1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Best Posts in Thread: Legend permanent fly

1. KlutchDecals

KlutchDecals The Real Ironman Elder

Rip thread. To end this fun, if youre on the other server, see ya. Stop posting here.

No one cares how good you think youre doing. See you all in a month.

Also@ jala. Stop being salty. You started downloading plugins off craftbucket, pre updated for 1.10 and started on 1.10. You have 0 custom plugins. Stop trying.

2. Khafra

Khafra Celebrity Meeper

but he wasn't the player who spent $320 on a rank to keep his server up... this really shouldn't be based off of "what he likes" more so what the community wants.

also it's not like we're getting any cosmetic perks exclusive to our rank so this would fix that problem easily.

3. Khafra

Khafra Celebrity Meeper

yes I understand this thread will get a lot of hate, but, legend hasn't recieved perks in months, and have paid the most for their rank. The MineCraft Eula allows all pre-eula donors to keep their perks, as long as it isn't purchaseable for real currency

Here's what Mojang said:

"How should servers deal with users who have already spent hard currency on features that affect gameplay?
    Users may keep the perks they’ve paid for on the condition that the same perks are available to other players on the server (directly or purchasable using soft currency). It’s up to the server host to decide how to compensate users for previous transactions."
    ( https://mojang.com/2014/06/lets-talk-server-monetisation-the-follow-up-qa/ )

Pretty much, as long as the perk in buyable in game (fly notes at /warp spawn) all legends are allowed to have /fly.

Quoting @Fuzzlr on his Eula update thread; "
    "
    ( http://www.meepcraft.com/threads/meepcraft-eula-compliance.59083/ )
    You don't see any perks being added for legend. Giving us /fly will make legends satisfied with not recieving any new perks, and it is eula-compliant.

4. legendcaleb

legendcaleb Celebrity Meeper

Wow, I didn't know meep added minimods. And yeah, every server is copying meep with their "Mod" position smh

5. Jadeybear7

Jadeybear7 Popular Meeper

6. andrewrobins

andrewrobins My views are my own.

Deinen/Klutchdecals 1 Rest of the world 0.

If you think the staff are not trying to bring fly back you are nuts.

Pmx728, Photoave12, Draqq and 4 others like this.
  7. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

Oh I wasn't talking about fly, I couldn't care less. I cared more about the owner of a MeepCraft clone talking about how it's the server's responsibility to sell EULA compliant perks, when that very server does not sell Eula complaint perks, because I highly doubt they've contacted Mojang and gotten express permission to commercialize Mojang's product. (Which MeepCraft has)

Pmx728, metr0n0me, BlackJack and 4 others like this.
  8. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

I'm not sure any one of you know anything about the EULA. That webpage they put up about monetization, that is not the EULA.

This is the EULA - Which states NOBODY can make money off Minecraft UNLESS Mojang SPECIFICALLY agrees to it.

I disagree with this premise, in the end, it is always the customers responsibility to look into the product they are buying. Also this serves no solution to the problem at hand, because if they did as you said - We'd still be facing a situation of legends without fly, even if bought when it was EULA compliant, like mine was. I can assure you a good majority of people knew that the EULA was updated, but most bought ranks with the assumption it would never be enforced, much like a majority of the Minecraft community operated with this assumption.

I noticed you have a donation page on your server's website. Does that have express permission from Mojang? If not, this is also against the EULA, and according to you, is your responsibility to fix.

9. Jess_4Ds

Jess_4Ds Ya Know!

I don't think pre-eula and eula should even matter. We were sold the ranks with the understanding we had those perks. It is not our job as rank buyers to make sure a server is following the eula when we purchase the rank. It is the servers job to sell eula compliant ranks in the first place. Selling ranks that were not eula compliant after the eula was being enforced is not on the buyers, but on the seller.

10. KlutchDecals

Thats because hornemans didnt steal Meep players. Some people cant handle actually starting a server so they try an easy route.

Meep players on the silly clone - 10
    New players from any type of growth - 0

Success?

11. KlutchDecals

Well we get to choose. We give legends Fly (which in the situation, we thought fly would be cosmetic;which we argued for) or we get shut down. Its that simple. We complained that fly was cosmetic and they said no. I dont care what silly rule you all read and what part of the eula you wanna twist however you wanna twist it. We asked time and time again, they said no.

Pmx728, BlackJack, Muunkee and 3 others like this.
  12. CluelessKlutz

CluelessKlutz Badmin

Huge +1

While I myself am not a Legend, I was never bothered they had fly. Because all other ranks may obtain the perk through fly notes, it is also EULA compliant due to the "grandfather perks." I think having fly, even just in Towny, would make everyone happy. I understand it could be abused in Wild, but why not in Towny? All it can really be used for there is Towny. This would encourage current Legends to stay, and show them the server staff do pay attention to their requests.

13. Khafra

Khafra Celebrity Meeper

Let's just give back the most overpowered commands am I right?

it's also hard to tell who the pre-eula donors are from the after eula donors. Legends don't have that problem since it's no longer purchaseable

metr0n0me, cooey, Mjs6000 and 2 others like this.
  14. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

They worked on a MeepCraft clone. You didn't even change your staff rank titles? Low effort.

15. KlutchDecals

Arent you the guy who cried after 1 day of staff? I dont even really remember you.

Does anyone here care about your website Hornemansv2?

Exactly. However about legends getting fly, im talking woth Fuzzlr so before this gets any more toxic, chill.