1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Kitpvp teaming suggestion

Discussion in 'Denied' started by CreeperCristi, Apr 13, 2015.

?

Are you a frequent user of KitPvP?

1. Heck Yeah!

33.3%
  2. Yes

38.1%
  3. Nope, i suck at it!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. No

14.3%
  5. Maybe

14.3%
  6. I don't know!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. CreeperCristi

CreeperCristi Popular Meeper

Hello guys, just your fellow Elite player here, and I have an idea for kitpvp, as this is a popular MeepCraft mini game, and lots of people like to team as well, so i thought this idea might help out a lot ^_^

My vision is this:

Making an invitation to team

If you want to invite somebody to team up, you can send them to request to team up using the command I call "/team invite <Player>", this will send the player who you are trying to team with a little message with a choice (explained below)

What to do when you get requested

Lets say that a person named "EnderBlocks_PvP" invites you to team up, as soon as he sends the invite, you'll get a message saying "EnderBlocks_PvP (Sample Name) wants to team up with you! Type /team accept to join or /team deny to reject"

What to do when you get requested by multiple people

Basically the same as as being invited as normal, only this time, it'll say "EnderBlocks_PvP, iPrimal and CreeperCristi (Sample names, excluding mine) want to team up with you! Type /team accept join or /team deny to reject"

What happens when officially teamed up with person(s)

When you have made your own team, and everyone is in, you will no longer be able to PvP them, and their name(s) has "Teamed" next to it, this is just in case you need to locate your allies, you'll be able to spot them if their name has "Teamed" in it

Limit to how many players who can be teamed up in one team

Just to keep it fair, I would say around 6-7 players, but I can let you guys have your opinions about this too :)

Additional Information to add

I attached a concepts of what it might look like when being used in-game down below (not actual gameplay shot):

Concept (redesigned).jpg

The colours of the players names are determined by their ranks (Citizen = Light Green, Vip = Slightly lighter green Premium = Blue, you get the point)

Until next time guys, you'll just see me hanging around on meep, but until then, ill see ya'll l8ter! :D

-Cristi

P.S: Any abuse when using the team idea will result in a temporary ban, all up to a PERMANANT one! (if this idea will be used)

2. kindlewing

kindlewing Popular Meeper

YESS!!! I was going to suggest this!! for /warp pvp aswell...

CreeperCristi and GroovyGrevous like this.
  3. GroovyGrevous

GroovyGrevous Break hearts not blocks

why not, i like the idea

4. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

What if we kept "friendly fire" on?

5. kindlewing

kindlewing Popular Meeper

Wouldn't that just get the people you're teamed with mad? I don't see why this would help anything.

Empoleon_master likes this.
  6. Zer0000000000

Zer0000000000 Popular Meeper

I kind of like this idea.

7. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

Isn't the point of having allies not killing them? :) You, rightly so, should be attempting to not hit them. If we're going to have permanent teams rolling around in kitpvp, might as well give the people getting trashed by them some hope, maybe one of you kill accidently kill eachother, right?

8. builderjunkie012

builderjunkie012 Celebrity Meeper

they also can team up against us but really this suggestion isn't that needed
    Edit: maybe this is better for our terrarium instead

9. Chickenator

Chickenator Popular Meeper

-1 it would make it a team based game instead of a free for all based game, it doesn't need to be added either: if you really want to team so bad just ask them in shout

10. Meeploverbalderbuilder

Meeploverbalderbuilder Well-Known Meeper

YUS I luv this idea, but what to do when you are in team with someone and leave kitpvp and come back?
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 13, 2015, Original Post Date: Apr 13, 2015 ---
    Guys we need to stop saying 'maybe' etc 'cos then we'll never get it done.. ;)
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 13, 2015 ---
    Yeah just... WHY NOT JUST DO IT AND THEN WE'LL SEE HOW IT GOES!

GroovyGrevous likes this.
  11. kwagscraft

kwagscraft Celebrity Meeper

Just turn off PvP between all donors while you're at it.

12. Fangdragon1998

Fangdragon1998 Queen of the Nubs, La Elite Dragoness, Kæri On!

Already too many citizens and non-often-going-kitpvpers get ganged up on by large teams. This leads to frustration that they can't get any kills or have any fun. Often this can lead to hacking when someone is so rage-filled they can't think very straight. Or they just don't care. It can also lead to a more hostile community.

Either way, I don't see how this alleviates any of the problems in kitpvp.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

However, if this were to become a thing, the teams need to at least have limits (the problem being that teams could just team with teams and gang up on other people anyway, so there really isn't a good way to avoid the issue introduced by this new feature).
    ^just thinking out loud :)

Chickenator, metr0n0me and smk like this.
  13. SX1

SX1 Celebrity Meeper

Isn't this already in kitpvp? What would be the point of adding a plugin that is basically there? (well, except friendly fire is off, most people who team don't usually hit each other even by accident...)

14. Empoleon_master

Empoleon_master Celebrity Meeper

You have obviously never been teamed with me in kitpvp, if I shoot a crowd of 3-5 people sword fighting eachother I will always, SOMEHOW hit the 1 person in the sword cluster that I am teamed with, I have had people go from teaming with me to attacking me on sight because I have such abysmal team aim.

15. adlovesdogs

adlovesdogs ex-staff <3

This idea is good, but fang says a lot of true things here. If there are teams then it is even more unfair to citizens.

16. SaracenTheLeader

SaracenTheLeader Popular Meeper

I love the idea! But, how about /team join and /team deny because in battle you won't have much time to reply to the invite. Also /team leave/quit because you might want to leave that team or join another. ;)

17. chaos546

chaos546 Canadian Forums Stalker

I do not see how this is any different from what we have now. The only thing I can think of it being used for would be some kind of 'team chat'. What do you think?

18. SaracenTheLeader

Oohh, yeh. Team chat please :)

19. chaos546

chaos546 Canadian Forums Stalker

That is the only thing I can think of that would make this remotely useful. People have already decided that it is unbalanced to have friendly fire off, so the only other reason to have official 'teams' would be team chat.

The question would be how to moderate it, but at the same time, it's a similar concept to /tc, which is just as difficult to moderate.

20. SaracenTheLeader

IDK how moderating /tc works, but put someone in kitpvp, they put all of the teams chats together and look at the chat. Or someone in kitpvp and they have to be added to the team. Hope this helps. ;)

*someone = Mod, admin etc.