1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Helper Application from riri30

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by riri30, Feb 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. riri30

riri30 Retired veteran

Member Name riri30

Additional In Game Names: None

How old are you? Sixteen

Do you have Discord? Yes

How many hours per day do you play MeepCraft? (weekdays) 3-10

How many hours per day do you play MeepCraft? (weekends) 2-10

Have you ever been staff on this or any other server? Yes

References: Please give IGN's @NinjaRoxy, @onceuponajano, @KlutchDecals, @Kling, @lanekids40, @Noahnda, @Muunkee, @GroovyGrevous, @Courtneyyy, @CluelessKlutz, @Cooleysworld, @Midnight_Galaxy, @OKNEM, @KyloMeep, @bloodyghost, @Pmx728, @iKitten, @Vexena, @Legend Emerged (L_E_), @AdrianIsEpic, @Lady_Hestia, @creepersareokay, @Splasho, @Achrow, @Qazini, @Alexxx, @alex77034, @YuuMeep, @Bfy, @_EggsBenedict_, @Melynarra, @Jess_4Ds, @Zarduck, @DBLOSEVN, @smkorpi, @Lilliya,
    @EllieEllie, @Its_Madison, @Viperfan17, @twister307, @junelawnchair, @LordInateur, @MasterofBoom, @ScaredyPants

When did you join Meepcraft? September 2012

Introduction: Hello!

My name is Lucas, known to most of you as riri30, riri and several other names.
    I am from Geneva, in Switzerland, where I have spent the vast majority of my sixteen years.
    Throughout my life, I have had the privilege to try many sports, such as skiing (which is THE Swiss sport), basketball, and most recently kiteboarding on a competitive level. In my free time I earn a living through kiteboarding trips, working with sponsors, and giving instructional classes to beginners. During school weeks, I work as a barista in a family friend’s restaurant. This is not my dream job, but, it suits my needs.

I joined Meepcraft in September of 2012. I stuck around for two years, setup a town with my brothers and had to leave in the beginning of 2014 due to personal reasons which did not allow me the time to be active anymore. Three years later, in the beginning of 2017, I joined Meep again, and discovered everything that had changed while my time away; new staff members, new mini games and new people. After having taken some time to adapt to all these new additions, I decided to apply in June of that year. I was accepted, and that marked the beginning of my Meepcraft career. I spent a few months working on projects, and helping different groups, all while keeping a decent modreq count.

Unfortunately, I was demoted in September after a bad decision that I had made, which was to leak a part of a Slack conversation. I recognize my mistakes and I sure will not commit the same bad choices twice.

Nowadays, I spend my time running through Mistveil, and chatting in the Towny world. I also recently picked up skyblock again, which keeps me busy and gives me a goal.

Why should you be Helper?
    Calm tempered
    While I sometimes can be over-the-top around people I know, I am able to adapt my behavior according to what I’m doing. This makes me efficient and serious while representing the server. Work for me is a priority, and I will be sure to take it seriously and do my fair share as I have shown in the past.

Communication
    In a team, I deem the most important component of being successful to be communication. During my last run, this was something I often forgot when tackling projects, though I now have had the time and chance to learn how to better communicate my thoughts. I also participated in a debate recently, which gave me insight in what techniques work best and taught me how to organize my thoughts in a constructive and organized manner. Additionally, this taught me how to view opposing points and meet people half way.

Activity and Timezones
    Living in Switzerland, GMT+1 and +2 because of DST, I have the opportunity to service multiple time zones both with and without other staff members. There are plenty of times, as demonstrated in my previous application, where I log on to no staff members for hours at a time. I believe that during my time on staff I was a good in-game asset, due to my in-game activity, which allowed me to maintain a good modreq count, and the diverse timezones I play in.

Work ethic and teamwork
    When I start something, I get it done in a timely manner to the best of my ability. When starting a project or a modreq or anything on the server I complete it in the same way I do in my personal life--with quality and goal oriented objectives. This has allowed me to reach several of my personal goals these past few years. I do not recall one time where I had to leave in the middle of a modreq, which made me reliable when it came to completing any current task. Out of game, when working in team groups, I tried to focus on communication and achieve the best result in the quickest way which often gave results within 24 hours.

Community partner
    I feel I have a strong bond with the community. Meepcraft from the standpoint of an outsider is a remarkable community that has lasted years, something to be proud of. Though some staff members connect themselves, a lot are distant and focus on outside of the game work, which is equally important, though I find having a good community bond improves my own results.

What are your weaknesses?
    Immature
    This is a weakness that affects a good amount of players in many different ways, though mine stands out because it’s rather the fact that while with friends, I tend to loosen my vocabulary to something more familiar, without being vulgar. This also is partially because I tend to speak my mind, which is not always a good thing, but tend to feel more at ease around people I know.

English and GrÅmER
    Though this is not a big issue, it’s not the best thing ever when, while in a modreq, you tell someone to “tri to reinstal ur klient”. Though this is obviously pushed for the purpose of the example, but my typing skills aren’t great and my vocabulary neither, which is why I sometimes am frightened of oral interactions. I guess I will not be writing for the Meeptimes!

Please give any other information you might think is useful for us to know:
    If you haven’t already, I would recommend that you read some of my past applications, where you will find additional information about me.

If you have any questions, please contact me on Discord ( ADyakitori#4575 ) or by mail in game!

iKitten, agnd, qazini and 3 others like this.
  2. Pmx728

Pmx728 Legendary Meeper

+1

You are committed and I have no doubt in my mind that you will be an amazing Helper

riri30 likes this.
  3. KyloMeep

KyloMeep Mipha's Grace

+1 Great staff member and person in general

riri30 likes this.
  4. ZestyWheathin

ZestyWheathin Celebrity Meeper

Thanks for typing that for me :)

iKitten, riri30 and KyloMeep like this.
  5. lanekids40

lanekids40 Popular Meeper

+1 would love to see you back on the team!

riri30 and ZestyWheathin like this.
  6. MasterTurtle

MasterTurtle Popular Meeper

I thought I was supposed to be a ref xD +1

riri30 likes this.
  7. FamousZAmos

FamousZAmos Popular Meeper

Eeeeeehhhhhhhhh
    You're a great guy but What can you contribute to the server that nobody else can?

SpongeyStar and riri30 like this.
  8. SpongeyStar

SpongeyStar Professor in Wumbology

+1

you're great person all round

don't call me pongee

riri30 likes this.
  9. CryogenicNewt05

CryogenicNewt05 Popular Meeper

you were good as helper even tho you resigned or got demoted so +1

riri30 likes this.
  10. agnd

agnd is a steely-eyed missile man

+1 Definitely deserve helper!
    Nice Application, good luck!

riri30 likes this.
  11. riri30

riri30 Retired veteran

Something I can contribute other than my ideas is my timezone and activity. Not only the unique timezone but the hours I play set me apart and allow me to cover different time areas, while no other staff are on.

12. Kling

Kling Break blocks not hearts

We need more in our timezone.

13. Noahnda

Noahnda Celebrity Meeper

+1 You are a hard worker, polite, and always a pleasure to interact with! Best of luck!

riri30 likes this.
  14. CryogenicNewt05

CryogenicNewt05 Popular Meeper

what time zone are you talking about?

15. riri30

riri30 Retired veteran

Central europe, around GMT

16. FamousZAmos

FamousZAmos Popular Meeper

[Q
    Thought you were from Switzerland
    as for the app, I'm a +/-, you're a good dude but there's not any skills you seem to have (except just a unique timezone) and most people from sb say you're not a great team player. I think you'd be a good helper, but you have some stuff to iron out before you'd be mod-material.
    (as far as unique skills, you care about skyblock right? Not many other current staff do as far as I know)

SpongeyStar, Enron and riri30 like this.
  17. riri30

riri30 Retired veteran

I am, though Switzerland is only one hour ahead of GMT, and two in winter for DST.
    Though it is definitely true that I have done much less than both @Vexena and @Magnoot on the island because I came well after it’s creation (my island had a wither incident...) , I have always been available to both of them for all sorts of tasks to hopefully pull my weight around the island, whether that’d be building a part of an iron platform, or farming iron for hours and giving Magnoot the money to improve the island, either to buy new spawners (when they were available) or for simple expansion.
    I definitely do not have the same skills as maybe other members of the team on some aspects, but I think I stick out in others. I believe one of them is my creativity, which is why I create several google documents regarding large-scale suggestions (PM me if you’re interested in seeing one of them, I’ll send you a link). Another one is my swift work delays, as mentioned in my application. I do quick, but yet efficient work.
    I definitely agree that things do need to be reviewed before any promotion whatsoever, but also think these things will just come with time. I am in absolutely no rush for any sort of promotion, should I even become a Helper.

Thank you for your answer!

OKNEM, iKitten and FamousZAmos like this.
  18. CasualMow

CasualMow Celebrity Meeper

I agree to some parts of this, 1. I have yet to see you on within 8 days in tab so most likely your not very active much 2. The ONE TIME I talked to you, you told me to "Go away" 3. We need less people in european time zones and more spread out like PST And stuff line japan time zones too. -1
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 1, 2018, Original Post Date: Mar 1, 2018 ---
    How to fix: 1. Be nicer to those meaner in the community e.g. Me,.... Crap I forgot others. 2. be on ALOT more and play with people :)

19. riri30

riri30 Retired veteran

Hi Mow!
    First of all, I’d like to point out that I have literally been online around some 310 days out of the past year, my activity is certainly not an issue, though our timezones are drastically different.

If I did say it in that manner, I am sorry it got to you, my intentions were certainly not to hurt your feelings, though this was following a message of yours in global that I deemed was extremely indecent. Again, sorry if I said that, and if it got to your feelings.

Thank you for your reply, I will look out to be more compassionate in the future!

Best regards.

FamousZAmos likes this.
  20. CasualMow

CasualMow Celebrity Meeper

Ok so heres a updated list
    1. Appologising makes me a +1
    2.But this time zone thing makes me a -1 becouse I should still see you on if i was on extreamly late and i am on late to finish the Capital project right now so that makes me a -/+
    So if you want me to be a +1 i need you to awnser me this riddle
    If i was to say Spam incoherent German into local chat (I have actually done this before) and you were there what would you do?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.