1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Is Meep's economy suffering from hyperinflation?

Discussion in 'Debates' started by CryogenicNewt05, Apr 18, 2018.

?

Is Meep's economy suffering from hyperinflation?

1. Yes

9 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. No

9 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. alex77034

alex77034 Hey baby, I hear the blues a-callin'

There’s no ‘real value’ of a diamond, or real value of anything. The value of a good is set by the players, and those commodities are bought/sold based on how the price fluctuates. The item values adjust to the meeble worth which is done by the playerbase. (Admin shop has little to no effect).

Marshy_88 and smk like this.
  2. CasualNuker

CasualNuker Celebrity Meeper

I may attempt to raise the price of gold soon

3. J055Y_

J055Y_ Celebrity Meeper

Two words: Admin shop.

Marshy_88 likes this.
  4. CasualNuker

CasualNuker Celebrity Meeper

Enough gold in eco to change it

5. LargeUnit

LargeUnit Celebrity Meeper

oh yea you're right on the money with this one.

i think you might be serious tho?

6. Summers

Summers Hot Meeper

Wait, hello?

Enron, KyloMeep and LargeUnit like this.
  7. smk

smk Celebrity Meeper

In an ideal economy, the prices would change to accommodate for inflation, but the simple answer for our situation is that they don’t.

Instead of prices inflating with the economy, we see competition driving prices lower and lower, meanwhile the physical number of meebles someone has is increasing.

So I adjusted the diamond price to be higher than it was before. But I’m not understanding how you label an item as a Real Value that cannot be changed. Ignore meebles, let’s talk item trades. You would trade for example 10 iron ingots for a diamond (which you can decide this amount by meebles if you want). Towards the end of last year, diamonds started trading for only 7-8 iron ingots. Did it’s “Real value” change? It’s not worth as many iron ingots as before. By changing the price of the diamonds while the iron ingots remained the same, now one diamond trades for 14 iron ingots instead of 10.

Is that false logic? The only numerical value I give an item that will never change is the cost of collection. And if an item overcomes the cost of collection in my opinion, then I don’t collect and sell it. But nothing has reached that point.

8. smk

smk Celebrity Meeper

You cannot edit the value of gold while there is a supplier and buyer with infinite gold and infinite money. If you go lower the price of gold, people will buy it out to sell it to the /warp bank. If you go higher, then people will buy from /warp bank and sell to you.

Can’t change the value of gold atm

cooey, J055Y_, Zesk and 1 other person like this.