1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Is minecraft going to die?

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by PainCakexx1997, May 26, 2020.

?

Will people move from Minecraft To Hytale'?

1. Yes

4 vote(s)
    16.0%
  2. No

21 vote(s)
    84.0%
  1. PainCakexx1997

PainCakexx1997 Squirrel Power!

So when Hytale comes out, will minecraft lose its flavor ? What do people think?

And if you don't know what Hytale is, watch this.

GroovyGrevous likes this.
  2. LordMellow

LordMellow SuperMellow

It looks cool, at least from the perspective of someone who programs in c# (me haha). I am looking forward to fiddling around with the programming.

Edit.

I watched that trailer and now I have signed up for the beta and am hyped xD

BooBear1227, GroovyGrevous and Pmx728 like this.
  3. smk

smk Celebrity Meeper

Looks like a modded Minecraft to me. Knowing that people do not really like change, I don’t imagine it will kill Minecraft. There are some things Minecraft does that is difficult to replicate for what the game is fun, but to be able to have all of those factors would just be copying the game.

in short, I think it will be far, far easier to be a bust than to replace Minecraft in any way. But it could attract players who had quit Minecraft out of boredom in the past

4. Klitch

Klitch

ya it won’t flop but minecraft is minecraft and ideas that deviate too far from the original purpose of the game simply won’t do that well

Marshy_88, qazini, teddypines and 3 others like this.
  5. CluelessKlutz

CluelessKlutz Badmin

Minecraft has experienced insanely high longevity because of its simplistic nature which makes it so accessible while at the same time having a high skill ceiling to generate years worth of content. There’s simply a little something for everyone.

Whether that’s the seven years of technical Minecraft where people have decompiled the game line by line trying to understand every mechanic such as the sub chunk rule, RNG manipulation, chunk loading, etc. or the simplistic nature of minigames and the fun they provide. It can be a sandbox for artistic expression through building structures and maps. It can be the platform for software developers to learn modding and then allowing players to enjoy those mods for years to come.

Other games simply have always struggled to capture the magic of Minecraft because either they copy it directly and fail because there’s no actual improvements over the main game, or they focus on a certain aspect of Minecraft and lose the widespread appeal the game offers.
    Hytale’s client is closed source, so no client side modding allowed. The Java based servers are open source though.

Erebus45, BooBear1227, Meznik and 4 others like this.
  6. Blazetop

Blazetop Popular Meeper

I don't think so, and I don't think it ever will. Minecraft is so iconic that no matter how modernized games become or how many clones of games that people will make in an attempt to overshadow it, it will never get replaced nor forgotten; Minecraft is the pioneer and the main representative of 3D Sandbox games, and nothing else will ever change that. More so that Minecraft has its own unique quirks and complex mechanics that probably no other games can replicate.

Totally unrelated, but there are also a lot more games that have similar circumstances as this. There's DOOM, which is the pioneer of first-person shooters and probably the most iconic amongst all FPS games. There's also Counter-Strike which is the epitome of a competitive and tactical first-person shooter. And there's even Tetris, a block puzzle game which is over 35 years old, and yet still popular and people still play it up to this day! For sure there are a lot of clones that copied each of these games, but are they as well-known as them? Don't think so.

TL;DR - No other games will ever come close to become as good as the OGs because they are an iconic representation of their own genre within the entirety of pop culture and gaming. It hasn't been replaced and it probably won't ever be-- maybe in a million years (too exaggerated but you get the idea).

teddypines and CluelessKlutz like this.
  7. Bloopers

Bloopers Celebrity Meeper

in the end these games will be veyr different i feel like

hytale's main mode kinda feels like a terraria but 3d sorta thing. exploring and looting stuff while also having sandbox crap

mineccraft serves a different purpose than hytale will

teddypines likes this.
  8. IFartOnChilren

IFartOnChilren Celebrity Meeper Elder

It will continue to be a slow and painful death.

9. SurvivingSword11

SurvivingSword11 Celebrity Meeper

very ominous