like you but that doesn't mean you shouldn't be staff. You're an architect (w/e that is) so you must be trusted, somewhat respected and not a complete idiot, so I'll +1 ya.

8. Cascade1324

Cascade1324 Celebrity Meeper

+0
    Reason above.

9. Lilliya

Lilliya Celebrity Meeper

used drug ref in shout I can provide screeny if u want but yea immature
    so na

10. Pyro707

Pyro707 Popular Meeper

O sorry this is hard, I'll give you a +0.5 your a great builder and show promise but sorry man, you can be immature sometimes, even so your pretty cool but just work on being mature. If you don't get it, apply again in a couple months, I think you will definitely make it then if not now as long as you show some responsibility.

11. marshallmafers

marshallmafers Celebrity Meeper

Simply due to the fact that I wasn't a staff member prior to me making this app does not mean I'm alway immature. I was acting as I pleased, since I wasn't staff. This doesn't mean that I'm just always immature. The only times that I'm immature is 10% of the time, I'm a funny guy irl and a blast to hang around. I will all ways try to cheer people up, make them happy tell a joke. I'm the type of person that likes to be happy all of the time, I do admit to not liking a few people not going to lie about that.

12. Pyro707

Pyro707 Popular Meeper

Yes, this why I gave you a +0.5 you can be funny and good to hang with but you still need to think before you act, I also know what you mean about taking on maturity if your role calls for it but you know.... I actually want you to be a helper but your just not consistent right now. You should wait 2 and a half months than apply again and between now and then act like a man who has something to prove.

13. Fangdragon1998

Fangdragon1998 Queen of the Nubs, La Elite Dragoness, Kæri On!

Well.
    Good things:
    -You can be funny
    -App was alright, not the best, not the worst.
    -Actually put weaknesses in the app (kudos for that)
    -Activity
    -actually taking time to post this
    Bad things:
    -You can be immature for 19
    -I have heard you say you don't want to waste your time with the kids on this server....
    -I don't think you're fit for helper, especially so close after your ban perms were taken away

Overall, -1, because though there are more good things than bad, the bad are much more serious in my view.

TimtheFireLord likes this.
  14. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

I was really moving to give you a +1 until I saw this. This misconception is something that is concerning. As architect you were indeed a staff member. You were working for the server on a volunteer basis to help improve the server. You had a legitimate Architect title given to you by someone, you were representing the server, and that is as close to staff as you get, like every other staff member.

In all honesty, you should be either an architect, or a helper. Are you going to stop building to answer questions, or modreqs? Because a helper isn't there to ban/kick people. They are there, and were designed, to help people, mainly newbies.

There is no special training class helpers get to 100% make them perfect at kicking and banning people. There will be no special training for you. All it takes is simply learning what you are doing through experience. I'm not uncomfortable with banning/kicking people because you're rank title isn't "Helper." I'm uncomfortable with it because you have made wrong bans before. While all staff that has ever been has made their fair share of bad bans, they generally buck up, and learn from the mistake. From you I see, "well, I should apply for helper to be able to kick/ban people." I feel this isn't correct justification, and it's not the solution to the issue. If someone is spamming, doing ads, it's apparently a violation, just ban/kick them, it's obviously warranted.

But perhaps you should concentrate on placing blocks than worrying about PVP hacks, and the more complicated cases, because you're an architect, not a helper.

15. bbycakes2012

bbycakes2012 Half baby, Half cake

-1 Since you put me in jail
    +1 since you finally let me out xD
    But overall I don't think it's time for you to be a helper / mod / staff
    so I'm going to have to say -1 You're either architect or nothing.

16. hippapajo

hippapajo Popular Meeper

I-I'm sorry, guys. This is such a serious thread. But, just look at this.
    Oh my god nordering... I'm dying.... XD
    Also.
    -/+ Marshall , I like you but you can be immature. Good luck!
    --- Double Post Merged, May 12, 2014, Original Post Date: May 12, 2014 ---
    So far you have -13 plus +5 so, right now you're at a -8 based on community opinion. I dunno man. I think you should stay architect. It just fits you.

Cascade1324 and bbycakes2012 like this.
  17. xRestart

xRestart Popular Meeper

Hey uh, who applies for a lower rank.
    Doesn't Architect have more perms than helper.

+0

bbycakes2012 likes this.
  18. TimtheFireLord

TimtheFireLord Celebrity Meeper

Hello Marshall. I am honestly sorry to say this, but I am going to have to be at a -1 for this app.
    The application wasn't too bad, it got all the main points across, and your activity is decent, but the maturity/helpfulness is a major issue. Applying for helper is not a thing to be taken lightly. You have to be ready to deal with constant modreqs, on top of your ordinary duties as builder. While you have shown good self control by not exactly abusing your OP, I still would not trust you with 2 very powerful ranks. To be blunt, you are very sarcastic and can be condescending at times, which is not a good trait in a position that is meant to help/uplift others.

19. Ninja_of_Tempest

Ninja_of_Tempest Celebrity Meeper

Immature
    Banning Issue
    Weak App

Highlanders3Ruth likes this.
  20. Alien_Venom

Alien_Venom Popular Meeper Elder

• Immature
    • Egotistical
    • Egocentric
    • Sense of Self intitlement
    • Sense of Grandeur
    Overall these are not the qualities of a Helper, but good luck with it anyway.

I may not be that great with the US education system but I thought one graduated at 17-18, correct me if I'm wrong.

marshallmafers likes this.