1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Helper Application from Qaztar

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by Qaztar, Oct 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Qaztar

Qaztar Celebrity Meeper

Member Name Qaztar

Additional In Game Names: Incorruptable99, 1qazwsx44, StarfireQaz (Incorruptable99 was first account, 1qazwsx44 was second and I have changed it twice.)

How old are you? 13

Do you have TeamSpeak? Yes

How many hours per day do you play MeepCraft? (weekdays) School Weekdays: 2/3 hours, Summer Weekdays: 3/4 hours.

How many hours per day do you play MeepCraft? (weekends) School Weekends: 4/6 hours, Summer Weekends: 5/8 hours.

Have you ever been staff on this or any other server? Yes

References: Please give IGN's @Zoe89, @TheRealWoohoocheese

When did you join Meepcraft? April 20th, 2012

Introduction: Hello everyone! My name is Liam, but here on MeepCraft most of you know me as Qaztar or Qaz. I live in the Bay Area of California (Near San Francisco). I have been on this server for 3 years and 7 months, and was introduced to it by my IRL friends bob2779 and Danehohmeyer. I go to the same school as them and Zoe89. I’m in 7th Grade.

I really enjoy skiing, which I do a lot because I am on a team. I also enjoy programming, whether it be programming mods for Minecraft or just some small brick breaker game. My favorite subject is really technology in general, but science is awesome to me (Especially space science).

I like to joke around and be funny, but if a time requires me to be serious, I will become serious immediately. I was Helper once before on MeepCraft, and I had a lot of fun. All of the staff were forgiving if I made a small mistake, like banning (For example) Incoruptable99 instead of Incorruptable99, or if I banned someone with the reason of “Stealing” and not “Theft”. I was extremely grateful for the joking side of staff. But I also respected the seriousness of being a staff member, and the responsibility. I knew that it was not good to joke around too much, to make too many errors. Unfortunately, I started slacking off. Mini-games became more fun for me then answering modreqs, so I was demoted. I started spending my 6 Million Meebles on things like mansions and castles until I finally just got bored and left the server. Around 3-4 months later, Zoe89 asked me to just come on and say hi. I got on, said hello to everyone, and started realizing that I had really missed MeepCraft. I checked my meebles and found that I had only 75k. So I joined a town, and set out to regain my money. Around this time, Zoe89 got Helper, and I seriously thought about becoming a staff again, for a couple of reasons. The first is that I want to give back to this server. Even after donating and paying 230 dollars, I still don’t feel like I have given back enough. The second reason is that I want others to feel what I’ve felt. I want them to experienced what I experienced, I want them to join the community and see how amazing it is. I feel obliged to show others this amazing server, so they can know what it feels like to be part of an amazing community.

Why should you be Helper? I think I should be Helper for a good amount of reasons. These reasons are my Experience, Empathy, Plugins/Prism knowledge, Commands, my Dedication to MeepCraft as a whole and finally my Forums Activity.

Experience: I’ve been on this server for a while. I have dedicated many, many hours to it, and in my time I have seen many great people rise up on the server, and sometimes eventually fall. I remember back when Pimpkachu was just an Exclusive, and when I raged when I thought he had hacked to kill me. I remember watching Alien_Venom grief Rosenows statue with a pink mustache, and I remember Rosenow lavaing spawn, and how hilarious it was to watch everyone freak out. (Luckily I didn’t have my good stuff on me when it happened). MeepCraft has really taught me everything about this game. I learned how to PVP in MeepColonies, and my way to make money was jumping around spawn, getting to good places and then selling TPA’s, which is how I learned to parkour. I’m very experienced on MeepCraft as a whole, and I have been a Helper before, so I know what is and isn’t acceptable.

Empathy: I’ve been told by a lot of people that I have a high level of empathy. I can really understand what a player feels in a situation, and accurately decide what to do. I can help new players out, and show them the ropes of each world. I know what it is like to log in one day and discover that all your stuff is gone, or that your plot has been claimed by someone else, or any situation that occurs. I can use this skill to calm players down, and to make sure they know that the situation is under control so they don’t panic.

Plugins/Prism: I have never used Prism in game, but I have gone to the site and learned all the basics. I understand that knowing how to use plugins is an essential in staff, and especially knowing Prism is because it is the staff’s main tool (Like HawkEye was when I was a Helper). Even though I have never used Prism in game, I am a fast learner and I believe I will be able to figure it out pretty quickly.

Commands: I’ve played around with commands so much, that using them is as easy as saying hello. Even when I play on other servers (Which is rare) I find myself accidentally typing /shout. I especially know Towny commands, but I definitely know enough commands from the other sections of the server to help out. Also, having been Helper before, I already know most of the commands for staff. This will help me answer modreqs in higher quantity and quality.

Dedication: I’ve played this server for so long that it has become a serious part of my life. I’m currently dedicating around 70% of my computer time on MeepCraft, but that will go up to 90% if I become staff. I really want to show new players that this server is the greatest that has ever been created, and I also want to make sure that players stay on Meep. I have many hours that I can spend on MeepCraft helping out, and I will use all of those should I become Helper.

Forums: I very much like browsing the forums, from checking out suggestions to commenting on other staff applications. I know basically everything there is to know about the forums, and if someone would like to join the forums I will be able to direct them here. I check up on forums many times a day, and really enjoy just hanging around, looking at threads. If anyone needs any help with the forums, I can easily assist.

All of these I see as strengths that I can bring to the table if I become a Helper.

What are your weaknesses? Immaturity: I can be immature sometimes, whether I am being too over-dramatic or if I am joking around too much in a time that is serious. I will work on this problem constantly so I can be serious in any situation that requires it, and to be able to help anyone at any time without causing them to panic.

Teamspeak: Currently, my Teamspeak activity is pretty low. There is a couple reasons for this. The first reason is my headphone and microphone jacks are both pretty messed up, so from time to time the go out, and I need to do this weird switch thing, which takes a minute. The more prominent reason is really my shyness. In real life (Zoe can tell you) I talk FAR too much. But on Teamspeak I start feeling really self-conscious and I talk very little. I really definitely try to improve upon this, and I'm working on getting my courage up to speak.

Laziness/Slacking off: As I said in my introduction, I was demoted from Helper for lack of modreqs, after doing them wasn’t as fun as playing a minigame or chatting in /shout. I feel that since then I have become much more mature and have greatly decreased in my laziness, but I will still work on this weakness to completely eliminate it.

These are all weaknesses that I believe I can overcome, but currently are still possible things that may affect me if I become staff.

Please give any other information you might think is useful for us to know: Conclusion: Thanks for reading my Helper Application! If you haven’t, don’t feel guilty, I probably wouldn’t read that entire thing either. I think that, using my experience, my dedication and my knowledge of the server I would be a great addition to the staff team. I have my weaknesses like all of us, and I will work on them constantly so they don’t affect me or my modreq count. If you want, give a +1 or a -1 or a +/-0. Feedback is also very much appreciated, so I can improve. I also know that in my last application it seemed like becoming a staff would only be something to keep me occupied so I didn’t get bored, and I apologize if that is what it seemed like.

Thank you again!

-Qaz

iMelXP, cooey, GroovyGrevous and 2 others like this.
  2. Zoe89

Zoe89 ℓιgнтωєιgнт ςяαzу

+ Application
    + Activity ig, and forums
    + Maturity
    + Experience

- Ts Activity

There are some more things that aren't related to Meep, cuz you and I go way back, but all outside-of-meep bias aside,

+1.

Qaztar likes this.
  3. GroovyGrevous

GroovyGrevous Break hearts not blocks

+1
    Mature guy, friendly, active

LadyCassandra and Qaztar like this.
  4. n00bslayer_99

n00bslayer_99 i like kebab

Active and helpful around the forums. Definitely up for giving you a shot. +1

GroovyGrevous likes this.
  5. Qaztar

Qaztar Celebrity Meeper

Thank you!

GroovyGrevous likes this.
  6. xXAdotXx

xXAdotXx Bibliophile Extraordinaire

Hai Qaz!
    I honestly thought you were a few years older than you actually are. You're super mature in game from what I've seen. Obviously you have lots of experience which automatically makes me feel like you'll be good at this. Although, how can we know that you won't slack off and get demoted again? You've stated it as a weakness, so I worry about that. Nonetheless you are very active in game, and I wish you the best of luck!
    -Adot
    +1

Qaztar likes this.
  7. _Gimble_1.

_Gimble_1. Popular Meeper

+1, nice guy, you are helpful ingame, and you treat people respectfully.

Qaztar and Jess_4Ds like this.
  8. shains

shains never stop fighting

Honestly I barely know you but your app does well in introducing yourself and clearly explaining why you would be an asset. I love how articulate you are. +1

Qaztar likes this.
  9. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

Very chill guy to hang around with, I swear you and Zoe are twins...
    I don't see a reason why not.
    +1.

Qaztar and Zoe89 like this.
  10. Bob4444444

Bob4444444 Celebrity Meeper

+1
    I see nothing but good things from you, and I have no doubt you'll be nothing but positive for the staff team.

Qaztar likes this.
  11. SSSoul

SSSoul Celebrity Meeper

+1 above

Qaztar likes this.
  12. Qaztar

Qaztar Celebrity Meeper

Yep, like I said, me slacking off is a possibility, but one I'm pretty sure has almost completely gone away. Thanks for the feedback!
    Thanks for the feedback!

13. shains

shains never stop fighting

Accepted for interview.

Qaztar likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.