1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Langston1209's Mod App!

Discussion in 'Denied' started by Langston1209, May 3, 2014.

1. Langston1209

Langston1209 Popular Meeper

*** i have been Helper for almost 7 weeks (since March 17th/18th)***

In Game Name:
    Langston1209
    Skype Username: Langston1209
    Teamspeak Username: Langston / Langston1209
    Mic use: I'd say around 30% of the time.
    Timezone: EST
    Hours online per weekday: 2-6 Hours
    Hours online per weekend: 4-10 Hours
    Position Changes: Helper -> Mod

Introduction:

Hello, It's me Langston (aka Lang, and Langstone >_>), here once again only this time I am applying for Mod :^). I have been on Meep for close to 2 years on/off now. My favorite hobbies outside of MeepCraft include playing Trumpet in my school's Band and Jazz Band classes as well as running CrossCountry and Track. I love music- not really sure why but I can't stop making and listening to it- sadly though, this causes me to not go on TS as much cause I cannot do both (lol). Aside from MeepCraft in some of my free time I play either League of Legends, or recently Osu. I love being with friends in real life and online, I often play League with various people from meep and love playing silly simple games like we do as staff sometimes. With my experience gained over my time spent as a Helper and with the Track season being over I feel that I am ready to take the next step- and apply for Mod.

Why I should be Mod:

I have applied for Helper/Trial Mod around 3-4 times in the past and was quite surprised that I was accepted after returning and applying so soon after a very long break from MeepCraft(2-3 months). Because of that I have been determined to prove myself that I am worthy and responsible enough to hold a staff position. I have a strong work ethic whenever I am on, almost always multitasking and accomplishing jobs efficiently. You will often find me standing in one of my preferred areas around spawn monitoring everything there- watching for pvp infractions, language, ads of another server, as well as dealing with modreqs and conversing with people via /shout and /msg all at the same time. I have been in the Helper position long enough now that I know how to deal with all situations that i have the power to deal with effectively. I made the final step earlier this week by installing Bandicam so that I can now handle cases involving hacks and x-ray if need be.

Weaknesses:

- Modreq count (at the time of posting i have done 243)
    - TS mic activity
    - Forums posting activity
    - Hesitant on some bans/kicks - Language and Sex Refs are largely up to interpretation, some people ban for 5days what someone else would for 1-2, for some reason I spend too much time trying to calculate and justify the correct ban length/punishment for them.

I have underlined keywords because while my specific mic/post activity may be low- my general activity on TeamSpeak and the forums is still quite high. I go through most sections of the forums multiple times a day, and get on TeamSpeak whenever I can. Due to Track and other school obligations my activity during the week in the past was limited, but since my sports season is over my activity should even out during the week again.

Conclusion:

I have always loved this server and the community here, and being staff has made it all the much better. It has caused me to become much more involved than i have ever been in the past. It's sounds weird to love doing modreqs, but i don't care. In the past when I used to spend hours in Meep wasting time building things I would always hate that i wasted so much time, but now I could spend hours assisting people ingame, or playing games with staff and people on the server and I never regret spending that time. It is because of these reasons that i want to take the next step- and go for Mod.

Clearing up some confusion:

Yes i was very recently banned for chargeback: I did not issue that chargeback, in fact that was not even recently. I bought Supreme -> Ultimate from owenevan back in mid February and he was banned for chargeback a few days later, some people(i was one of them) was never banned for some reason. The ban caught up with me, the chargeback fee was payed (thanks cooleys!) and i have been unbanned and am back to supreme)

My modreq average is actually quite terrible, but keep in mind a few factors have affected this: (1) Sports - Track meets take up pretty much the entire day. (2) Spring break/my ban where i was unable to get online. (3) there aren't always modreqs available- low count does not mean low activity :)

==================================================================
    ALL comments and criticism are accepted- just please be constructive! :)

2. Iatemyfriends

Iatemyfriends Supreme Leader

Ive seen you in ts twice
    Never seen you helping in shout
    Forums activity is good doe

3. Grandblue

Grandblue Celebrity Meeper

I really don't know. You can be helpful, just I don't see you helping in shout. You handle many of my cases though +0

4. Grandblue

Grandblue Celebrity Meeper

I don't see him helping in shout. Stop stalking me.

Cascade1324 likes this.
  5. Pyro707

Pyro707 Popular Meeper

+0.2 from what I know of your you are helpful but really don't see you on much, I know your busy but if you want mod you should play and go on ts more often.

Last edited: May 3, 2014
  6. Nman830

Nman830 Celebrity Meeper

inactive
    not helpful
    reasons above

Grandblue likes this.
  7. Ninja_of_Tempest

Ninja_of_Tempest Celebrity Meeper

I feel like it's too early and you need some more experience. You are a nice guy, but I don't see you often. We are in same timezone. I'm sure you are (hopefully) working on modreqs, but I rarely see you in shout. Forums activity could be higher.

8. mrli1

mrli1 Popular Meeper

I think you are a nice person.
    Though your forums activity has barely scraped the ground since your last application.
    For that reason I am at a -1.

9. nhjed

nhjed Celebrity Meeper

-1 You're really quiet and I barely see you online.

Last edited: May 3, 2014
  10. Highlanders3Ruth

Highlanders3Ruth Popular Meeper

•Same timezone, I never see you talking in chat or ingame.
    •Helping, I don't see you helping a ton in shout.
    •Innactive, I don't see you a ton and we are in the same timezone...
    •Work on your Fourm activity a little, you havnt been posting much a lot since you've been Helper from what I've seen

11. SSSoul

SSSoul Celebrity Meeper

-1 Work on activity mainly as well ad shout work

12. abbythrowsstuff

abbythrowsstuff Celebrity Meeper

+/- I feel like you suspect everyone as in everyone has done something wrong and you can be a little harsh on it. Although I think you show a large amount of maturity in certain situations, I think you need to get rid of the "suspect everyone" attitude that you have shown to me on many an occasion.

13. Langston1209

Langston1209 Popular Meeper

I agree with this, I know I have gone into cases a little too much but most of the time I have actually found something, or when I suspected someone I did not act on it based on suspicion, I spent a lot of time gathering proof and asked multiple people along the way what their opinion on the situation was too before I did anything.

As for the other comments more often than not I answer questions or give warnings, etc via /msg. If multiple people ask the question then I use shout but with around 5+ other people /shout'ing the same answer I choose to make mine more personal.

Forum activity- yeah, I'm active but I don't post very much.

Thanks for the feedback!

14. red_stone_sucker

red_stone_sucker Popular Meeper

+0 all reasons above

15. LexKristen

LexKristen Celebrity Meeper

I personally think you're doing a great job as helper and haven't seen anything from you that has struck me as negative. You're a really smart and reasonable person.
    +1

16. Wubb8t

Wubb8t Celebrity Meeper

I'm a very active player in shout, and putting in server time. I've hardly ever seen you on the server, and believe you should invest more time into the community before going up a rank :)

17. chirp1234

chirp1234 Celebrity Meeper

+1
    You've done a pretty good job as a Helper in my opinion. I would love to see you as a Mod!

Langston1209 likes this.
  18. GingerManOWNS

GingerManOWNS Selfie Master! BOW!!

The is just a no not trying to argue but people apply in like a month and get accepted for example monkeyhead :p okay to langston's app :)
    -Forum activity
    +IG activity
    +/-Teamspeak activity
    +Your kicks and bans seem accurate :)
    I'm a +0.5 Good luck!

Langston1209 and SirCallow like this.
  19. SirCallow

SirCallow Legendary Meeper

True. +.5 also upon revision.

GingerManOWNS likes this.
  20. Bob4444444

Bob4444444 Celebrity Meeper