1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

I'm going to be honest..

Discussion in 'Denied' started by legendcaleb, Aug 15, 2015.

1. Bloopers

Bloopers Legendary Meeper

then change the name

2. epick8

epick8 The Meme Lord

interesting point. Though maybe terrarium revisions should be looked over because for non competitive safe pvping, we have kitpvp. I think that maybe some revisions are in order. Not a total map overhaul, but invincibility changes and ladder changes. I highly encourage those who don't like the terrarium to speak about it during the townhall meeting today at 7 EST. Though, I do encourage you to be RESPECTFUL about it. :]

3. metr0n0me

metr0n0me Legendary Meeper

This is from a personal standpoint--my views here probably don't reflect the views of the majority of the staff team, but as a frequent user of the arena...

I'm not sure if anyone else has had this issue, but I've been kicked for flying several times after the snowman hits me, leading to a combat log death.

Regarding invincibility: It's so that if you fall in accidentally you won't lose your stuff. However, this is extremely annoying when trying to surprise other papers as you have to wait ten seconds. In order to replace invincibility with a similar effect, I suggest removing the benches by the top terrarium fence, and make a wall you have to jump over in order to enter the terrarium (as opposed to a nondescript hole in the ground).

Regarding the ladders: I don't find it too hard to keep players off the ladders as long as I don't use a bow or a kb sword--obviously this isn't ideal and the ladder side protection should be replaced.

LadyCassandra and legendcaleb like this.
  4. RoyalTea

RoyalTea Active Meeper

The terrarium was originally made for people who wanted to fight, and those who wanted to kill those who went out of the dungeon with loot. A part of the terrariums original purposes is camping for loot, and has always been. And the terrarium is older than god armor... It was simply a place to fight for fun and to gain loot (or loose it), your complains don't really have a proper backing. What you are describing is what you want the terrarium to be made for, what you want is an arena where you can fight 1 v 1 in an ''honorable'' fight.

leodavinci9000 and Draqq like this.
  5. legendcaleb

legendcaleb Celebrity Meeper

No, don't just assume my motives as a stereotypical pvper. All I want is a decent arena so I can fight anyone, whenever I want. I couldn't care less about 1v1s or honorable fights though I do like them. There's a dungeon to go get loot, so why do they come to terrarium and take the fun of god fights away just so little kids can feel safer?
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 16, 2015, Original Post Date: Aug 16, 2015 ---
    Damn those cheeky papers

Dat_Coffee and metr0n0me like this.
  6. metr0n0me

srry thats what i get for trying to type on my ipad

LadyCassandra likes this.
  7. leodavinci9000

leodavinci9000 Popular Meeper

1: IT WASN'T MADE JUST FOR GODFIGHTS, THERE ARE MANY OTHER PLAYERS THAT JUMP IN AND FIGHT.
    2: If you're referring to the arena before this one, its mainly because if a god jumped in, you were 100% screwed, very unlike the arenas before that one. The previous arenas had mountains and buildings to avoid getting shot.

Back in the arena with all the wooden buildings, it was possible that if you managed to get in the buildings from one corner and hold shift the entire way, you could very likely make it safely to the ladders even when the god pvpers were there.

8. legendcaleb

Yes, if you don't like it go to the dungeon or kitpvp. DONT JUMP IN IF YOU DONT WANT TO DIE

ryker26, CreeperCristi and metr0n0me like this.
  9. metr0n0me

Yeah, but its main purpose is god fighting--or at least most of the fights involve god in some way. There are very few arenas where effective god pvping can go on since it's requires such a specialized set of rules and a different arena.

LadyCassandra and legendcaleb like this.
  10. Epicdude141

Epicdude141 Celebrity Meeper

Lol, this right here. Your right, it wasn't made just for OP fights. However, the majority of it is for godfights... it should be made for godfights. Yeah they may not be the majority but they are the people that keep coming back to pvp in it. The people that go in with no armor are the ones that log off 10 seconds later and hop onto mc-serverlist to find a new server.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2015
    legendcaleb, reika, metr0n0me and 2 others like this.
  11. RoyalTea

RoyalTea Active Meeper

For the first part, I made an assumption on what you wrote on all these posts.

And how do they take the fun away? They take the loot away, is the loot the fun of pvp? And that loot they are getting is worth WAY more than what you can get in the dungeon, and it's also less time consuming to do it that way, so it's sort of like what the terrarium has always been, a good place to easily get quick expensive loot. But I agree that the 10 sec invincibility is kinda bs, something like 2-3 sec is more than enough to jump into the terrarium without getting hurt (as using the ladders are quite annoying).

And this is a question, if you only care about fighting in a decent arena with anyone, why don't you go play kit?

12. JoeK

JoeK ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

I'll try fix. It needs to be fixed and I've posted the threads you made to staff. I WILL FIX

legendcaleb, metr0n0me and ryker26 like this.
  13. legendcaleb

Love you bae

14. KlutchDecals

KlutchDecals The Real Ironman Elder

new new terrarium. =]