1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Helper Application from Noahnda

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by Noahnda, Mar 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Noahnda

Noahnda Celebrity Meeper

Member Name Noahnda

Additional In Game Names: N/A

How old are you? 18

Do you have Discord? Yes

How many hours per day do you play MeepCraft? (weekdays) 3-4

How many hours per day do you play MeepCraft? (weekends) 4-5

Have you ever been staff on this or any other server? Yes

References: Please give IGN's NinjaRoxy
    CluelessKlutz
    EllieEllie
    Smkorpi
    Flamedemond2
    Its_Madison
    Pmx_ (Pmx728)
    Alex77034 (SnorBear)
    TheHeadHunter1
    Riri30

When did you join Meepcraft? Sometime before 1st reset, 2012/2013.

Introduction: NOTE:
    (1) The majority of this application is my original application, with slight alterations according to what has changed within the last year. I did not find it necessary to completely rewrite an application considering much of it still holds to be true, aside minor updates.

(2) To some this application may come as premature, given that I have only been fully active on Meep again for a few weeks. In your review, please consider that the last time I was on the Staff team I resigned because I believed I could no longer fully commit. For the same reason, I would not apply if I did not intend on sticking around. I just enjoy a more active role, and figured why waste time on my attempt.

Thank you!

About me:
    Greetings! My name is Noah, known as Noahnda, and I have been a member of the meepcraft community for several years. I am currently in my final year of high school with new and exciting things to come! I enjoy camping, hiking, and basically anything outdoors. There is just something about connecting with nature, and the peacefulness of the outdoors that draw me in. Above all I love helping other people and giving back to the community. I am involved in several Non-Profits as well as community benefiting groups.. If you are interested specifically in how I serve please feel free to PM me, I would be more than happy to share! When you can help others, and bring something positivity into the world, it is a special feeling. In a world where there is so so much negativity and disarray it is always nice to take a step back and see what you can do for others. Other than that, I have been currently working on teaching myself how to code and generally improving my knowledge in computer science. This is a particular area of interest to me and I hope to learn more as time goes on.

My time on meep:
    I have played meep since before the first server-wide reset, so I am quite acclimated to the server and how it operates. Although there have been major changes over the years the same essential aspect that keeps me coming back for more is still around, the wonderful community! While not everyone may always get along or do what is right, I think the fact that people still play and revisit the server every so often attests to its significance. Originally when I first started playing I had a small town with my two little brothers, cool31085 and aaron64179, which was a great time, back when I thought cobble houses were cool. It was very different back then, before the reset, and overall I had a different perspective because of my age. Staff were generally looked up to as individuals who were respected, were reliable, trustworthy, and definitely cared about the server. This particular outlook makes me hold receiving a staff position on a high standard. Regardless, my experience was positive then and still is now, years later.

Why should you be Helper? Past Experience:
    In the past I have had the privilege to staff on multiple servers, ranging from helper, a starter rank, to administrator. Most recently this includes being on the MeepCraft Staff team as a Moderator, until I resigned. The resignation, in good light, was because I felt I could not commit to my job, insuring the best job possible. These particular opportunities have allowed me to become familiar with several key aspects of server moderation. First, I know essentially all in game commands in relation to player moderation, help, etcetera. When it comes to doing lookups, rollbacks and the many more capabilities of Prism and other logging plugins, I am no stranger. Additionally while admin on another server that used the forums software Xenforo, same that Meepcraft uses, I became quite similar with the advanced admin user panel as well as the general moderation aspect. I have dealt with answering suggestions, complaints, feedback, and staff applications.

Positive traits/skills:
    Some positive character traits I believe I embody are listed below. Each has a corresponding reason why I believe I embody that trait, and an example of when it was applied.

Leader
    Reason: When it comes to taking charge I can do so with ease and usually earn the respect of those who I am working with. A major part of leading is being able to listen and let each team member take part in what is going on, equally.
    Example: There are several examples in my life where I have had the privilege to lead. The most significant way is through various Non-Profits I am involved in. There have been multiple occasions in which I was overseeing and mentoring 9+ individuals to insure their success. This, among other times, has taught me invaluable leadership lessons. If you are interested in precisely what groups these experiences occurred (and more details), please feel free to DM me.

Problem Solver
    Reason: When a problem arises I am not one to stand by without working towards a solution. I have a relatively creative mind and work well with others. With these two particular aspects I have no issue confronting an issue, and developing a logical and well-balanced fair solution.
    Example: An example of this would be when I was helping run a school food drive. Collections were low so I was tasked with finding an incentive for people to donate. My solution was to work with Wal-Mart to match the collected items pound for pound, which ended up working fantastically.

Understanding
    Reason: Having lived through many different experiences I have developed a great understanding for what others may be going though. When looking at a situation I always look at the problem from both sides of the table, in an attempt to fully evaluate what is going on before reaching a conclusion.
    Example: In a team decision making situation the other group members wanted to reach a conclusion without reviewing why this individual was swearing at a team member. I had to reason with the group to look at it from both sides because the individual was in the wrong, but to a less degree considering they had aspergers and lacked certain “people skills”

Accepting
    Reason: Having been exposed to many different lifestyles, people, and overall beliefs I consider myself a very accepting person. My father was a legal immigrant to this country and had to learn English from the bottom up, I do not poke fun at younger children or those with disabilities and or certain disorders. Whether you are rich or poor, black or white, gay or straight, excetera, I will treat you with respect. Everyone is at a different point in their walk of life, we are all human.
    Example: On several occasions I have been the sole friend of many individuals on some Minecraft servers because they were different or generally not liked for various reasons. Of course sometimes there are legitimate reasons to dislike an individual, but, I believe in second chances and actually getting to know someone. Learning where someone is coming from and why they do what they do is very important to me when it comes to full circle interaction.

Good Communicator
    Reason: In this particular area I am quite competent. When it comes to tough topics, dealing with people, handing confrontation, addressing PR problems/challenges, and generating an overall positive image I believe I get the job done effectively and properly. In context, I am extremely acquainted with Slack, the primary communication tool of the MeepCraft Staff Team.
    Example: I was tasked with finding a solution to increase community interaction and activity. The issue identified was that they did not feel they had a significant role. It was decided that the best way to resolve this was to open avenues in which the community could provide feedback and become a larger part of the picture. This was extremely effective and overall increased engagements.

Qualifications Summary:
    Driven, Experienced, Helpful, Kind, Understanding, and Caring.

What are your weaknesses? One of my weaknesses would be standing my ground if I am really confident about something. This can be good in a sense, but bad if I am actually wrong and in the process just prolonging finding a solution or continuing the conversation. To put this into context of Minecraft if I thought that something was one thing and was extremely confident about it, then I would be likely to maturely argue that point.

An additional weakness is that often times I tend to be blunt about issues. As a result this can come off as being rude which is not the intent. I am a very literal person and believes in following the rules. Overall I am a very honest person so if you want the hard truth, or an unbiased opinion I can certainly do that.

Please give any other information you might think is useful for us to know: I look forward to meeting some of you who I may not have met, and hopefully interacting in and outside of the game. If there are any issues, questions, or concerns that I can answer I would be more than happy to.

cooey, Robot2065, qazini and 6 others like this.
  2. FamousZAmos

FamousZAmos Popular Meeper

You're a pretty great dude but we have a LOT of staff right now, (an overwhelming amount, there were four low-staff online today in off-time, there's been up to 8 during primetime) and new applicants are held to a very high standard of activity and skills, not just personality. I think you have the right traits, but I'd like to see you in game a bit more and see what you can contribute that nobody else can. I'm a +/-, some older players might remember things I don't know.

spelling as a weakness? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    (this is a joke man we're all good)

OKNEM, Enron and Noahnda like this.
  3. iPolarFlame

iPolarFlame Popular Meeper

I love your application, lots of details and good length! +1 :)

Pmx728 and Noahnda like this.
  4. Courtneyyy

Courtneyyy Admin Princess Staff Member Helper Media Elder

I can’t tell you how much a great application makes me happy, so kudos to you on a great one. I don’t care that your app may be “premature” because I disagree in making people, who’ve been a vital part of the community, wait weeks and weeks to apply for a staff position they know all about. I enjoyed our time as staff before I know you’ll be a great addition again! +1 goodluck

5. lanekids40

lanekids40 Popular Meeper

Im a +/- as well. you just returned and like famous said there are way too many helpers right now. However next time some helpers get promoted ill be a +1

Noahnda likes this.
  6. Spiderjel

Spiderjel Popular Meeper

0+1=+1 You'll be a great staff!

Noahnda likes this.
  7. smk

smk Celebrity Meeper

You already got all of my comments and replies.

+1

Noahnda likes this.
  8. TheHeadHunter1

TheHeadHunter1 Popular Meeper

Didn't even read the application because I knew it was gonna be fantastic, I've known you for a while and I know you wont let meep or anyone down. You've been staff before and you had an impact and we need those types of staff members.

+1

EllieEllie, Pmx728 and Noahnda like this.
  9. CryogenicNewt05

CryogenicNewt05 Popular Meeper

Hi Noah, even though I have only known you for a few days, I am +1

Noahnda likes this.
  10. Pmx728

Pmx728 Legendary Meeper

+1

You are a down to earth, friendly, honest, hard working individual and I believe you will be an amazing mod like you were before. The app shows dedication and I hope to see you back on the staff team. To all those saying we have too many staff, how would adding him to the team negatively affect the server? He is already experienced and he would be another guy you can trust to help with projects and can properly do modreqs.

Noahnda likes this.
  11. riri30

riri30 Retired veteran

You’re great, easy to talk to, and you might be the friendliest person on Meep.
    +1

Noahnda and Pmx728 like this.
  12. Alexxaaa

Alexxaaa Celebrity Meeper

+1
    you're awesome and cool.

Marthacuddles, Noahnda and Pmx728 like this.
  13. Shellcode

Shellcode Celebrity Meeper

I have had the chance to work with you personally before on a whole bunch of different things and I can vouch that you are a good person, leader and would make a great staff again. You have the eagerness to learn on top of the very important qualities of a staff member as exhibited in the past which I feel is an important part of working with a new staff team like you would be if you were accepted again. You devote a lot of your time to non profit projects and I remember discussing some of them with you a while ago, and I feel that this is a big point as well since you go out of your way to help those in need. Overall with all of the staff apps in lately I think this is one of them that staff should really take a close look at. You're a good person and would make a good addition to the staff team. +1

Splasho, Pmx728 and Noahnda like this.
  14. EnergyAssassin

EnergyAssassin nerd Staff Member Administrator

We've been talking in discord, you're a really cool guy. I can tell you're intelligent and I like your ideas to help the server. +1

Pmx728 and Noahnda like this.
  15. NinjaRoxy

NinjaRoxy Guest

Would be a great addition to the team +1

iKitten, Pmx728, riri30 and 1 other person like this.
  16. FamousZAmos

FamousZAmos Popular Meeper

team needs demotions like an afk kick or something xD
    People are saying you were staff before. You don't seem to have been demoted so +1 if we could trust you before, we can trust you now, right?

Noahnda likes this.
  17. DarkKnight49x

DarkKnight49x ⏦ ❀ The True Dark Knight ❀ ⏦

Now, although there is kinda the debate whether we should get more staff or not due to there being a lot currently, something we should note is that the current player base is growing.

So, nice that you've finally applied Noah. I like the app in general. Of course, most applications submitted by applicants once again usually tend to be the same, only with a few tweaks here and there. Love it whenever someone posts that what they love the most is helping others, and thats the mindset a staff member should always have. We've both known each other as staff and it was a nice time.

However, I do have the negatives I like to see. Of course, the one thing that is bothersome is that you did come back recently. Thats not to say that you're not gonna be active from here on out. But you did come back recently. Later in the future, there could be a time when you have to resign again, which, if I recall, you were only staff for a month. Whats not to say that the same situation could occur again? It'd just seem like a mistake to take you back if you stay once again for a month. Just something to point.

Now, the other thing concerning this, besides my other thought which concerns certain people (won't say but I know they'll most likely know who they are), is that you wouldn't really make a contribution to the team in my opinion. Yes, you have knowledge from staff before, and thats a huge plus. But what makes you different from all current staff? Everyone can be helpful and lead a team (besides certain people of course). To me, I just see you as someone who would just contribute to the team by just doing modreqs. Even as staff, I don't recall you doing much in the team, and if you did, it was probably with the group that we all know of that tends to keep things to themselves.

I'm rather picky about this really. I'll remain neutral, though I lean more towards a -1. If you can answer one question though, could change my vote. Though it doesn't really matter.

What can you contribute to staff that no other staff can do currently?

(Little side edit that connects to having a lot of staff. Currently, we kinda do need staff, but more on the European timezone, rather than US)

OKNEM, iKitten, GroovyGrevous and 2 others like this.
  18. CasualMow

CasualMow Celebrity Meeper

+1 I HAS FOUND ANOTHER STAR TREK FAN! FINALLY! Also why am i got a recommendation add me

Noahnda likes this.
  19. Noahnda

Noahnda Celebrity Meeper

Hi DarkKnight,

Thank you for your well drawn out and in-depth reply, it is greatly appreciated. I just wanted to clarify a few things you stated, and hopefully answer your question in regard to what precisely I can contribute to the staff team.

1. As stated in my application I now again have the time to be a staff member due to senior year quickly drawing to a close. From here on out I have a very good idea of what my schedule is like, and what I can and cannot commit to. In short, I would not be resigning as quickly as I previously did.

2. I disagree on the notion that MeepCraft is creating a mistake every time a staff members is accepted and only stays for 1 month, 2 months, ect. Every current and past member of the staff team is a volunteer, and regardless of how much time they put in, their effort and time given to Meep is appreciated.

3. I would have to kindly also disagree with you in regard to me being only able to contribute via modreqs (What I basically derived from one of your final paragraphs). Personally given my current real-life experiences I have been equipped to help out on a Minecraft sever. Please do not take this angle as being cocky or even boastful, I just particularly know that I do have the skill set to offer unique and comprehensive solutions to server issues. I believe my application reflects this--I currently work on multiple large scale projects and events. Yes everyone can be helpful and lead a team, however only some can lead a team successfully and bring about organic and creative solutions.

4. During my time on staff I took every opportunity given to me. I think anyone can attest that I kept my modreq count high and when it came to server, discord, and forums moderation I did everything I could. If one is simply to look up my past posts they will see numerous replies to various threads, issue/ban/ect reports. Any opportunities presented from new projects, trello tasks, and greater responsibility were and would be met with the appropriate initiative. To say I did not do much while on the team I believe is an unfair statement.

Thank you again for posting!
    Noah

cooey, Kling, iKitten and 4 others like this.
  20. SpongeyStar

SpongeyStar Professor in Wumbology

hiya!

you're a really fun and nice person to be around, from what I've seen, but..

like dark said, we already do have quite a number of staff in the US timezone. I know this can be helpful at peak times, if you're gonna join the team what difference will you do? I don't really see you as being someone standing out as of now but it won't hurt to give you a shot at interview - like you mentioned, you're working on large scale projects and events - that sorta thing is good, instead of doing modreqs (not that modreqs are bad, all hail modreqs). :)

plus, you recently came back, so I do hope you stick around.

good luck!

Last edited: Mar 2, 2018
    Noahnda and Courtneyyy like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.