1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

JumboAce's Moderator Application

Discussion in 'Denied' started by JumboAce, Aug 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JumboAce

JumboAce Celebrity Meeper

In Game Name: JumboAce
    Skype (Yes/No): Yes
    Teamspeak Username: JumboAce
    Mic use: Yes
    Timezone: EST
    Hours online per weekday: 2-3
    Hours online per weekend: 5-7
    Position Changes: Helper to Moderator

Intro:

Hello, I’m JumboAce, more commonly referred to as Jumbo. As of today I have been playing on MeepCraft for over 26 months, and have spent time as a helper for a little over a month. I recall the day I was messaged in-game about my interview and Bob4444444 and Flamedemond2 telling me to get on TS. I've never excelled in Oral Presentations but I put my heart into it, because I really wanted the position. The interview process really brought out a quality I never knew I possessed. I believe I have spent a sufficient amount of time as a Helper, thus I’m hoping to step-up and improve my services.

Why you should be a Mod?

As I said in the intro, I want to become a moderator because of the increased capabilities, and to make my work more productive. With the commands that mod gets, such as /god and /v, I will be able to monitor PvP in a much easier way. Being an avid PvPer and ex-Helper on multiple factions servers, I have extensive PvP knowledge and I'm able to confidently identify a hacker. With the new commands/responsibilities, I assure you I will excel at what I do and bring something new to the table. I’m constantly helping around in messages, shout, and all other platforms and forms of chat on MeepCraft, however there’s so much a Helper can do. My modreq count speaks for itself. I've managed to to complete over 500 (before and after reset) modreqs while having a Quality > Quantity mindset. I’ve said it in my Helper App, so I’m going to say it again; it’s the player that needs to be satisfied, not your ego. One of the many privileges a Mod receives is being able to be present at Helper interviews. I believe I’d ask great questions and answer any questions. Additionally, my main priority is helping rather than playing the game. I signed up for it, so I should be committed to it, and I am. I’m a very active and efficient working Helper I’m looking to step things up and broaden my horizons.

Chat Moderation:

I have been a contributing member of the server from day one. I have made it my duty to help the people around me to the best of my ability, and utilize my permissions to their fullest. I keep an eye on chat, and I’m frequently kicking any people in /shout violating a rule (Swearing, Sexual Content, Drug References, etc…). While moderating shout is a good thing, participating in appropriate shout conversations and getting more involved with the community is also good. I also acknowledge when a conversation crosses the line and needs to be ended, and I often end inappropriate conversations swiftly so neither party gets offended.

Dedication:

My dedication to this server is very unique and uncommon. For over 26 months, I have tirelessly tried to help people, improving their game play by whatever means necessary. MeepCraft has provided a home for me, so I try to make it a secure home for another player. I’ve been with MeepCraft through thick and thin and I’ve enjoyed every moment of it. I will try to my fullest capabilities to make maintain a friendly environment on the server, and because I am so dedicated towards the server, I find myself putting MeepCraft staff work over other important in-game and real life tasks.

Work Ethic:

I’m not one to quit, especially on a tough modreq. If I ever get into any situations I can’t handle, I request help from another member of staff, or simply unclaim the modreq. My goal is to help the player, and I won’t achieve that by completing their modreq without an answer. In the amount of time I’ve been a Helper, I’ve completed over 500 modreqs, meaning I’ve dealt with a wide array of situations. As a Mod, I’ll be able to accomplish even more than what I have.

Experience:

This has always been a key aspect for me. I’ve had the Moderator position three times before, I was a SuperMod about a week before MN, and an OP'd Officer during MN, and I’ve done an exceptional job. I always exceeded expectations, and most importantly, helped out newer staff. I can certainly handle the responsibility as I have before. I know the appropriate times to issue a perm ban, to delete a forum post, and many others. When I joined the new staff team, things had changed and I adapted very quickly. I almost mastered hawkeye in 3 days, and completed 170+ modreqs in my first week.

Communication/Involvement:

I have made it one of my biggest priorities to communicate with MeepCraft citizens on all platforms. To me, communication is an essential part of being staff. On Team Speak, I assist and guide many players and explain bans to players. For instance, there was a player on team speak who needed some clarification on his ban. I explained to him what hawkeye was, and how it logged him “griefing” and the player understood. Other than “helping”, getting more involved with the community is big! Especially having friendly discussions, as there is many new people to meet and friends to make on TS.

Strengths:

Experience – I’ve had the position before, therefore I know the ropes. I’m aware of the appropriate instances to issue a permanent ban, and I’m capable of using the Moderator permissions to their fullest potential and overall benefit the server.

Activity – I believe I am very active on all MeepCraft platforms. Whether it be Team Speak, in-game, or Forums, I am most likely on one of them therefore I can easily be contacted. I’m almost always available to players, therefore I’d like to increase my capabilities to be able to assist and guide new players/Helpers with the promotion to Mod.

Weaknesses:

Immaturity – This has always been, and in the meantime is an issue for me, because of my age, I am immature. I hope to improve on this by checking what I post. I think of the outcome and don’t act on impulse, but rather thought.

Rudeness? - Not sure how I should have worded this but, I can come across as rude sometimes, and that usually happens when a player criticizes me. The majority of the time I tend to ignore it, but there are a few instances where I leave a comment. I’ve been improving on this by ignoring it and improving upon anything the player criticized.

Conclusion:

In conclusion, I believe I can be an even more valuable asset to the staff team as a Moderator. I’ve had the position three times before this, and I’ve learned and achieved a lot as a Helper so it’s time to step up. Thank you for reading. Constructive criticism and feedback is highly appreciated.

2. Owen Powell

Owen Powell Popular Meeper

+1 A great helper who is active, nice, and knows what he's doing :)! Also, a great app!

scoowby and JumboAce like this.
  3. isbg.

isbg. Celebrity Meeper

+1!

• Is nice and helpful, always friendly on TS and ingame.
    • Has good experience; being mod three times before, he knows how to handle situations and the commands.
    • Very good application.
    Good luck!

JumboAce likes this.
  4. Klitch

Klitch

+1 great guy. Deserves this.

Darke_Amethyst and JumboAce like this.
  5. gabe_strikes_

gabe_strikes_ Popular Meeper

+1
    You are brilliant. Hope you get Mod, (Which you will)!
    Top 5 Helpers ~ You are in my top 5.

JumboAce likes this.
  6. jack_warner

jack_warner Popular Meeper

JumboAce you are amazing and you will be a great mod. +1

JumboAce likes this.
  7. Iatemyfriends

Iatemyfriends Supreme Leader

+1
    Active on all aspects of the server
    Great at doing his job efficiently but also making sure the player is left with knowledge not clueless-ness
    Very helpful and just helped me finish a modreq too
    Experience
    Give this man a cookie

SillySilver, Chaase5 and JumboAce like this.
  8. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

+1, you've been through this whole thing before, so you have plenty of experience, and you're active, you'd a nice guy, a great person in general. plenty of maturity there, there's no reason why not....

JumboAce likes this.
  9. XxNine_TailsxX

XxNine_TailsxX Legendary Meeper

+1
    Super helpful
    Super experienced
    Super cool
    Super sexy

Draqq and JumboAce like this.
  10. SirCallow

SirCallow Legendary Meeper

Jumbo, I've seen good things come from you. You are very active and nice. +1.
    You think my voice is sexy.

JumboAce likes this.
  11. RAULPTY

RAULPTY Celebrity Meeper

+1
    -Very helpful.
    -A nice person
    -Always active.

Jiltism and JumboAce like this.
  12. chrisandmatthew

chrisandmatthew Celebrity Meeper

[​IMG]
    +1 all the reasons above :D

13. jmelara

jmelara Popular Meeper

Yes, yes

+1

Smart
    Responsible
    Dedicated
    Nice

JumboAce likes this.
  14. 1234567890Number

1234567890Number Meeper

+1 YES!

JumboAce likes this.
  15. rhubs

rhubs Well-Known Meeper

+1 Jumbo! Good luck!

JumboAce likes this.
  16. superbros1211

superbros1211 Most Popular Meeper

You have bene doing really well in the time you have been a Helper!
    Definitely deserving of the roll!

JumboAce likes this.
  17. Jiltism

Jiltism Celebrity Meeper

+1, nuff said

JumboAce likes this.
  18. Bob4444444

Bob4444444 Celebrity Meeper

c-c-combo breaker

This is definitely one of the mod apps that I am super excited to see.
    +1
    Jumbo, we started out as friends when I was testing something and accidentally gave you talk power in the lobby (oops :p). I was in your interview and you did amazing. I really wish I had done it. But anyway, the second you got helper, you did amazing. You always did lots of reports and more modreqs than expected. It was great being staff partners with you, and I'm sad that's over. Overall, the app is amazing, you work ethic is amazing, your activity is amazing, and you are amazing.
    Good luck buddy :)

SillySilver, JumboAce and isbg. like this.
  19. Chaase5

Chaase5 Popular Meeper

+1

I told you to apply like 2 weeks ago.

JumboAce and isbg. like this.
  20. abbythrowsstuff

abbythrowsstuff Celebrity Meeper

+1
    Never had issue with you. You're awesome.
    JumboAce does a jumbo workload

Last edited: Aug 20, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.