1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade
  1. minetifa

minetifa Celebrity Meeper

Skiziboo - Saved Part Lists - PCPartPicker

Is there anything I could do better with a 2100 budget while keeping a black/white theme? (i dont want to paint parts)

I wanted to keep a strict Black and White theme, and with such a high budget it wasn't very hard. I would opt for the AMP! 1080 instead of the one I have, but it's only a few dollars different + I would have to paint the yellow bits white.

Case is obv not needed, but it looks very nice, and again; budget.

The wifi adapter and thermal paste are completely unnecessary, but I had a little more money to throw in lol.
    (the wifi adapter is in case my cat chews thru my Ethernet cable and I don't have $15 at the time to get a long cord lmao
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 21, 2016, Original Post Date: Nov 21, 2016 ---
    Aesthetic matters more to me than shaving money off the build. Keep that in mind.

2. Wiggle_Waggle

Wiggle_Waggle Popular Meeper

O my! No watercooling?!?!??

3. iGwampa

iGwampa Popular Meeper

1. Lower your montior prices, those are some prices monitors, no reason to spend 200 each on them.

2. With the extra 200 you will get by downgrading montiors, you can buy another graphics card.

3. Get a water cooler for your CPU, you will need it and it will generate alot less heat.

4. Thats about it, nice build

5. I have bad experience with that wifi adapter, id consider a different company

4. minetifa

These are the only somewhat affordable 1080p 144hz monitors, and they have 1ms lag. I need these monitors for what I plan on using the PC for.

There's no reason to get another GPU, either.
    Water cooling isn't needed, either. I have a lot of spare case fans and fans laying around, so my PC will be fine. Plus, I live in Huntington Beach, CA. It never gets over 90 degrees here, so there's no worrying about that. Add all of that plus almost constant air conditioning in my house, and flashy water cooling can wait until I have money for a whole custom cooling setup.

5. BlackJack

BlackJack Celebrity Meeper

Those are fantastic monitors, totally worth the price. Especially if OP needs them. No need to get another GPU, and water coolers aren't necessary, especially the god-awful AIO coolers everyone grabs.

Are you planning on overclocking at all?

2leah2 and minetifa like this.
  6. minetifa

Yes, not instantly tho

7. BlackJack

Are you doing editing of any kind? Otherwise I think you could cut back on the CPU a bit and grab a nicer SSD. Otherwise there's not much that needs or would benefit from a change. Maybe coolers, I'll look around for something else.

8. minetifa

Yeah, I plan on continuing to stream and make youtube videos. I also do a lot of work in photoshop, so that also kinda helps my justification for such a nice processor. And yeah, I need good white coolers. Or nice black/white coolers. Like I said, aesthetic > price.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2016
  9. BlackJack

Put you about $30 over what you originally specced. You did fantastic. Thermal compound isn't that important compared to getting a larger cooler, if they dont send you a little tube then grab a cheap one at your local Fry's or Microcenter.

BlackJack - Saved Part Lists - PCPartPicker

Lilliya and minetifa like this.
  10. minetifa

ah yes thank you

and i know a decent amount about pcs and pc parts, which is why im ok at building them (and why i offer to help others with their builds, as well)

BlackJack likes this.
  11. BlackJack

Ya I just like dishing out compliments when people do good. It's not too common around here.

Lilliya and minetifa like this.
  12. minetifa

lol i know, rip

BlackJack likes this.
  13. Marshy_88

Marshy_88 Celebrity Meeper

Let me find the link, I got a wifi adapter for my raspi and use it on my PC now for less than 10$.

This looks like what I have, it works well.
    150Mbps 150M Mini USB WiFi Wireless Adapter Network LAN Card 802.11n/g/b CC | eBay

14. SpongeyStar

SpongeyStar Professor in Wumbology

yes you could buy a banana and clog the kitchen sink with it

minetifa likes this.
  15. minetifa

duude
    thank you!
    i love you...

SpongeyStar likes this.
  16. SpongeyStar

SpongeyStar Professor in Wumbology

my suggestions always work ;)

minetifa likes this.
  17. buttfly29

buttfly29 Popular Meeper

Asus moniter, I likey but damn thats way too much to spend on them

18. BlackJack

You must not understand how different they are from your run-of-the-mill monitor.

19. buttfly29

buttfly29 Popular Meeper

I know how good they are -_- I have one myself, basically anything I own is asus besides my Phone

20. BlackJack

You have one, yet you say it's way too expensive? You should know that's one of the cheapest out there.