1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Improving Meep!

Discussion in 'Denied' started by Bobbybluedragon, Jul 18, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Bobbybluedragon

Bobbybluedragon Popular Meeper

STAFFING Pt.1

So I've been doing a lot of thinking and I believe one of the reasons Meep is going downhil is because Meep's Staff is going downhill. Now this is more or less a suggestions for Fuzzlr if anyone can tell him to take a look if he gets a chance I'd appreciate it. Now, I believe staff should go back to getting paid. Of course not all staff do enough to actually deserve pay so it would be more high staff like Admin's and Tech and such that actually take a lot of effort and time to do. Now Fuzzlr I do understand that meep's money isn't exactly flowing like it used to but, this could seriously help get your server back on the rise. Currently meep has an enormous amount of Staff but hardly any Tech's and Architects. Now this is, in my opinion, because Staffing can be done easily while you are playing Minecraft and enjoying the Rank titles and fame of being on the staff team; However, Techs and Architects have so much behind the scenes work that goes very underappreciated. Basically the Staff's job is a lot of fun to do while Tech's and Arch's are put in their own worlds and given massive projects that take weeks at a time to just finish one. It is almost as much work as a part time job without the pay. Now if we added back the pay we used to have along with the higher jobs, People that had the positions would have a solid reason to put their valuable time, in-between their real jobs, into meep's Development and future. It would be a sort of side job for them to make a little side cash on a fun videogame. If we are being honest we do things we like and are interested in but, we all work much harder for something if it is giving us spending money while we are doing it.

STAFF Pt.2

Now the other issue would be Annual Funding. I believe Annual cuts would absolutely kill you (being fuzzlr). I think a good solution instead would be Rank Cuts. What you could do is have it so each person of a paid rank would get like 2% of a ranks Cut. so when someone spends $200 on Ultimate they would each get 4 dollars. This would ultimately leave you with close to 75% of the cut if you have an appropriate amount of staff.

STAFF Pt.3

In relation with that you have so many staff members that are very inactive and do ABSOLUTELY nothing for meep honestly. I know it isn't the easiest or probably your favorite thing to do but, I recommend a Staff Cleaning. Basically take all the staff members that have been offline for over 25 Days or so and didn't file for vacation or tell anyone, and Demote them. This avoids senseless paying to high staff who no longer Play and clear out space for people would might actually deserve the position. Another way you might go about this same sorta process is, simply not paying someone. If you don't want to demote someone then do it like this; If the said person hasn't been online for 10+ days since the rank purchase then they don't get their cut and you just save money by not paying the inactive staff members.

I really do believe this will motivate staff to be A: more active and B: to actually do a lot more to help the server because it also weights into their payments. I hope you Consider this Fuzzlr and I wish you best of luck with the future on your server.

TOWNY EVENTS!

So I've seen similar ideas on other servers and I feel if it is done correctly it would be an amazing addition to meep! Basically the idea of it is, there are events (Ill explain the two types I have seen before and how you can change them up) that run fully automatically and allow meepers to battle their way through tough challenges for awesome prizes.
    HOW IT WOULD WORK
    So it could either be random locations or Specific locations (But specific locations allows for town camping) and it would spawn one of the many different bosses that soloists or Teams would come from all around to the cords to fight the boss. If the boss is defeated then the winner's would get an Item is either a chest or a portal to another location. This location would be full of mobs or such that would constantly be trying to kill you as you searched a broken castle, or something a bit smaller, through chests apon chests for a chance at a rare items. Now how this would work is on meepcraft.com you'd have to make a page for it to display the possible rewards and only 1 would be released of each type until it is destroyed. If all the items are out then the boss fights would serve for a supply of lesser valuable items but still good loot. Of course the spawned Creations would have to be removed or deleted somehow. Another thought would be a portal to another world. The portal would spawn at the cords and it would take you to a different world with these maps prebuild that will get reloaded each event cycle. A last thing to think about would be making sure all the arenas and Boss fights were equal grounds as far as no flight and such perks that might make it very unfair and less fun. But obviously they would all be PVP enabled.
    (Ideas for the items like LAVA POSIDEN (Spawns Lava like a bucket*not in dispensers or possibly has like a refill where it stores like 8 lava source blocks if you collect like a bucket*and has a good attack) or DEITY BLADE (A very powerful sword sorta like an OP sword) Now of course there would be more but, they would all be a Wonderful Collection item and also be useful to those who don't like collections!)

TYPE 1
    The first type I'll explain is a parkour type. The premise is similar to the End of a boss fight but different. It would be a bunch of platforms and ladders going up to high elevations and it would have chests all over the platforms. They would search the chests for possibly rare items or common loot while fighting Mobs like OP skellies and OP zombies or Leaping zombies. This would provide a challenge but allow solo attempts.

TYPE 2
    This would be more or less the actual Boss Fight. There would be an OP Iron golem or a different cool mob that would be insanely hard to kill and have unusual fighting styles like throwing blocks or rapid fire balls. And the whole time you were fighting these mobs you'd have to be fighting OP skelly's or OP zombies or such similar to the previous one. When beating the Boss room it would let you go into a place to search chests or something similar that has a possibly rare item.

Adding Rare items to meep other than heads and the basics will give people more of a reason to Play! And the fact a good reason to have armor and PVP gear comes back it would allow people to sell their armor once more because currently God Armor is more show and to deflect randomly being killed by skellies. I do understand this would be a lot for meep to handle but we need something new. Meep's Community is dyeing and getting more and more repetitive. Putting something in like this that would keep meeper's constantly on their feet would spice up the community.

NOW GUYS! please keep in mind these are Very rough ideas to improve meep's Work Force and Gaming Experience but Please leave any Additions and comments down below! I'll be happy to look at them all and I will try to respond to as much as possible. In addition these may be a good replacement for a few things such as dungeons or Events or something that is currently broken and needs fixing that could otherwise be trashed.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2018
    Lt_Sponge and alex77034 like this.
  2. SSSoul

SSSoul Celebrity Meeper

Honestly just focus on being a good towns server.. Events for special items are nice and all but it should stay true to what it's supposed to be and what t advertises.

SX1, iKitten, Courtneyyy and 2 others like this.
  3. Bobbybluedragon

The only issue is that is currently meep isn't doing so hot and a lot of things are broken. aside from that, as stated, the towny aspect of meep has no goal, it is getting dry. Currently the only goal is to be richer than the town next to you which isn't a very good goal personally. If they have items that were rare and kept things buzzing then it would allow people to have a goal in what they would do in the towny server.

4. Acoustic Kitty

Acoustic Kitty Meeper

I feel that the staff we have who are active are pretty good. Although, I would like to see a purge where inactive staff would be removed. As for the towny events, I think it's a fun idea but I don't know how many people would do it. How many people go for the chests in the wild? The airship (Is that still existing)?

5. SuperDyl

SuperDyl Popular Meeper

Yeah, what really needs to happen are just suggestions being worked on. Here's luck for a speedy bug clean-out of the new API!

6. CasualMow

CasualMow Celebrity Meeper

So are we paying staff now? We should just pay the techs so they can get more money and then want to work more... If we pay mods, helpers and archs and media it would be bad... Just trust me it wont work well...

Also I agree with the staff purge, we got masterofboom who is like never on honestly, and then you got some others I wont mention..
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 19, 2018, Original Post Date: Jul 19, 2018 ---
    BTW look on the trello... NOTHING HAS BEEN DONE FOR OVER A YEAR ON IT NOW! I think we should either cancel the API update or bring in outside help to finish it.

AwesomeAdoGamer likes this.
  7. Bobbybluedragon

This is a fair point but it would be closer to the dungeon plugin which was very popular. And it would have rare drops which would make people want to go after them a lot more. it is all still a work in progress of course
    Well no, no the whole idea is Techs, Archs, and like Admins get payed. The lower staff levels would be to work your way up to a higher level without much else more for incentive.

AwesomeAdoGamer likes this.
  8. SSSoul

SSSoul Celebrity Meeper

This is the dilemma of the server right now: It's just not attracting new players. EULA hit us hard. Towny used to be based off of trading with other people and building a community in a town, but it's less busy now. Take the head market, which was a lot bigger pre reset. After the reset, with less people on, it's just not as big. Purging a bunch of staff and creating a ton of minigames isn't going to improve it that much.

SuperDyl and Toostenheimer like this.
  9. Bobbybluedragon

The purging staff would purely be for those staff members who haven't been online for the longest time and are simply just dead weight to meep. Also the idea is not minigames, the idea is to extend the towny plugins to make it unique from others to draw new people.

10. Blendyz

Blendyz Hipster for Life ♥

We should just wipe the current admins and bump some smods up to admin ez pz fixed meep thank me later

Courtneyyy likes this.
  11. CasualMow

CasualMow Celebrity Meeper

Ok first thats rude to day you dead Weight but in reality some people like masterofboom should be kicked from the team since he is never on and for a start the only reason is is able to stay on at this point is that clue would be vouging for him to stay on the team, people like Midnight, even though she is so ehh "sweet" and nice, she is rarely on and should leave immidiately, also people like coolys who is basicly never on at this point and klutch who was overseeing the eco before it crashed and still claims to be fixing it even though we have never seen any improvement should be kicked, I think all of them are good people but they just dont do anything at ALL If they wish to rejoin the team they must re apply and go from helper to admin again, I understand again that they are nice people but in Reallity they are the only people who come to mind when you call them Dead weight.

12. alex77034

alex77034 Hey baby, I hear the blues a-callin'

I’ve been thinking lately about meepcraft and frankly I wouldn’t mind if meepcraft cut out many of it’s other gamemodes and just became a simple towns server. The other day I went on a simple survival server with active staff, few plugins, nice and interesting people, and a tight small community that made me long for that on meepcraft. I think at this point meepcraft is trying way too hard to become something it’ll never become and that’s why it keeps on going downhill. If we stuck to the basics and had our priorities straight I think meepcraft would become way more wholesome and inviting rather than hollow and half broken.

To follow on to that, we really don’t need the amount of staff members that we have now and we could easily have half the amount of moderators.

TLDR: It’s time meepcraft takes a step back and just tries being what it excelled at in the beginning. It’s losing the personality it once had and our priorities are on useless things.

SSSoul likes this.
  13. Bobbybluedragon

honestly this is a very fair point. I do see what you are saying in the fact we are trying a lot of strange a new things to be added but as much as a simple towny server would be nice, we still need something to separate use from the rest of the towny servers out there.

14. Courtneyyy

Courtneyyy Admin Princess Staff Member Helper Media Elder

L o l you guys can’t be serious you’re speaking to a brick wall about majority of these things. The staff should never and will never be paid because Meep is completely under. Fuzzlr hardly makes enough money from the server alone to keep it afloat so he pays out of his own pocket. Also, this suggestions has too many things and I’m sure it’ll be denied and you’ll be told to make separate suggestions.

15. Bobbybluedragon

But making Different suggestions spreads everything out. Also it is sorta his fault it went under, He used to pay staff that deserved it and it was all good and dandy but idk why he stopped because the server used to be really great when all the staff were paid and people actually visited.

16. Courtneyyy

Courtneyyy Admin Princess Staff Member Helper Media Elder

Staff never got paid Idk where you got that from. Reggles got paid for a short period of time and dblo got paid for a short period of time.

SuperDyl and CluelessKlutz like this.
  17. CryogenicNewt05

CryogenicNewt05 Popular Meeper

Not trying to get too involved, but we also need to start working on accepted suggestions again.
    Speaking of suggestions, is @LordInateur still working on the new plugin?

18. Bobbybluedragon

Lord is a very busy man with little free time as far as i know but, i do think he is doing what he can.
    I see. Well. I still think it might help the staff and future staff feel more obligated to work harder for meep's sake

19. Bloopers

Bloopers Celebrity Meeper

if u turn the role of admin/other staff into a job they will come to hate it i imagine - right now with it being a volunteer job it brings in people with passion for helping the server instead of doing it because they want money

not really gonna read the rest but thats what i have to say about paying the staff

SuperDyl likes this.
  20. Bobbybluedragon

While this is true, it wouldn't be enough pay to really be a solid reason to put a lot of time into staffing meep. That's why it would almost purely be for admins and techs and archs because they do a lot of behind the scenes to keep meep going. It isn't a crap ton of fun in the first place and that's why we have so many backed up bug fixes and such