1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Helper Application from Scott11B

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by Scott11B, Jul 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scott11B

Scott11B Popular Meeper

Member Name Scott11B

Additional In Game Names: n/a

How old are you? 23

Do you have Skype? Yes

Do you have TeamSpeak? Yes

How many hours per day do you play MeepCraft? (weekdays) 3-4

How many hours per day do you play MeepCraft? (weekends) 5-8

Have you ever been staff on this or any other server? Yes

References: Please give IGN's -Deinen
    -Cooleysworld
    -Soudafat
    -The_Squirrelman
    -Onis_luck
    -Reggles44
    -Kabixi
    -sjoepappentrap
    -Sirrr_Pig
    -btilm305
    -Savvvy420
    -Chaos546
    -abbythrowsstuff
    -SSSoulblade
    -xT3K-

These are just a few of the community members (Also, ex-staff or very involved with staff) who were present as my time as a staff member. Most of these members were present during my time as a Meep Admin.

When did you join Meepcraft? October 2012 (was absent for the better part of 2014 due to work related issues)

Introduction: My name is Spencer Scott (Scott11B). I am currently serving with the United States Army in New York. I have been with the military since 2010, and have served several tours overseas. Prior to serving in the military I was a life guard for about four years for a local pool. Serving and protecting others has shown to be my calling in life.

I enjoy helping others and being there for people to look up to. Someone they can count on to be there for them when they need help. I don't mean to make that sound like the Dark Knight, but it represents what my goal in life is. That is why I serve in the military, and why I chose my prior employment.

I joined MeepCraft shortly after my second tour in Afghanistan as a way to escape and relax. It very quickly became an obsessive hobby and I became very involved with the server and the Staff. After serving with the Staff for the better part of 2012 and a portion of 2013, I had to resign due to 'engagements' with work, that took priority.

I would love to take the time to serve the community again. Especially, since it appears that it has improved substantially since my departure.

Why should you be Helper? -I have extensive knowledge of MeepCraft and Minecraft in general.

-The military has given me extensive experience with problem solving, and processes to make appropriate judgment calls.

-I am currently a Team Leader in the military which places me in charge of four other soldiers. This has developed my leadership skills, and how to delegate tasks appropriately.

-As stated before. I served with Meep Staff in the past, and even held the position of Admin for a few months.

-I have the time needed to set aside to volunteer for staff duties.

-I am friendly towards players and am very reasonable to work with.

-I have extensive experience with major problem makers, such as: Dupers, PVP hackers, Xray, and other hacked client mods. I was part of several "MeepSting" operations that banned several players that were responsible to detrimental damages to the Meep Economy, back during my prior service.

What are your weaknesses? My only major weakness right now is being out of the loop for so long. Some of the newer community members are not as familiar with me, and may not know what to think about my application.

This lack of new knowledge and presence is easily correctable, and it will be within a short period of time; regardless of the final decision of this application.

Please give any other information you might think is useful for us to know: For any information about my prior service, talk to any of the members mentioned above, as well as my work ethic and prior accomplishments.

metr0n0me and ShadowBlizzard like this.
  2. iiTzJDL

iiTzJDL Legendary Meeper

ok sure why not
    +1

Scott11B likes this.
  3. superbros1211

superbros1211 Most Popular Meeper

Those references... But just make sure you know about all the new stuff, it isn't too much.
    +1.

Scott11B likes this.
  4. OrangeNinja3

OrangeNinja3 Celebrity Meeper

+1
    -Active
    -helpful
    -Experiance
    Good luck!

Scott11B likes this.
  5. IGotBored

IGotBored Celebrity Meeper

Absolutely a plus one, you were marvelous before. I do have one concern though, is there any foreseeable event in the near future that would cause you to be gone for so long again?

Scott11B likes this.
  6. Scott11B

Scott11B Popular Meeper

Not that I am aware of. I was previously scheduled for another deployment (to Iraq this time), but other units were chosen to go instead of mine. I live by the rule that "everything is subject to change", and that means down to the last second. So, of course, it's not planned, but it could change at any moment, but that is just the nature of my career. I wouldn't be terribly concerned about it as of right now.

metr0n0me and IGotBored like this.
  7. IGotBored

IGotBored Celebrity Meeper

I totally understand how that can be, so long as it's nothing you can predict then my +1 stands as it was

Scott11B likes this.
  8. BaM_Nitro

BaM_Nitro ஜ۩▬Retired▬ஜ۩

+1
    - I don't know you much but I have heard good things about you and I think you have the potential to be a great staff member.
    - Great app.
    - Just one thing, be more active on teamspeak since I don't think I have ever seen you on there.
    Good Luck.

Scott11B and Bob4444444 like this.
  9. Bob4444444

Bob4444444 Celebrity Meeper

+1
    You'd be a great readdition to the staff team.

Scott11B likes this.
  10. SpongeyStar

SpongeyStar Professor in Wumbology

Hey Scott

I'm giving you a +1. I don't know you much but from reading the application and seeing other people's feedback it's obvious you should be on the team.

- Spongey :)

Scott11B likes this.
  11. Scott11B

Scott11B Popular Meeper

You're right, I haven't been on much at all the past few weeks. To be honest, I didn't think much about TS3, but I'll definitely be on that more. No reason I can't be on TS3 when I'm on Meep!

metr0n0me and BaM_Nitro like this.
  12. RAZR2272

RAZR2272 Well-Known Meeper

+1 from me.

I don't believe we've ever met in game but I've heard great things about you and I'd love to see you as a helper.
    Your app was detailed and I think being in a position of responsibility in a hazardous environment would rub of on the
    work you do for meep!
    Hope I see you with the word helper next to your IGN next time we're both on!

Scott11B likes this.
  13. funkyrainbows

funkyrainbows Double Rainbow

+1

Scott11B likes this.
  14. SillySilver

SillySilver Celebrity Meeper

Only problem here is that I've never seen ya before, or even heard about ya. Others says that you're good and talented, so...
    +/-

Scott11B likes this.
  15. Bob4444444

Bob4444444 Celebrity Meeper

If you've never seen or heard about him, and you're just basing your vote off of others, do you really need to comment on the application?

By the way, I think you've never seen him because of a timezone issue. He's been on quite a lot lately, so it's probably just different schedules and timezones.

metr0n0me, superbros1211 and Scott11B like this.
  16. alex77034

alex77034 Hey baby, I hear the blues a-callin'

A definet +1! I remember you as a excellent staff member. Your application was strong, and gave a wonderful impression of you. You've been very active lately also. Once again, great job. I and some other people would definetly want to see you as a staff member again. Again, +1 all the way.

17. SillySilver

SillySilver Celebrity Meeper

Weird, I've been staying up to like 4am this weekend and I haven't seen him once…its kinda a bummer.

But seriously, some people also base their votes around others opinion, I'm not the only one...

Scott11B likes this.
  18. Scott11B

Scott11B Popular Meeper

No worries guys. I understand where SillySilver is coming from. I was hesitant to make the application for this soul reason. I've only been on a few weeks again. However, I have been on persistently. I've logged in several hours every day. My schedule allows me this opportunity right now, and I have been taking full advantage of it.

I agree with you both as far as posting. You didn't +1 or -1, and you stated a legitimate reason behind you neutral vote. Your opionon matters and there is no reason you shouldn't post it.

Again, I have to agree with B0b4444444 as well though. Don't base that opinion off of other people only because they said. That's the mentality of a follower and not an independent leader. I don't believe you did that here SillySilver. You took other peoples opinions into your decision and created your own based off of all empirical evidence. That is the smart thing to do.

19. Forest

Forest Popular Meeper

I have never talked to you before but because of what most of the people say I am a +1

20. NewZealandMaori

NewZealandMaori Popular Meeper

+1 An amazing player very active and a very positive you have great potential to become an amazing staff member if not admin again :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.