1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Accepted Hobbs509

Discussion in 'Ban and Mute Appeals Archive' started by Hobbs509, Jul 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hobbs509

Hobbs509 Popular Meeper

Member Name Hobbs509

Additional In Game Names: inom9, HyperSonicCraft, other alts that I no longer have access to (will go into more detail)

When you were banned: I am not super sure, but it was sometime in April I believe.

Reason for ban: Hacking in Parkour

Ban Length: Permanent

Staff member who issued ban: DianaB72

Why we should consider your appeal: Before I go into why you should consider my appeal, I'd just like to tell the whole story from the start. So as many people on the server, I was in need of money. I saw the announcement that runs every so often about doing parkour, and I was like "I might as well give it a shot." So I did this and I figured out that I was actually pretty good. I made it to the end of the balloon fest parkour map and I got the prize with no need to click anything (unlike most of the other maps at the time.) I was fairly excited, but then a thought came to me. I thought that if I relogged, went back down the ladder and up again, I might receive the prize again. I tried this out and it in fact worked. I abused this bug for so long that I made about 2 million in 1 hour. I felt guilty and told the Staff, including Diana, and they solved the issue, and because I told them, I guess I wasn't punished. When they patched it, I was somewhat annoyed but deep down I knew that I had been cheating. Some time passed before I needed more money from running out of my 2 mil (somehow.) I did the parkour again, but because of the cool down, it was ineffective. Again I came up with the oh-so-brilliant idea to try to get alts off the internet, and I found several lists that indeed worked. While using these alts, I realized that I was rushed in an attempt to maximize my profit, so I decided to use a hacked client to help me. Even though the fly option is blocked by NoCheat, you can still toggle it while missing a jump and it sends you back to the last block you interacted with. This was fairly effective since I almost never died from fall damage or lost substantial progress on the map. My addiction to this got so bad that I even used my friend's account (HyperSonicCraft) to hack with. After a while, Diana caught me and banned me, along with all of the various alts I have used. In the heat of the moment, I became defensive and argued with her. I somehow had the right idea to not continue, since if I did it could possibly lower my chances of a possible unban in the future.

Anyway that is the end of the story. Here is why you guys should consider my appeal. I am a nice player to hang around in game (except when things like this happen and I become all defensive and what not) and I believe that I contributed a positive attitude in the time of me playing on the server. I have actually been playing on MeepCraft on and off for quite some time now (possibly 2012???) and if I were to be unbanned I would continue to be a loyal player. I have waited a few months to reflect on my past actions and I believe that I am ready to be allowed back into the community.

Please give any other information you might think is useful for us to know: Not much. I was banned one time before for using hacks, but I guarantee you that it was not me. I understand that it will be hard to believe me that I did't hack since I actually did hack this time, but all I can really give you is my word. Here is the link to my past ban appeal. http://meepcraft.com/threads/hobbs509-ban-appeal.34910/

I appreciate any feedback, and even if this gets accepted or not, I greatly appreciate you guys (Staff) taking time to consider it. Thanks.

2. chaos546

chaos546 Canadian Forums Stalker

This is not your first time using a hacked client on Meepcraft. What should make us believe that you won't repeat your actions, especially because you used alternate accounts to essentially cheat even more money into the server?

3. Hobbs509

Hobbs509 Popular Meeper

I understand that, and that is why I am asking for another chance. I did my best in the appeal to explain my thought process, how it was in the heat of the moment, but I guess when all is said and done, I can just give you my word. I can't do much else since I am banned, and by being unbanned I would love to show you guys how I have matured past the cheating stages of my time on MeepCraft. I bet you guys get a lot of the "I promise I will never hack again" stuff, but that is essentially what I am saying here. Believe me or not, that is all I can really do at this time to try and prove myself worthy of receiving and unban. I also am very honorable (in my opinion.) I could have easily kept abusing the bug that I described in my appeal, but I told Staff since I was guilty. I guess I just wasn't feeling the urge to be honorable when I was in need of money and I knew and easy (but cheating) way to get it. I assure you that I have tried my hardest to change my mindset so that I thoroughly think through all my actions, and in the process hopefully keep that term "honor" in mind so I can make better decisions.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2015
  4. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

Accepted, please make sure to re-read our rules and welcome back.

chaos546, cooey and Hobbs509 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.