1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

I expected better, staff team.

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by 7acespade, Apr 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TimtheFireLord

TimtheFireLord Celebrity Meeper

Well I got staff at one point so I think there's been a problem from the get go

2. IGotBored

IGotBored Celebrity Meeper

apparently for "majority of the staff team", longer than a year and a half. I don't support that decision, but why can't we just accept it and move on?

3. 7acespade

7acespade Celebrity Meeper

The issue here is that a random person who made no effort to connect with the community and has been shown to be immature on multiple levels was hired over a seventeen year old who has worked endlessly for three months to become the perfect candidate. She shouldn't be held responsible for the actions she did a year and a half ago, its stupid and violates the very principle of being a staff member. The issue here is the bias going around in the staff team.

Trexy, cooey, Pmx728 and 3 others like this.
  4. TimtheFireLord

TimtheFireLord Celebrity Meeper

I don't see any reason why the staff team would be biased. I highly doubt that they all went "yeah wouldn't it be funny if we didn't accept Munkee's app but we accepted ____'s app am I right guys"
    They probably had their reasons. There is no reason for the staff team to be corrupt.

5. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

The issue with blendycat is that he's excessivly immature, unhelpful, and non-constructive and that's why people are mad about his getting the job - he is in no way, shape, or form qualified in many people's eyes.
    They're comparing me and blendy because people see me as a person who is a whole lot more qualified, yet I'm denied and he's accepted.

00000, Trexy, cooey and 5 others like this.
  6. iiTzJDL

iiTzJDL Legendary Meeper

i got a chance

muunkee didn't

what

Lady_Hestia, Trexy, cooey and 5 others like this.
  7. Shellcode

Shellcode Celebrity Meeper

While i did and do think that Munkee could be a good addition based on what i have seen i have to say that threads like this are of no use, and only cause drama among the community. Really there is no point in having things like this what so ever, be mature and accept the fact that your friend has things the staff team feel they need to work on before becoming a staff member.

8. 7acespade

Spyda, Muunkee has legit been the perfect candidate for three months. She's helped more people than the entire helper team, probably. If you read the application, you'd recognize that the deny reason is just bologna, and basically just dodges the point and says that the only reason she was denied is because she did something stupid 1.5 years ago. Its incredibly biased, and stuff like this should be released to the community's attention.

Try grasping this and telling me this isnt bias.

A 17 year old girl, who has dedicated three months of her time to make her attitude better, help everyone on meepcraft, and connect with the community was bested by an immature kid who laughed at Dawn when his grandfather passed away

9. PeriHeika

PeriHeika Celebrity Meeper

Tell me the point of this thread.
    Drama is so petty, and doesn't get anyone anywhere. Stop it. This isn't going to change anything. I deal with this all day and all night, in real life and on minecraft, and I tell people the same thing.
    If you want any problem to be changed, you go directly to the source. Do not go to people who are unaware of the situation as they will not help you in any way.
    Regardless of what some of you may think about me, I am all ears, and if I do get a private message I will listen and give you the highest quality answer that I can as soon as possible. That is my job.
    I am a helper because you chose me. You are my number one priority.
    As of now, if anyone comments to a drama related thread, I will assume that it is due to the fact that you want attention instead of change.

Shellcode likes this.
  10. lfpnub

lfpnub Popular Meeper

I'm among one of the most experienced players on the server... Yet denied every time. Experience doesn't matter, it's your ability to learn and to teach others that makes a good staff member. /wisdom

11. Lord_Walrus

Lord_Walrus Popular Meeper

Sure, I'll give you that drama is petty, however it does yield results sometimes. If you make a big enough deal about something and get the support of a community, even you can't deny that something may change, and if you do, that would be irresponsible.

Lady_Hestia, Pmx728 and metr0n0me like this.
  12. 7acespade

If I can remind you, you legit made a thread where you asked people to be your child. Thats not just drama, but its the kind of drama that makes you cringe uncontrollably.

I'd love to go to the source, but every single supermod is either ignoring muunkee or viewing this thread and not responding.

Fixing this problem is a priority, but is not the biggest one, I want to shed light on the fact on how preposterous it is that Blendycat was accepted over Muunkee, who literally does better work than any current helper despite not being one. It was not fair for staff to not give a person who changed their act and worked tirelessly for three months a shot at helper when they gave a person who laughed at someones dead grandpa a chance. Its bias.

Lady_Hestia, Niiicck, Khafra and 7 others like this.
  13. alex77034

alex77034 Hey baby, I hear the blues a-callin'

As I posted earlier, I alright said what I thought. But then again, I agree a little with spyda. This just really creates drama. As much as I don't care for it, it will help no one. It's pretty hard to change a staff member's mind after they put something in motion. I mean seriously, this is just pointless. I like that you brought it to people's attention however. Instead of wanting to suggest, or change this, other then inform people, it's better to just inform. I'm not gonna go around criticising everything and everyone, but its not really worth it through my mind.

14. 7acespade

Im asking a high ranking staff member to provide a legitimate reason why Muunkee was denied. Nothing wrong with that.

Lady_Hestia and metr0n0me like this.
  15. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

Aight babe time to quit I can handle it myself shhhhhhh

16. 7acespade

I would have actually done this for anyone, just like I did for Lilstokes suggestion. It isnt right.

Pmx728 and metr0n0me like this.
  17. Skaros123

Skaros123 Otaku Wooden Hoe

Staff team decides who should be helper and who shouldn't -- not you. They have their reasons for decisions, and they probably know things that you don't. If they don't think Muunkee is ready, and Muunkee really wants another shot, then she can keep trying hard and resubmit an app, which I assume is what she plans on doing. When people create these kinds of threads, it creates so much animosity that is unnecessary on these forums.

Iatemyfriends, Klitch and Pmx728 like this.
  18. metr0n0me

metr0n0me Legendary Meeper

Then there is no point in having any semblance of a democratic process if our opinions don't matter.

You guys learned your lessons with Bl4utO, Iheartsummrs <3, etc. Name me one successful staff member who didn't have the community's blessing (I guess slicks, but point still stands).

Lady_Hestia, Pmx728 and Joohy like this.
  19. 7acespade

God, I love this
    I always get broad answers
    "Staff have their reasons"
    Can someone actually tell me what reasons?

Lady_Hestia, Trexy, cooey and 2 others like this.
  20. Skaros123

Skaros123 Otaku Wooden Hoe

No. The reasons are none of your concern. Because you're not a staff member.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
    Iatemyfriends, Trexy, Pmx728 and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.