1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Helper Application from agnd

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by agnd, Apr 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CasualMow

CasualMow Celebrity Meeper

+1 I have had long nice conversations with you and you seem very nice!

agnd and Adrian like this.
  2. Zesk

Zesk Well-Known Meeper

sigh, it was just a joke dont take it so seriously, your in the wrong here

+1 you a good guy even though we had some altercations I hope you get what you want

agnd, Courtneyyy and Adrian like this.
  3. agnd

agnd is a steely-eyed missile man

Well, Vex's reasoning was justified and it's just her opinion, there's no need to be mad about it.

iKitten, smk and KyloMeep like this.
  4. Kling

Kling Break blocks not hearts

Post your opinion on the applicant and leave it at that, thank you.

agnd, Toostenheimer, iKitten and 3 others like this.
  5. Flamedemond2

Flamedemond2 Highly flammable

Hey agnd, I'm glad to see you've applied for the helper position.

To begin, I wanted to address your in game behavior. From what I can tell, you're very helpful to those who have questions in game as I do occasionally see you answering questions and concerns in global. I've also seen that you do carry yourself in quite a mature manner, especially for your age, which I think just on it's own is commendable. Overall I think you do a great job of being active in game and helping out those who need it.

When it comes to forums, I definitely think this is somewhere you could improve. Being an active member in game, while important, is not the only place where I believe activity is necessary. A lot that goes on with staff is dealt with on forums, so actively being apart of the forums community is important. I have however seen that your forums activity has improved recently, so keep it up.

Now to talk about how you spoke about your app in game, I personally find absolutely no issue with it, as it's not like you were specifically advertising people to come +1 it. I'm not sure who came up with the stigma that it looks bad to talk about it in game, but I heavily disagree with that idea. I personally believe players should be allowed to discuss applications in game as long as it's done in a polite and respectful matter. Anyways, I'm not going to let that influence my decision on how I believe you'll perform as a staff member.

To speak to the app, I think it was very well written. I can clearly see you put in a lot of time and effort into writing this and you should be very proud of the way it turned out.
    I genuinely laughed at this.

Overall, +1

agnd, cooey, Courtneyyy and 8 others like this.
  6. iPolarFlame

iPolarFlame Popular Meeper

Helpful. Well-known. Positive. Knowledgeble.

+1

agnd likes this.
  7. Kling

Kling Break blocks not hearts

From my conversation with you it seemed you did not understand the role of a moderation staff member and I said to talk to me again about it when you may have a different focus. With the amount of staff members we have in that timezone we ought to have it covered. I am positive we didn't even reach over 40 players on a peak time which I believe is the time your play if I'm not mistaken, 1 staff member can handle alone that amount at the very least but if there are staff members that are constantly afk when logged on in your time by all means shoot me a message.

Achrow and FamousZAmos like this.
  8. Achrow

Achrow Celebrity Meeper Staff Member Architect

You are a really nice person in-game and funny too. You have good ambition and you have pride and confidence in how you see yourself which is really important for a role which will help and take control of situations. Even if we have enough staff members in the moderating area of the staff team i think there is room for one more! +1 from me!

riri30 and CasualNuker like this.
  9. Blue_Marlin

Blue_Marlin Popular Meeper

You know, I never understood why staff gets onto people when they post something about their application in global. It actually irritates me when staff will -1 an app simply because they posted something about their app in global (sorry Vex, not trying to pick on ya). But honestly, when applying for staff it can be exciting, you get impatient & want to see what people have to say about you possibly becoming a staff member. I can understand if it’s excessive or something but something small like this!?

Anyway, +1, your app was really good (I actually didn’t read it all because i didn’t want to but I read a good portion of it) what I did read & skim through was great. You’re a great person to play Meep with, ive seen you helping others in game & are always having a good time, goodluck!

cooey, agnd, Adrian and 3 others like this.
  10. twomoo1119

twomoo1119 Celebrity Meeper

+7

agnd likes this.
  11. Vexmae

Vexmae Royal-Tea Staff Member Mod Media

Okay, since I wasn't properly addressing of my points, and I have gotten terrible blacklash from everyone with what I have said, I haven't seen you chat hardly with anything that I could see a helper doing, so I don't see anything that makes you stand out to others, I haven't had a proper experience with you as a player, and seeing that out of all things what else was I supposed to think? I personally think we have enough staff members for now, but if you can show what makes you stand out and why you should be accepted and I may change my mind, my vote is neutral.

App in itself was great, didn't see any issues, your forums activity is good, I don't see any issues why you shouldn't be a staff, but we can't go around accepting players just because of these key points, we need diversity and that is something that I would like to see

12. CryogenicNewt05

CryogenicNewt05 Popular Meeper

+1, you were good helping me out when I was assistant in PolarTown
    --- Double Post Merged, May 7, 2018, Original Post Date: May 7, 2018 ---
    What do you mean by "diversity"?

Blue_Marlin likes this.
  13. alex77034

alex77034 Hey baby, I hear the blues a-callin'

I do agree with some of the points you made. I think we already have enough moderation staff, so tell us why you’re different and how you’d offer something greater to the team @agnd.
    --- Double Post Merged, May 7, 2018, Original Post Date: May 7, 2018 ---
    I think she means that we need more staff that have different and unique skills, and also different timezones. While agnd might be suitable for helper, vex is trying to see if she has any traits or skills specific to her.

14. nhjed

nhjed Celebrity Meeper

I’m going to get crucified because I’m siding with an unpopular opinion but why should this person get a pass, while the other people who got denied for this reason didn’t? What justifies one person over the other? I’m sure you can find a good person who’s made the same mistake and was denied.

I think it’s more of a fairness thing instead of a “why does this exist” thing and honestly I totally agree with this:

When I filled my application out for student class officer in Student Government Association I got denied merely for not having my mom’s signature on the paper, instead my mom emailed her with strong evidence of her consent and everything. She specified how she wrote several signatures down on a separate piece of paper for the multiple clubs I intended to join. I got 27 student signatures, 5 teacher recommendations, even a signature from the principal — yet I was still denied because my mom couldn’t sign the paper only bc she was physically gone for 2 weeks (application time span).

I agree, this is a Minecraft server and nothing matters, but at the end of the day if you can’t follow the basic rules for applying, regardless of what the platform is, why should you be handed the position?

If anything, denial for this reason should be a learning experience for this person for the future.

@agnd I don’t play on the server, but seeing you debate in the forums you seem pretty intelligent for your age and expected maturity. +o.5

Last edited: May 15, 2018
    FamousZAmos and OKNEM like this.
  15. lanekids40

lanekids40 Popular Meeper

its not a rule tho

Zesk, Courtneyyy and FamousZAmos like this.
  16. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

Its not a rule. its a made up restriction made up by the community, not the staff team, and was eventually seen as a norm for everyone to comment. Nothing is wrong with mentioning your app, so long as its not like "go +1 my app haha" or some dumb crap.

its not a rule. it was never a rule.

17. nhjed

nhjed Celebrity Meeper

please tell me who said the rules have to be stated on the rules page for it to be a rule lmao

define a rule for me

noun:

one of a set of explicit or understood regulations or principles governing conduct within a particular activity or sphere.

staff are players. players are authority. players run this server. fuzzlr only administrates and profits off it. democracy

whether “the community” made it or not, I can assure you, many people have gotten denied for this reason, which is the bigger reason to deny it, mainly what I implied in the statement you chose to ignore. or atleast, if they were denied & they did adv their app, I can guarantee that would’ve been apart of the reason

if it’s looked down upon, shouldn’t you know not to do it? if you didn’t know that much, why are you applying for a position on this server? in reality people in the future are just going to say “he advertised (which is more or less what he did, bringing attention to his app) and got accepted. staff standards are uber low?”

he literally said to accept my app. joking or not, if I were two say this 3 years ago when my application was up, I sure as hell would’ve been denied.

I’m looking at both sides of the spectrum because that’s how the application process should be. Vexena was not entirely wrong in what she was getting at, and she didn’t seem good at executing a pretty strong point, a great portion of you are bird brained and always side with the majority. "Backlash" is irrelevant - whole server could be against me for all I care, if I see a good point I'll add onto it.

it’s about fairness and the way you put yourself out there, mentioning your application is a call for attention undeniably

does my application to Microsoft have to state that I cant have a felony? does the applicant know that other people with felonies have gotten denied? I know it’s not comparable, but you get the jist

edit: my apologies for the excessive commenting but this could ultimately help staff make a decision

Last edited: May 15, 2018
    OKNEM likes this.
  18. Courtneyyy

Courtneyyy Admin Princess Staff Member Helper Media Elder

Advertising your application has not been and will never be a rule. Regardless of hearsay and whether or not it’s frowned upon. I, myself don’t really give a rats behind if you advertise your app.

This isn’t an argument needed for an application because at the end of the day the decision isn’t made by the community.

For the applicant, +1 I think you can handle the job of helper and all it entails.

bloodyghost, iKitten, agnd and 2 others like this.
  19. cdhoff

cdhoff Well-Known Meeper

Wait... You're 14? With how you compose yourself, I would have thought at least 20+

+1

riri30 likes this.
  20. CluelessKlutz

CluelessKlutz Badmin

Accepted for interview!

Sqreix and riri30 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.