1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Accepted Best Posts in Thread: joshofosho

1. KlutchDecals

KlutchDecals The Real Ironman Elder

The problem with using others as an example is that not everyone has the same ban history. We judge on multiple things when taking ban length into account. So the reason not everyone gets the same length is because some players are expected to know the rules with the amount of time spent on meep.

Saying "I only used it once" is a complete cop-out. I dont really think you understand the severity of a cheat like that. This is an economy server which strives to keeping a level playing field for all to make money. When you use a cheat like x-ray, it completely gives you an unfair advantage to bring money into the economy.

Thats the dilemma with your bans. You have numerous offences of using exploits/glitches to bringing money unfairly into the eco. Im not saying Im against discussing this appeal, because we certainly will. I hope you can underatand the severity of using hack clients on a server like Meep and why we take it seriously.

2. joshofosho

joshofosho Popular Meeper

Member Name joshofosho

Additional In Game Names: 1icon1, CopyZone

When you were banned: 5/26/15

Reason for ban: X-ray

Ban Length: Permanently

Staff member who issued ban: Cooleysworld

Why we should consider your appeal:
    Hello staff, helpers, mods, and admins of Meepcraft. Although I was supposed to wait 2 months in order to appeal again, I just wanted to give it a shot and try to re-appeal right now because I just cannot wait out 2 months, which basically is my whole summer vacation, to play on my #1 favorite Minecraft server.

I just thought two months is too long for using x-ray only once. I mean it would make sense if I used x-ray numeral times, but this was my first and last, so please bear with me. Also, I was looking through the 'Denied Ban Appeal' forums and I have found these: http://meepcraft.com/threads/falsely-banned-for-xray.30431/ and http://meepcraft.com/threads/x-ray.25596/. Basically, two guys used x-rays and was only given a 7-day ban. Metr0n0me also told me, he x-rayed once but only received a 7-day ban also. I am just confused on how and why I received a lengthy 2-month ban.

During the past 17 days, I have been really bummed and bored out of my mind because I cannot get on Meep. Meepcraft is nothing like any other server because it is an infinite times better than all of them combined. Meep just entertains me like no other game. Meepcraft actually convinced me to buy Minecraft. My friend recommended me to play Minecraft, so I did. Then the very 1st server I joined was Meep. At this time, I was playing on my friend’s account, but then later I was really intrigued on how fun this server can get, so I decided to dedicate my time on this server and buy myself a Minecraft account with my own money. I know some people will say “Oh, it’s just a Minecraft server, there’s so much more in life.” Yes, of course I know this, but this server is one of the things that keeps me entertained. We all need entertainment.

Now, I am not here to try to make you guys sympathize with me because that is really dumb, I am here to tell you guys that I am sincerely sorry for using the x-ray mod and I absolutely understand that I was completely in the wrong and I brought myself into this situation, BUT.. I can promise everyone on Meep that, one, I am now 100% fully assured that I have learned my lesson due to the fact that I was given a 2 month ban and, two, I will never break a single rule again. You’ve most likely heard this from thousands of other players, but knowing that I could receive a harsher punishment now, I now know the serious consequences and as of now, I will be very cautious about my actions and think twice before I do anything. In conclusion, all I wanted to ask is for everyone’s forgiveness because I, _joshofosho, will never, ever do anything contrary to my promise ever again.

Please give any other information you might think is useful for us to know: I have really thought about how doing something contrary to the rules is really stupid and ignorant because no matter what, it is never the right thing to do. You guys won’t regret unbanning me. Thank you.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2015