1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Best Posts in Thread: It's time.

1. Summers

Summers Hot Meeper

It's about time I made my own thread for this suggestion instead of posting this on everyone else's suggestion.

The suggestion is. Adding new custom or creative perks as rewards for towny in Minigames.
    Many times have I seen new players come to the server wanting to play some of our cool and unique Minigames but we are lacking players in them. Adding these features to Minigames would cause our current player base to play our Minigames and will populate them for when newer players join the server. This will then get the player to return remembering how many players were playing our Minigames and maybe then he will join towny and become a permanent member of the community.

Edit: Forgot to add.. Minigames would need their own custom currency that cannot be tradable so it would for the player to play the Minigame. But do leave the rewards tradable to add spice to the Eco.

I will reply to all feedback to this suggestion in the comments so please leave constructive criticism.

2. Jwarian

Jwarian Celebrity Meeper

Maybe some sort of "on call" type plugin that would allow players to queue themselves for a minigame while not actually being in the lobby. Kinda like GTA does it, so players could do stuffs while they wait for a game to populate.

Maybe this will help cause the more "regular" players to continue to play mini games. I think your concept for boosting new player retention is solid.
    +1

Epicdude141, FunGUY, KyloMeep and 9 others like this.
  3. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

I think the focus should move from minigames back to towny. Historically minigames have had a very low success rate converting minigame players to towny players. I think we should focus on the gamemode that has traditionally pushed MeepCraft's success, has traditionally maintained the majority of players, and has nearly all of the reasons to purchase a rank, towny.

Minigames should be used as a variance for towny players to do something else but not as a driving force to funnel players into towny, because it doesn't work. Additionally, as someone who generally dislikes minigames, it would not be appreciated if I were pushed to play a gamemode I dislike simply to get more things in towny.

I think to boost new player retention, the goal should be to making the server more attractive to the larger than thought pool of towny-orientated players, instead of the massive and costly pool of casual gamers who simply don't care about towny.

"MeepCraft currently incorporates minigames. These minigames integrated into the Economy experience in the way that players are rewarded with the in-game currency “Meebles” upon winning. The basis behind this previously was that players would join the server for the minigames, and stay for the economy aspect. This is not true, and it was never true."

- Coelho

Last edited: May 11, 2016