1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Karistar86's Moderator Application

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by KariStar86, Jul 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GingerManOWNS

GingerManOWNS Selfie Master! BOW!!

Kari to be honest I do agree with bob you did argue a bit. Some may quote me on this and say something but I have my opinion and that's it deal with it. But you did work on your arguing majorly :D You are overall a great staff member! Active helpful and always willing to help others. I have respect for you and would like to see you have a chance at mod. The app was very nice. I'm a +0.5 Good luck kari!

KariStar86 and Bob4444444 like this.
  2. Kazarkas

Kazarkas Legendary Meeper Elder

Offering opposite opinions and arguing your logic is a negative? Besides, she is offering a conflicting opinion in Skype or TS in staff chats outside of the public realm so the community won't be exposed to "staff conflict" that you brought up. Last time I checked it was perfectly fine for a staff member to argue their point.

+1 to Kari, you should honestly just get SuperMod.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 29, 2014, Original Post Date: Jul 29, 2014 ---
    Young staff members might be overly sensitive and see a conflicting point of view supported with logic as an attack against their beliefs instead of looking at it for what it is: another opinion just like their own.

3. KariStar86

KariStar86 Heroine of Time

Thank you all for your replies and feedback so far! :D It's very helpful.

It's okay, guys. :) I think I explained in my Helper application that I consider my outspokenness both a strength and a weakness, and I mentioned arguing under Weaknesses here. I'm definitely not going to stop offering conflicting opinions and voicing them honestly, especially when I believe it's for the good of the server and it's players. So I appreciate the encouragement there! ;)

But I don't want to hurt others or cause conflict unnecessarily. I recognize that I need to be careful with how I approach disagreements and how my opinions are worded, and if Bob and Ginger see that as something I need to work on, that's fine with me. It's better that they say that now than for it to cause more problems down the road.

LOL, it is! I just don't want people hiding! :p

:oldman:

kdocherty7 likes this.
  4. DancingCactus

DancingCactus Legendary Meeper

this is really really stupid

like wtf, this is a positive, how can you -1 someone for this??? do you just want sheep for staff that don't argue at all? someone who gives their honest opinion and fights for things they believe in are the staff members you want. she does it to contribute and fight against things she find stupid. without it, the staff would never go against any action that was implemented and the players would get pissed off. her peers should not be getting pissed off because you can just ignore the comments and they don't affect you in anyway. you probably wouldn't have liked me as a staff member either, i did the same thing kari does. also, who cares if it bothers YOU? why does it affect her qualities for staff? this is a biased comment and should not be considered.

anyway, +1

you know what you are doing, you're not stupid, you're smart & active, you seem to be able to confront your issues in an argumentative way.

chirp1234, Lady_Hestia, Draqq and 4 others like this.
  5. KariStar86

Thanks for the support, truly, but please don't jump on Bob or Ginger for this. :( They were only doing what I asked and giving honest feedback.

6. Sirrr_Pig

Sirrr_Pig Bacon

You're a great helper and will continue to do great things. +1

7. SenorSparklz

SenorSparklz Popular Meeper

8. Lilliya

Lilliya Celebrity Meeper

+1 no comment needed.

KariStar86 likes this.
  9. chrisandmatthew

chrisandmatthew Celebrity Meeper

+1 to your +1 because it's gr8 m8 id r8 it 8/8

KariStar86 likes this.
  10. Draqq

Draqq beans on toast

KariStar86 likes this.
  11. Imperfectly

Imperfectly Celebrity Meeper

You are one of the best staff members currently.

+1

KariStar86 and Draqq like this.
  12. ShadowBlizzard

ShadowBlizzard Celebrity Meeper

+1
    Apply for S-Mod and you'll somehow get it ;)

KariStar86 and Draqq like this.
  13. Draqq

Draqq beans on toast

If Slick got Mod to Admin, Kari could easily get S-Mod ;)

14. JumboAce

JumboAce Celebrity Meeper

Kari you're literally amazing. You're constantly asking AMAZING questions on skype that I learn a lot from, you know the answer to a lot of questions, you're very involved in the community, and EXTREMELY ACTIVE!

You have so many other good qualities you're over qualified.

+86

#KARI4MOD2k14

KariStar86 likes this.
  15. Kazarkas

Kazarkas Legendary Meeper Elder

Kari for supermod or I poop my pants.

16. Pyro707

Pyro707 Popular Meeper

To be honest you don't need my +1, you have everyone else's but ill give it to you anyway. Your great staff.

Flamedemond2 and KariStar86 like this.
  17. chaos546

chaos546 Canadian Forums Stalker

Pls don't accept this until I have time to write a huge paragraph.

look unlike bbycakes' application I'm actually doing it this time aren't you so proud?

Okay.

Kari; ever since before you were staff, I had been pressuring you to apply. You were one of the players that I noticed, especially on the forums, just generally helping out and being friendly. You inspired me to talk to you about it, and you said you had activity issues, so I dropped the subject and only brought it up a few more times when I saw that others were also talking to you about it.

Truly, it was like a dream come true when you applied. I knew you would be accepted; you were probably one of the best candidates for Helper I have ever seen.

When you were, like I suspected, I noticed how quickly you picked it up. I've worked many cases personally with you and you always learn rapidly and if you forget something, you make sure you correct it next time. It's one of your best qualities; you are always trying to improve.

You always strive to do your best and I truly believe you would be an amazing mod. I've personally talked to you about it, and while you were adamant that you weren't ready, I knew you were. You probably have an idea about how much I am excited to see this application, but I'll reiterate it just for you; I am very happy.

The only thing that could possibly worry me is what Bob and Ginger brought up; the fact that you tend to argue your opinion. While this may bother others, on a whole it's not a big deal because not only do you try to keep it privately within staff, but you go further to keep it privately with me, which is probably the best thing you possibly could do. Sure, you may argue sometimes, but at least you don't take it out on others nor do you bring uninvolved people into it.

All in all, yes.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2014
  18. SirCallow

SirCallow Legendary Meeper

^

KariStar86 likes this.
  19. Owen Powell

Owen Powell Popular Meeper

+1 super great helper :)! Always have been polite to me and everyone else!

KariStar86 and jmelara like this.
  20. KariStar86

Thanks again for your comments, guys! It means a lot. :)

I remember this! I must have spent a good week or two checking with people to see if they needed to get their things... because I didn't know who had owned what (and may have left suddenly or been kicked). The previous mayor did tell me that those horses were yours, and I'm glad you were able to take back the ones you wanted.

And I remember wondering why someone named "Brandon" had a girl skin, but hey, I'm not gonna judge you for it. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.