1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

HazTheMan99's Staff Application: Helper

Discussion in 'Denied' started by HazTheMan99, Jan 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HazTheMan99

HazTheMan99 Celebrity Meeper

In Game Name: HazTheMan99
    Skype Username: Live:hhharry
    Teamspeak Username: HazTheMan99
    Mic use: definitely!
    Timezone: UTC/GMT (UK Time)
    Hours online per weekday: 5-7

Hours online per weekend: 9-14
    Position Changes: Citizen to Helper please.

Introduction:

Good Evening MeepCraft community, that’s a smart tie you are wearing! My name is Harry Hardcastle, but you can call me Harry or Hazamon. I am dedicated to serving MeepCraft at the highest standard possible, I would strive for peace in the community and this is only possible behind the controls of a Helper rank, although I run my own dedicated Bukkit server that is situated 25 miles from my home in a 19" VM rack at my mates datacenter, I do find allot of time to come to my favourite server - MeepCraft. As I said, I have a Bukkit server with virtually the same commands as his server: including HawkEye, Essentials (all the stuff like /feed, /fix, /speed), worldedit (but I don’t see why I’d need that skill as a helper), I even have the modreq plugin and many more plugins that I’m familiar with. I am in all the top classes at school therefore I will be outstanding when doing the important job of a helper.

Why you should be Helper?

It will benefit the server greatly having me on their team because if we put or minds together we can accomplish anything - in this case having more staff will allow us to share our views and perspectives on different situations. The server will be a more friendly environment for people as I believe non-PG content should be eradicated and moved elsewhere (that's a metaphor meaning I will try and punish allot of people for their wrong doings).

Changing the stereotypes:

Being helper isn't always about punishing people who dupe hack or swear, its allot more complex and that’s why its only given to people with the correct qualities and values. The helper rank is a giant leap from citizen towards a brighter future for the whole of the server. People often take helpers for granted and moan at them and say they are rubbish then ask for a mod instead, this is not the attitude that all players have and ALLOT of the players are kind and caring towards staff members. I have a positive attitude towards every human being whether they are undermining my capabilities or not - I take every opinion into account and always listen to everything that people have to say which I believe is key to being a helper.

Being Helper is my dream:

Honestly I cannot simply hide the fact that; ever since I bought a Minecraft account I have looked up to staff members and asked them for guidance and always promised myself that I will be too mature enough one day to take on the job. Now here I am applying for the very thing that I have been fantasizing about.

As said before; I know most of the commands as I have had experience before with them. Did you know that only 1 in around 45 get picked for a staff rank on MeepCraft (rough estimate). When people choose me out of a crowd specifically to do a job, it raises my self esteem because if they picked me it means I’m good enough for the job. This doesn't mean that I take criticism bad, I take criticism awfully well and build from my mistakes and to be perfectly honest, I'd rather not be picked for something and be told why then be picked for something and not be told why I'm good for the job.

I wont be lazy:

I have seen staff in the past skip the harder modreq's and do lots of easier ones to look like they have done more than any other staff member. I promise you with my word that I am not that kind of person. This speaking: some staff members give less harsh punishments to avoid entering it in on the forum log. Again, I am not that kind of person.

Weaknesses:
    This may compromise my application but knowing what weaknesses your 'employees' have is key to them getting the job.

I have been childish in the past and have said a few things and that may make me seem immature but I’m 14 now and I have matured allot since I joined this server back on that 27th July 2013, being older makes me feel more mature as well, which gives me the work motive to be a truly magnificent staff member who many will look up to obviously a rank doesn’t give you respect, you have to earn respect by doing the job correctly and that is what I’ve set out to do.

Forum activity: There is some logic to this one. My current forum status is Member (out of the ''new member'', ''member'' and ''active member'') I do need to work on my forum activity, yes, however the helper job requires a firm amount of forum work and posting therefore if I do get chosen to join the wonderful staff team of MeepCraft I will definitely achieve the ''Active Member'' status. I have seen many other staff members in the past turn into active members by doing their job properly and posting.

Conclusion:

I am delighted to have found MeepCraft as it will always have a place in my heart and I am simply trying to be a part of what it could be in the future and what it is today. Thank you for taking the time to read this post as I worked hard on it and am willing to work hard on many other things if I become a Helper.

HazTheMan99

2. Klitch

Klitch

Hey Haz! I don't see you ig but I'm on EST time though. I can't really say much about that. Your forums activity is alright but it needs some improvement. I don't see you on ts... But then again... Different time zones. I can't really say much about you so I'm a +0/-0

Good luck man! ;)

HazTheMan99 likes this.
  3. OrangeNinja3

OrangeNinja3 Celebrity Meeper

Hello HazTheMan99!
    Pros:Active,nice,friendly

Cons:maturity might be a little of a problem, but that will most likely improve.

Overall I am a +0/-0

Good luck!

HazTheMan99 likes this.
  4. adtheren

adtheren Popular Meeper

Honestly, I haven't seen an improvement since your last application.

In my eyes, you're still immature, and your numerous attempts at staff are seen by me as being desperate for power. I've seen you beg for money to keep your town up. I may be wrong about this, but I'm pretty sure it was you.

Why should we pick you over others?

Jackl01, Lady_Hestia and HazTheMan99 like this.
  5. chaos546

chaos546 Canadian Forums Stalker

I think this pretty much sums up most of what I could've said. However, I'll add a little more onto it.

Like Theren, I honestly haven't seen much improvement. Here's a quote of what I said on your previous application:
    - I've actually seen you an okay amount in game, although never really helping out. Please try to work hard to generally be a friendly, mature, and helpful asset to the community and it's conversation. If you are feeling immature, maybe take a breather from chatting.

- While you sometimes post where I count, your posts are not always constructive and you post most in Discussion, which rarely has anything to do with being contributive.

- Your application was an alright length. It was actually fairly large. However, length isn't everything. More on this farther down.

- You still tend to be fairly immature, from what I've seen. I have seen some improvement in this area, however, and I really hope to see more.

- Now. While your application is probably one of the larger ones I've seen in a while, it doesn't excuse the fact that most of it is about either what you think a Helper does or how greatly you will improve the server. This honestly seems way too overconfident. While the point of an application is to describe your qualities, you went a little too far. It makes you seem full of yourself and generally egotistical.

I'm going to point out specific examples in the application that bother me a lot.

Ignoring the fact that you obviously have no idea what the introduction is meant for, you also seem to completely misunderstand the 'controls of a Helper rank'. You can strive for peace and serve the community as a citizen; this sentence makes it seem like you just want the rank.
    If you were fit for this position, you would know that owning or moderating another server while being staff here is not allowed. These sentences could have compromised your entire application.

Now that I'm finished with the Introduction, I'll explain what an Introduction is meant to be; simply a way for us to get to know you. There should be little to no mentions of Meepcraft, as anything about Meepcraft that you deem important enough to go in your application should be in the Why.

More staff doesn't necessarily mean a more friendly environment. Also, all staff members are supposed to uphold the rules, and it is not a race; meaning punishing 'allot' of people for their wrong doings is nothing out of the ordinary and shouldn't be sped through. There's not necessarily a tally of this.
    While we help out, I think that's a bit of an exaggeration. I'm no different than you or any other player.
    This has never happened to me; if a Mod is needed, a Mod is gotten, without anyone needing to request one; no one has ever asked me to fetch one for them.
    This is completely incorrect. We are not allowed to skip over modreqs, and I doubt that any of us would without good reason to if we were allowed. Not to mention that no one just looks at the numbers. I can promise you that no staff member gives any less harsh punishment so that they don't have to log it. Please do not assume things like this.
    Age has little to do with maturity; you can only feel more mature if you act more mature.
    Helper does not include as much 'forum work' as you seem to assume; we just enjoy being friendly with the community. You should improve your activity before, not after, you are accepted.

All in all, I have to say a -1. I really don't think you are close to this rank at all, and you obviously have assumed a lot about what it entails, which offends me. You seem to think you know everything about being a Helper, which makes you look overconfident, as mentioned above. I very much dislike most of your application for this reason.

EDIT: Apologies if I seem rude or mean, I am always critical of applications, especially of those by people who have been immature in the past, and you really ruffled my fur the wrong way with a few of your comments. Cheers.

6. OBGSpikes100

OBGSpikes100 Meeper

-1 im not gonna go into much detail because chaos went possibly a little too far but anyways, I think that you didnt specify why you should be a helper. Try again soon mate :)

HazTheMan99 likes this.
  7. HazTheMan99

I apologize for being very rude in this application, and for being very egotistical and now looking back at it, I have looked at what all of you gave feedback on and instead of waiting two weeks to redo this i am not going to apply again until i have fixed my attitude and maturity. (Because this is hardly going to be accepted for reasons stated by people who gave feedback). I would like to thank everyone who has given me feedback so far and i have read thoroughly and made a word document listing all these things so that i can keep looking back at them and working on them.

OBGSpikes100 likes this.
  8. Qwikin

Qwikin Guest

Unlike Chaos, I'm too lazy to add more, and this pretty much sums up what I wanna say

adtheren and chaos546 like this.
  9. abbythrowsstuff

abbythrowsstuff Celebrity Meeper

^ I second chaos like seriously her posts are the best you could follow

chaos546 likes this.
  10. adtheren

adtheren Popular Meeper

"a little more"

11. ScumbagSheep

ScumbagSheep Well-Known Meeper

Confidence is something that I personally like on staff members.

"Oh I won't be accepted because I made a few mistakes"

Everyone makes mistakes. You have to learn to accept them, and move on.

12. Kingjackson

Kingjackson Popular Meeper

I am not really sure on this one. I mean in game you can be immature and impatient. This could really come down hard on you as a staff member. So i think ill go with a -0.50 for this one. :cool:

HazTheMan99 likes this.
  13. Nager2012

Nager2012 Popular Meeper

14. nbe412

nbe412 Well-Known Meeper

Hi haztheman! I give really loved this application, and how you added sections that weren't required. However, the reasons that you gave for "Why should you be a helper" needs a lot of work. For instance, all you said is what the staff already knows. You should put in stuff that makes us think "Oh wow, he will make a great helper".
    Sorry man, but it's a -1 for me, but good luck.

HazTheMan99 likes this.
  15. mrli1

mrli1 Popular Meeper

Hi haz! This is what I have to say.
    You have decent forum activity, but it needs to improve.
    The application had a bit of grammar issues.
    You do need to work on maturity.
    Sorry, it's a -1 for me. Good luck though! ;)

HazTheMan99 likes this.
  16. Juanphis

Juanphis Popular Meeper

Look haz, I havent seen you much In game and basically I agree with chaos and couldnt be more precise.
    so yea chaos says everything ^ -1

chaos546 likes this.
  17. TheRealWoohoocheese

TheRealWoohoocheese Celebrity Meeper

I had a feeling this was gonna be accepted, but until I read it. I'm sticking with a no. Sorry -1

mrli1 likes this.
  18. Qwikin

Qwikin Guest

I just want to point out that you were banned for minor towny theft or grief (can't remember which) about an hour ago. How can we expect someone who breaks the rules to enforce them?

19. HazTheMan99

m8 read my ban appeal its total misunderstanding

20. HazTheMan99

qwikin, how can we trust you to not lash out on players when you cant answer their question? 2014-01-12_00.18.50.png

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.