1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Helper Application from BooBear1227

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by BooBear1227, Apr 15, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bloodyghost

bloodyghost local haunt

Don't know you very well (by reading this thread it seems I've missed out) but it's pretty apparent even from a distance that you're a very accommodating and considerate person. One of the sort of people that when I see them interact with others make me wonder "why aren't they staff already?"
    +1

qazini, riri30 and BooBear1227 like this.
  2. GingerManOWNS

GingerManOWNS Selfie Master! BOW!!

+1 May seem biased because how close we have gotten over the years, but you are so helpful when it literally comes to anything. It doesn't matter if it's an IRL issue or IG issue you are always willing to help. You never once ever make it seem like its a bother when someone ask for your assistance. When I got the text from Bob that you put the application up I was like I have to get on and read this book ASAP! <3 You'd make an amazing staff member even with the changes. Good luck! Forgot to include you're extreme knowledgeable when it comes to most things! :)

qazini and BooBear1227 like this.
  3. Natsu

Natsu Celebrity Meeper

+1
    Very excited for your run.

BooBear1227 and qazini like this.
  4. boombox123

boombox123 Celebrity Meeper

+1 very kind and helpful

5. Saiyer

Saiyer Celebrity Meeper

+1

Always been a good person and friendly to other people. Your application is well written and you already have experience so the transition into staff should be swift and smooth. The right kind of person this server needs for staff.

GroovyGrevous, BooBear1227 and qazini like this.
  6. Courtneyyy

Courtneyyy Admin Princess Staff Member Helper Media Elder

Boo! You’re more than capable of handling the ins and outs of being a staff member. I’ve had the glorious opportunity to work beside you and you are and have been been such a great role model for those around you. The willingness you have to jump in and get things done is desperately what the server needs in a time like this when things are changing. Your work ethic is really something else and I can’t wait to see how well you do as a staff member once again. Thank you for touching on the “extra time” which is something I’ve also been mentioning, it’s nice to see you’re dedicated regardless of what’s going on. Great job on this app as being someone who also writes books as apps I really enjoyed it.

+1, go do big things girl!

P.S. your tech skills could also offer different views and ideas as well if they could potentially utilize your expertise in that department.

7. fasehed

fasehed Celebrity Meeper

+1 I've seen you name around for years and would trust you.

BooBear1227 likes this.
  8. ldaffodil

ldaffodil Popular Meeper

+1 BooBear1227 best bear.

Seriously, I've played on this server along side her for several years and have always known her to be a extra positive, mature individual. I wish we had 10 BooBear1227's!

Forget helper, BooBear1227 for president 2020!!!!!

9. PuckMiner

PuckMiner Celebrity Meeper

+1
    Most overqualified person for this job. You are one of the most genuinely good people I have ever met. Everytime I log on, you are always so positive and uplifting, and radiate that to everyone around you. I had the pleasure of working with you as staff way back when and even first as a helper you contributed to the staff environment vastly, pushing everyone to go farther and help more. Can't wait to see you as apart of staff!

10. Exiarules

Exiarules Meeper

+1 This is my first ever comment on a thread, and I can't think of a better place to comment for the first time. Boobear is one of my favorite people on meep, in the short time I have gotten to know her on the server, she is one of the most loving, caring, and team-oriented people I know. She is always willing and ready to help, even when the task is undesirable. If there is anyone who deserves to be a role-model staff, its her. Also, she is one of my best bred customers.

Adrian, BooBear1227 and qazini like this.
  11. Jwarian

Jwarian Celebrity Meeper

I have been friends with BooBear on Meepcraft for as long as I can remember. If you remember me from back then, think longer. I can count on my hand the number of people I would bother logging into the forums to write a +1 for, however I feel a tiny bit more is deserved….

I outlined a few key metrics that are typically indicative of a “great” team member. Although this is buried well into this application I do hope some of the higher staff read this and understand how important these qualities are to staff, current and future.

1. Honest and Straightforward.

+1 I cannot think of very many people I have ever met on this server who are as qualified in this aspect, being part of the staff requires trust as the members are privy to sensitive information about other players and the server itself. Mistakes have been made in the past in this regard with other staff members, the server and its players have paid the price dearly for these errors.

2. Shares the Load.

+1 It is not just about helping new players and banning the occasional aberrant individual, a great deal of importance should also be placed on how one improves the staff team as a whole, after all the team is only as strong as its weakest link.

Being part of the team requires one to actually like the team they are on, be liked by the team they work on, as well as possess a willingness to “work” with and around the other team members, regardless of their own personal convictions, biases, and beliefs. BooBear does this casually to all players many times at her own detriment, as in the past being a staff member only strengthens this resolve.

3. Reliable.

+1 She IS someone people can count on. I can say with certainty that BooBear sacrifices more of herself to this server and it’s players than almost anyone else I have seen thus far, so much so that it pains me to remember that prior staff have abused this quality in the past. Luckily the current team seems to be more caring and loving than years past, after all that is one of the reasons I am playing currently.

4. Fair.

+1 When dealing with players I can’t really imagine to many people willing to go out of their way to give them the benefit of the doubt or “more chances”. BooBear relentlessly tries to see the best in everyone and to treat them as such. I did have to round up because she does sell herself short when it comes to giving herself credit for her merits and there are plenty, but as with all humbly intelligent individuals that is a battle to be waged within. Being part of such a supportive and tight-knit team makes me think there are plenty who will shine the light on these when needed.

5. Complements Others’ Skills.

+1 If any of you don’t know BooBear’s skillset or her strengths, you are either new to the server or have a single brain cell. For many people life seems as though it is a never ending uphill battle that will never end, and if we are alone we often decide that walking uphill is a waste of time, however once we discover that someone is walking with us, it merely seems like a trip. BooBear does this for so many people by on the server even for those whom others deem unfit for such compassion. Sadly her weak spot is her commitment, it is too great.

6. Good Communication Skills.

+1 This is a key part to being staff, it is not about wanting to be staff, or just wanting to help, it is about being ABLE to function well with the other staff. From my ballpark count ~100% of staff enjoy this individual on a daily basis and look forward to interacting with her. This did not come easily, years of interacting tactfully with nearly every person in chat and while previously on staff resulted in this quality. This one of the most important things when building a strong team and you would be fools to let this person sit out.

7. Positive Attitude.

+1 Encouragement is paramount to helping others through their strife, many of you on here have undoubtably been helped or encouraged by BooBear in one way or another, whether you’re a young kid with issues at home, or just someone with a desperate need for distraction. In nearly ever instance BooBear has forfeited her own time and mental well-being to lift others up. Need more proof? Just read every post written before this.

TOTAL:
    +7

Co-incidentally it is her 7th year on the server, hmm.

Jackl01, smk, ZestyWheathin and 7 others like this.
  12. LordMellow

LordMellow SuperMellow

+1
    Great person, full of energy and has also helped me, and I'm a helper xD. Definitely would be a great addition to the team!

13. jcbetro1011

jcbetro1011 Celebrity Meeper

I may not know you too well personally, but I can tell by your application and the myriad of positive comments on it that you are a kind and wholesome person which is always beneficial for the staff team (especially if they accept VKL lol jk). You also have loads of moderation experience already from when the server had hundreds of players on so there is not doubt that you are fit for staff. I have not found any reason to dislike you nor have I found any reason why you shouldn't get accepted.

-(-1)

Congrats in advance since I'm 99.9% certain you're gonna get it!

14. HotAsianBeans

HotAsianBeans Celebrity Meeper

You seem to have all of the intangibles and knowledge that make a good staff member. Only issue would be if you'll continue to stay active post covid-19.

15. ZestyWheathin

ZestyWheathin Celebrity Meeper

You’re very professional and extremely kind, +1.

BooBear1227 likes this.
  16. shiroppy

shiroppy Celebrity Meeper

Every time I have an interaction with you, you're very kind. You are also very knowledgeable, which would be a good addition to the staff team. I can't wait to see you on the staff team :)

17. LordInateur

LordInateur Deus Ex Machina Staff Member Administrator

Accepted for interview. Best of luck!

Jackl01, Bob4444444, Saiyer and 7 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.